To all of you posting "Goodbye" threads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It was just a joke, like he broke my heart. Trying to lighten it up a bit.
Yeah - I think we could all use a little lightening up right now. Still - please understand that someone losing something that important to them is not going to find the same level of humor in things like this that those on the plus side might.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Sounds like me in '94. Not many St Louis fans realize there was a proposal on the table from Anaheim at that time and the NFL was trying to get her to the table. I hated her for everything that went on after she took the reins. It was one thing after another that took down our team. When they left I thought I might be able to cheer for another team. But alas - once I saw the horns it was obvious that I couldn't be anything but a Rams fan. I still hate what Georgia did but to be honest - I never cheered for Rosenbloom either - just my Rams.

I really hope you end up doing the same man. I would personally miss having you around.
I really appreciate that, and I am pretty sure I will remain a Rams fan. I admit that I may take on a second team (most likely Carolina), but I still love my Rams. It would be a hell of a lot easier to swallow if I was a well off fellow and could travel to LA to watch games whenever I want, but it is what it is.

I understand that some LA fans won't feel much sympathy for Stl when it comes to this matter, but you have to remember that a lot of us were just snot nosed punk kids when Georgia yanked the team from LA. I was only 7 or 8 when the Cardinals left and 14 when the Rams move was announced, so naturally I didn't give a shit about what anyone thought about anything. As an adult, I totally understand what you guys went through. The thing that hurts the most for me is the fact that my son and I won't be able to attend games together. Out of all of the things we do together, going to Rams games was by far our favorite. Luckily, he didn't take it too hard or he at least pretended like he didn't. Otherwise, my pain would be far worse.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guess what folks, it's neither the fault of LA people or St. Louis people that this happened. It's the NFL honchos that are behind this. Yet here are members at each other's throats like it's their fault.

At the beginning of last year I pushed with all of my might behind the scenes to keep this agonizing process off of ROD. The last 24-hours has reinforced that belief big time. The good news is that at least we didn't have to go through this every day here for the entire year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The thing that hurts the most for me is the fact that my son and I won't be able to attend games together. Out of all of the things we do together, going to Rams games was by far our favorite.
That hurts just reading it. You probably know that I brought my dad and both my sons to that opening day game in the Lou. It will be a memory all of us will share forever. I remember going to games in the Coliseum with my dad when I was just a kid. Even though it was many many years between games with my dad, that feeling never went away for me.

We found a way to get together for the Seattle game in 2004 when we were down by 17 and came back to win in OT. And then to get all three generations of Rams fans together for a game in the STL was phenomenal. My point behind that is that your son will still remember the games you took him to and at some point, you will probably find yourself taking him to an away game near where you are living. Then some day, he may just call you up and ask you to go to a game with him.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I've never had a home town in this fight , I was just some small town kid who grew up in Iowa , who for some reason fell in love with the Los Angeles Rams in the late 70's , early 80's , to this day I still have a hallway closet filled with nothing but old Los Angeles Rams stuff from even when I was in grade school and on up

I remember I was pretty bummed when the Rams moved to St Louis , and it had nothing to do with the city or the fans , just hate change , and even through the 20 years in St Louis I still would refer to them as the Los Angeles Rams, but what ever I called them or where ever they played , my love for the Rams has never faulted , and believe me ,ten loosing seasons in a row can make it kinda tough at times , but I am very happy they are moving back to Los Angeles , but like I said , that has nothing to do with the city St Louis or it's fans , , I have no home town in this fight , but I do deeply feel sorry for the fans from St Louis , not just loosing a team , but the way the owner went about it

It's also sad to know many friendships that started on this forum , and others like it will probably soon disappear as I'm sure we'll see a mass exodus of St Louis fans from these forums , and that saddens me , I just hope most of you don't grow to hate the Rams , because of it's owner , but I can completely understand moving on, :(

P.S. I still miss the Houston Oilers

Last edited:

fancents86

Starter
Thank jeebus for streaming and eBay. I can keep up with the Rams and buy merch and not a dime goes to the nfl or Kroenke.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The thing that gets me about your post and those who are fans regardless.... Then acknowledge that you've never "seen a game live in person" you can't even begin to understand what those of us who have been to EVERY HOMR GAME (and more than a few road games) are going thru.

Nothing has changed for you. You will continue to enjoy the experience of being a fan of a team that could be playing on Mars as long as they were televised.

For some of us, the experience is much more up close and personal. As I mentioned in a previous post, being able to be in the stands sharing the experience with my young son, continuing into his teenage years and now into his 30s cannot be replaced by watching on tv from 2000 miles away.

Meeting and getting to know other loyal and dedicated fans while sitting in the same section year after year isn't something that you can relate to.

To somehow try to compare your "fandom" is more noble because your because you remain a "diehard" regardless of location is insulting. Longevity is moot if you never get off your couch.

Or I could say that you all should be thankful that you had the opportunity that you all had for 23 years to see the Rams in person. One that I never had even for one game. Kind of makes you sound greedy doesn't it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
She simply wanted money over all else. However it worked out... didn't seem to matter to her.
Exactly. She did to the SoCal fans what Stan just did to the St.Louis fans. It's all about the almighty $$$ with aLL of these owners. I don't root for an owner, zip code or anything but the colors ,the horns and the guys in those uniforms.! Rams fan til I die!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Yeah - I think we could all use a little lightening up right now. Still - please understand that someone losing something that important to them is not going to find the same level of humor in things like this that those on the plus side might.

I get what you're saying but you're taking it wrong, he even "liked" the post, I assume he knew it was a joke reguarding cheering for the rivals - nothing to do with the move.

Q729

Legend
Man, I never even stopped to think about all the good folks that won't be posting on Rams boards anymore, or that the other board that I've been going to since I got the internet back in the 90s won't even exist anymore. It's quite a depressing thought. Even for someone who's generally lurked around for the past 21 years. None of this has really started to sink in until now...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Or I could say that you all should be thankful that you had the opportunity that you all had for 23 years to see the Rams in person. One that I never had even for one game. Kind of makes you sound greedy doesn't it.
Oh really? Now we're greedy? Got it.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I know I won't need time. I am NOT giving any of my time or money to this league anymore. If anything, this whole process has opened my eyes up greatly as to how I need to spend my time and money a lot more wisely than on football. I'm not going to help greedy billionaires get more money. I'm down to baseball, hockey and soccer now. NFL has dropped down to NBA levels for me in terms of how much I'll be paying attention to it, which is what I see on the espn app as I scroll down. I only became a fan when the Rams came to stl. If the Rams got a fair shake I would be perfectly ok. They didn't. I'm done. I have not come back on this board for several hours since I first posted in another thread. I'm logging out after this and will not be back. Mods can delete my profile whenever you feel like it. No bad wishes to you guys or LA. Enjoy the league.

I feel for ya man. But as sure as I live and breathe, you will be a Rams fan next season! I promise!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh really? Now we're greedy? Got it.

Just trying to speak in your language.

I know what it is like to attend games and make friends with fans. I had 5 years of college and went to home games. I tailgated with my friends, got to know their families, I talked with players in class. It was a good experience. I miss it sure but I can't afford to drive back there every home game and use up most of a day hanging with my friends that still go. But of course you assume that I know nothing of the matter.

With my original post, I was just offering a different perspective. Trying to get people to see beyond the hate and also to motivate them and make them realize that there is more to it than Kroenke. I am sorry you had to take it the wrong way. It doesn't surprise me though.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Just trying to speak in your language.

I know what it is like to attend games and make friends with fans. I had 5 years of college and went to home games. I tailgated with my friends, got to know their families, I talked with players in class. It was a good experience. I miss it sure but I can't afford to drive back there every home game and use up most of a day hanging with my friends that still go. But of course you assume that I know nothing of the matter.

With my original post, I was just offering a different perspective. Trying to get people to see beyond the hate and also to motivate them and make them realize that there is more to it than Kroenke. I am sorry you had to take it the wrong way. It doesn't surprise me though.
Fair enough. But it's still too soon and the wound too deep for all this cumbiya advice.

In time who knows.....

DenverRam

Starter
at least you dont get private messages from these douchebags who hid on other forums for the entire year.

And now are here being "great rams fans"

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Man, I never even stopped to think about all the good folks that won't be posting on Rams boards anymore, or that the other board that I've been going to since I got the internet back in the 90s won't even exist anymore. It's quite a depressing thought. Even for someone who's generally lurked around for the past 21 years. None of this has really started to sink in until now...

Very true, it's tough to say goodbye to those we have found common interests with, then find it over in an instant. Sure, it's just the internet, but some of these conversations have been going on for years.
There is alternative thinking to be considered also, with the sad loss of some old friends, there will no doubt be a huge influx of new posters in a much larger market, meaning potential new blood with a new and fresh perspective.
I know when the original 'official' Rams forum was shut down with no warning some 10 years ago, there was a big sense of loss until we found our way over to RRF and RamStalk, then later this forum found its way and developed a larger following itself. Change is part of life, it may seem discouraging for a time, but growth will take us to our next stage, and that next stage looks like it could be a big one. jmo.