Texans QB Deshaun Watson tore his ACL today at practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Tough business, but our chances of winning just went up
I hope the Rams don't get overconfident and take the Texans lightly. They still have many good players. QBs by themselves don't win championships. The Rams must take all teams seriously staring this Sundany against the NY Football Giants.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kaepernick would still need to learn the playbook and get into game shape. It's already Week 9. What's the point?
Not saying it’s easy but he’s better than savage and Mcgloin even out of shape.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
same type? yes same talent?NO
I don’t get the notion that Kaepernick is a bad qb. He took over as a rookie and did something a lot of rookies couldn’t do in the middle of a season even his last stint with the 9ers was good. The team was a dumbster fire not Kaep if you don’t think he is a upgrade over the guys they have now I don’t know what to say

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don’t get the notion that Kaepernick is a bad qb. He took over as a rookie and did something a lot of rookies couldn’t do in the middle of a season even his last stint with the 9ers was good. The team was a dumbster fire not Kaep if you don’t think he is a upgrade over the guys they have now I don’t know what to say
I think Kaepernick is talented. My issue with him his, he can’t read a defense. Deshawn Watson is already leagues above him when it comes to progressions. That touchdown pass to Fuller against Sherman was his third read. Colin looked at his first and second guy, if it wasn’t there he ran. It’s hard to win games like that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Kaepernick is talented. My issue with him his, he can’t read a defense. Deshawn Watson is already leagues above him when it comes to progressions. That touchdown pass to Fuller against Sherman was his third read. Colin looked at his first and second guy, if it wasn’t there he ran. It’s hard to win games like that.

My question would be at what price ? Kap wants how much ?

Does he really want to play ?

Would media be a distraction?

Is Mcgown a backup of the future or Savage ?”

Isn’t there history with QB & coach ?

That Ostweather thing was a mess Cleveland took on . O'Brien has earned the right .

—First & for most. What a devastating blow for that team. Houston doesn’t even get a chance to celebrate the World Series in full.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree but he did win games plenty of them all I’m saying he is a definite upgrade over the two guys they have. He don’t offer a severe drop off like those other two and a lot of those read options plays would work perfectly and Kaep has an A+arm. It’s just wishful thinking knowing it’s not going to happen

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And why would McGloin or Yates be in playing shape but Kaep isnt? Gotta love it.
True especially McGloin he has to learn the playbook too and Kaep is an athlete so while he might not be in football shape I would still bet he’s in better shape then those two

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd ask Fuller and Hopkins who they'd rather have at QB, Savage, Mcgloin and Yates or Kaep?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
same type? yes same talent?NO

True, but what talent do the other options have?

Kaepernick would still need to learn the playbook and get into game shape. It's already Week 9. What's the point?

The point is HOU is 1 game out of first place in the division and with a poor backup they have no chance. With an average to slightly below average QB they are at least in the mix.

That’s he’s 10x better than Matt McGloin or Tom Savage.
'

Well he is better, mebbe not 10X lol. I get what you are saying though.

The last place that'd be welcoming of Kaepernick is Texas.

Which says it all.

However here in FL I think it would be less welcoming. Most people don't realize it, I didn't until I lived here, but most of Florida is "deep south" along the lines of Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Georgia. There is even a cracker festival here LOL.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which says it all.

However here in FL I think it would be less welcoming. Most people don't realize it, I didn't until I lived here, but most of Florida is "deep south" along the lines of Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama and Georgia. There is even a cracker festival here LOL.
He will be welcome anywhere he goes if the team wins. Or at least plays well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Do we really need to bring up Krap every time a QB goes down?
Keep lost his job to Gabbert before he started becoming a distraction. That's right, he had already lost his job to a career back up. The propaganda bs, that Krap is a starting Caliber qb needs to stop already.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This will make Mike Foolio and Peter King cry.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-adding-t-j-yates-to-quarterback-mix-as-well/

Texans adding T.J. Yates to quarterback mix as well
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 3, 2017

498290220-e1507238708210.jpg

Getty Images

The Texans are apparently adding another quarterback today, and #asexpected, he isn’t Colin Kaepernick either.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Texans are signing T.J. Yates in the wake of the season-ending knee injury suffered in practice yesterday by Deshaun Watson.

Previous reports said they were also adding Matt McGloin to the mix as well, as they look for options behind Week One starter Tom Savage.

Yates at least has some credentials with the Texans, as he led them to their first playoff win in 2011.

This actually makes his third stint with the team, as he was also with them in 2015 when they cut Ryan Mallett, but he suffered a torn ACL. He’s also had stints with the Falcons and Dolphins, and was most recently with the Bills.

He’s played in 18 games, and has a career passer rating of 72.8.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do we really need to bring up Krap every time a QB goes down?
Keep lost his job to Gabbert before he started becoming a distraction. That's right, he had already lost his job to a career back up. The propaganda bs, that Krap is a starting Caliber qb needs to stop already.
He's the best available QB, so yes.
And you might want to fact check, he was the starter last year

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel lol. With Astros winning the WS this would be the perfect time for Houston to sneak Kaep in lol

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's the best available QB, so yes.
And you might want to fact check, he was the starter last year
He got benched for Gabbert. He got his job back because he going up against...well, Blame Gabbert. The fact that he lost his starting job to begin should be enough.
Krap is not going to save any team

Last edited: