Todd Gurley will play against the Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
TG30 will run wild over the vaunted Steelers defense, throwing would-be tacklers aside like the Mumakil threw aside the Rohirrim in the epic battle in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Then we get a visual of a healthy Tre Mason to speed things up, and he'll run for touchdowns. And Tavon will finally get a long ball from Foles because the third time is the fucking charm.

2-1 after the Steelers game. Book it.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
The Skins weren't a bad team to begin with. They played tight against the Dolphins so I don't feel as embarrassed as we should be. Getting Gurley in the backfield will do wonders if he's 100%. This game is strictly on the O-line and Fisher's coaching but we still have 14 games to go, we need to stop buying into our own hype.

Strictly on the O-line? really? Did you watch all of the Ram defenders who couldn't get off of blocks? Did you see Ogletree continually get taken out of running plays? #52 is has little football instincts playing Linebacker.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Skins weren't a bad team to begin with. They played tight against the Dolphins so I don't feel as embarrassed as we should be. Getting Gurley in the backfield will do wonders if he's 100%. This game is strictly on the O-line and Fisher's coaching but we still have 14 games to go, we need to stop buying into our own hype.

23-27 completions against. thats insanity. they figured out how to deal with the pass rush obviously.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Strictly on the O-line? really? Did you watch all of the Ram defenders who couldn't get off of blocks? Did you see Ogletree continually get taken out of running plays? #52 is has little football instincts playing Linebacker.
damn. guy has 16 tackles and he's useless.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Agree. Ogletree was a stud today.

Edit: by my count he had >50 tackles. Dude seemed like the only guy playing defense at times.

Last edited:

WvuIN02

Starter
Ogletree is fine, its more on JL. Someone mentioned preseason as a stat he has never had a forced fumble in his 7 year entire career........as a linebacker. How is that even possible?

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
The team today was the team's of yesteryear but Todd Gurley changes all of that.
I don't think one guy can make a difference, this TEAM needs to work together and get the ball going. They need to work as a unit.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ogletree is fine, its more on JL. Someone mentioned preseason as a stat he has never had a forced fumble in his 7 year entire career........as a linebacker. How is that even possible?
ankle tackling??

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
How can any RB overcome that O-line? We might have the worst OT tandem in the NFL.

has anyone noticed that our ol lines up in a straight line while most teams line up with the guards about a yard behind the ball then the tackles about a yard behind the guards.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
TG30 will run wild over the vaunted Steelers defense, throwing would-be tacklers aside like the Mumakil threw aside the Rohirrim in the epic battle in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Then we get a visual of a healthy Tre Mason to speed things up, and he'll run for touchdowns. And Tavon will finally get a long ball from Foles because the third time is the freaking charm.

2-1 after the Steelers game. Book it.

ram fans never lose their sense of humor

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Every since we got Gurley everyone has been hyping the guy up. I remember this guy I worked with told me to watch him as a freshman at georgia. He was indeed a good college back. But I'm sorry I have been burnt by 2 many players... I will not get all hyped up over a guy who has never took an nfl hit besides when he was in that brawl against dallas. He doesn't know the speed of the game. Players always say tc practice is a different speed than college... Then when you go against other teams in practice, it's even faster. preseason is faster than any practicing, and gets faster in the regular season. He only has practice snaps with his own team then he us coming g off an acl which I believe won't bother him ever again but I myself have to reserve judgment. And to but the icing on the cake our line hasn't consistently made good running lanes dating back to the 1st preseason game. Idk guys but gurley may be good but it seems every thinks he is superman and he may not give us what we expect. This is scary to me... I hope he tears it up but I won't get excited till I see it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When the tackles are 8 yards past the line of scrimmage and after he took a bad angle yes. Or when he gets knocked back and carried for 4 yards before the RB goes down yes. He is one of those guys that will make 1 nice play a game but totally screw up 4 or 5 as well. He's mediocre at best and certainly a liability in pass coverage.

jap

Legend
We definitely need a strong punch in the running game. We have yet to reach the century mark as a rushing team through the first two games of this season. For a team that looks to market itself as a rushing team, that's not very impressive.

I don't know if Fish & Co. are comfortable rolling with Gurley for a whole game as yet. I suppose they will play it according to how Todd is feeling, along with substantial doses of Tre for good measure. With this young OL still trying to gel, we need Gurley to keep opposing D's off Nick's back. Gurley will help make play action passing a staple of the Ram's offense. And we have yet to see what having a talented monster like Todd can do at the receiving end of a Foles pass in the opposing secondary.