Texans QB Deshaun Watson tore his ACL today at practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

socalrams90

Starter
Houston fans screamed to the sports gods...

"Anything for a world series title!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The sports gods listened and took their payment the very next day. It was a bittersweet tale for Houston fans.
DNqBTGYWkAEjRtw.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trust me saying we should beat the 1 win giants and now QB less 3-4 Texans isn’t getting ahead. Saying we will go 14-2 is getting ahead.
Saying we go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl is just who we is!
~TexasRam

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This is a lock now, though I had the Rams winning before this, at this point it'll probably be lopsided.

Especially when a player comes out of nowhere like he did. It's an awful way for a truly excellent story line to end.

I just did some number crunching.........a 16 game season modeled after the 6 games he has started would look like this:

4178 yards passing
674 yards rushing
48 passing TD's (21 INT's)
5 rushing TD's
8.8 YPA

It's not likely that he would be able to keep that pace, but imagine if he did. Not only would he be ROTY he would probably garner the MVP trophy too. Not to mention setting a bar so high it's unlikely that the TD's and YPA would ever be matched by a rookie QB forever. It would be like Bob Beamon's Olympic long jump record. Unbreakable.

He's gotta stop running though, he won't last if he keeps it up.

Depends on the rules, but yeah.

Honestly, I thought 5K yards would NEVER be passed by another QB after Marino did it. I mean, remember, you were a franchise QB in 1984 if you could throw for over 3k a season. A 300 yard game was a rarity, not an average.

But rules changed and it seems like Drew Brees throws for 5k every year.

Honestly, tho, those numbers are otherworldly.

And no one can say anything about the game because...non-contact.

Sad. It seems more and more that because of parity that the HEALTHIEST teams win the Super Bowl, not the most talented or best coached.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
damn shame...

Kinda surprised...His knees look to be in much better shape than say Teddy Bridgewater's....some things you just can't account for.

Football is a 100% certainty of an injury in a players lifetime while playing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's why I never have a problem with paying these guys . They're all one play from being done . Very few are ever the same

Yeah, ask Teddy Bridgewater about that... his non-contact was so bad that guys were throwing up on the field and if it hadn't been for some expert triage by the on-field staff, he'd have lost his leg!!!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Wow, I know it's part of the game but how sad. He was having an epic rookie season, I would have preferred to beat the Texans with him at the helm. Wishing him a full recovery!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Astros win a World Series, DeShaun Watson gets an injury
Sports gods giveth, sports gods taketh

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Yup! It's true and it's too bad. I, too, like many on here, wanted to see if the Rams could shut him down. He was an exciting rookie to watch. Texans are gonna miss him

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to celebrate such bad news for the Texans, but this is amazing news for us. They're not much of a threat without Watson.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I don't want to celebrate such bad news for the Texans, but this is amazing news for us. They're not much of a threat without Watson.

Ya got that right Amigo

As a long time Rams fan why the efff should I care about this? Seriously, can there possibly be a more injury snake bitten team than the Rams over the past decade

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Proof that teams would rather lose than sign Kaepernick.
He’d fit in perfectly with what Watson was running
Their essentially the same type of qb you wouldn’t have to change your playbook or anything

…..

Legend
This is a hit to the whole NFL, not just the Texans. A great weekly story line just got lost for the season. With all the rediculous social bullshit and subesequent lost revenue and sponsorship, as well as Goodell's tender footedness now getting exposed by Jurrry Jones, and the silly travelling to Europe, the NFL needs anything GOOD it can grasp. Watson was the good. Watson, the Rams, Karrem Hunt....we have one less Good News story to dilute the bullshit.

Get well soon !!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their essentially the same type of qb you wouldn’t have to change your playbook or anything

Kaepernick would still need to learn the playbook and get into game shape. It's already Week 9. What's the point?