Todd Gurley will play against the Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Gurley can do it all. Pittsburgh doesn't know what's coming.

I won't excuse the first TD. D had a week's rest. But when the O goes 3 and out on the next 2 series, it makes it very challenging to play the opponent.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hate to be negative man but Gurley can't do it alone. The Steelers have a better front 7 and are going to love that film of what the Skins did. This OL might learn from this debacle, but at this point all I can honestly expect is Black and Yellow in our offensive backfield and Gurley gettin pulled down before he has a chance to change things.

It's possible this loss to the Skins wake the Rams up. It's also typical that the Rams win the games I don't think they can win, so it would make sense that they show up. Plus it's a home game. But I'm done hoping man. I'm out of optimism, sorry to say.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hate to be negative man but Gurley can't do it alone. The Steelers have a better front 7 and are going to love that film of what the Skins did. This OL might learn from this debacle, but at this point all I can honestly expect is Black and Yellow in our offensive backfield and Gurley gettin pulled down before he has a chance to change things.

It's possible this loss to the Skins wake the Rams up. It's also typical that the Rams win the games I don't think they can win, so it would make sense that they show up. Plus it's a home game. But I'm done hoping man. I'm out of optimism, sorry to say.

The Steelers front 7 is weak. Gurley will alternate carrying their defenders for 10 yards at a time.

WvuIN02

Starter
The Steelers offense will force the Rams to throw the ball to keep up, and its just not going to happen imo. Plus, while the Rams might be bringing in Gurley the Steelers get LeVeon Bell back this week.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Football is a game of match ups. I really like are chances if Gurley and Quick play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Steelers offense will force the Rams to throw the ball to keep up, and its just not going to happen imo. Plus, while the Rams might be bringing in Gurley the Steelers get LeVeon Bell back this week.

It's going to happen. No more complaining or doom and gloom. Todd Gurley and the Rams will beat the Steelers.

Did we zone block much today?

Yes. It was ineffective because we didn't block the back-side DE effectively.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well one advantage of Gurley being active: we won't need to see Cook trying to be an H-Back. That play will have a lot better result with a runner.

jap

Legend
No disrepect to Tre, but we have a speedy muscle car in the garage who is just crying for a test drive. Immature OL? No prolemo! The Gurley Man can create his own holes.

To the rest of the NFL, beware! The Gurley Express has been cleared for take off!!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Matt Jones just showed what a stud RB can do for an offense.

I like Mason, but he wasn't 100%.

Gurley is on a whole different level.

Totally agree. The only thing that concerns me is can the OL finally open some damn holes. I mean even AP looks average when he has no place to run.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams looked tired today. I recall some stat about how teams always lose after playing against Seattle. I hope that is all it was.

The Washington defense looks so much better without Haslett coaching it. Pittsburghs defense should be just as stout.

For Gurley to make a difference there will have to be more play variation. When the other team knows what is coming it is impossible to execute......unless the play is Dickerson right, Dickerson left and you have a mostly All Pro Oline.

Havenstein has to look more like a second rounder than a 4th rounder. Lael Collins sure would have been nice here. I think each year there should be a pick in each teams draft that the fans get to vote on. Ours would have been Collins.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams looked tired today. I recall some stat about how teams always lose after playing against Seattle. I hope that is all it was.

The Washington defense looks so much better without Haslett coaching it. Pittsburghs defense should be just as stout.

For Gurley to make a difference there will have to be more play variation. When the other team knows what is coming it is impossible to execute......unless the play is Dickerson right, Dickerson left and you have a mostly All Pro Oline.

Havenstein has to look more like a second rounder than a 4th rounder. Lael Collins sure would have been nice here. I think each year there should be a pick in each teams draft that the fans get to vote on. Ours would have been Collins.

When the OL sees that monster coming at them, they'll get themselves and their man out of the way for pure self-preservation.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
When watching Matt Jones run, I salivated at the thought of a much more talented Gurley carrying the ball in this offense. If he is what we think he is, then our offense will be fine. Our o-line will be fine with experience and remember we didn't always have a decent o-line when SJax was here and he was a freakin beast.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...e-october-the-week-after-playing-the-seahawks

This is from last year - but as its the only hope I have at the moment that we're not the same incompetent team, I'm hanging onto it for all I'm worth....

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hopefully our run blocking will improve next week, we drafted a couple of maulers to see them pancaked on occasion? Redskins flat out dominated at the LOS today, if the Steelers front 7 is as dangerous as it was a couple of years back, we're in deep shit. Foles must take advantage of a weak Steelers secondary.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My mind says yes he should play. My gut tells me Fisher will hold him at least one more week.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When the OL sees that monster coming at them, they'll get themselves and their man out of the way for pure self-preservation.

Just as a sidenote: I was watching a piece on Lawrence Phillips yesterday. It was about his jail experiences. When they showed clips of him it looked more like Gurley than any other runner I recall looking up.

Also: Some of Fishers presser he mentioned that Washington is a very well coached team. Is that implying that the Rams are not? He also praised Bill Callahan and his Olines play. He said it is the Cowboys all over again. Fisher really seems to like him and if he was available then he should have canned Bou in favor of Callahan. The Rams really need an Oline guru. I hope the Oline blocks better against Pittsburgh so Gurley has some holes to run through.