Texans QB Deshaun Watson tore his ACL today at practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He got benched for Gabbert. He got his job back because he going up against...well, Blame Gabbert. The fact that he lost his starting job to begin should be enough.
Krap is not going to save any team
Ok, well then Goff will never amount to anything because he was benched for Case Keenum....
Ridiculous reasoning.
Kaep has a career QB rating of 89 with a TD to INT rate of 72 to 30
He is far superior to Gabbert, McGloin, Yates and many starters.
Houston would have made sense, he fits in to what they were doing well much more than the stiffs they signed will. Heck the idiot owner could have won favor back with his players as well since they protested against him

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel lol. With Astros winning the WS this would be the perfect time for Houston to sneak Kaep in lol
I truly believe that if he got to play, and he honored his word to stand for the anthem, we could actually put an end to this dissent.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok, well then Goff will never amount to anything because he was benched for Case Keenum....
Ridiculous reasoning.
Kaep has a career QB rating of 89 with a TD to INT rate of 72 to 30
Houston would have made sense, he fits in to what they were doing well much more than the stiffs they signed will. Heck the idiot owner could have won favor back with his players as well since they protested against him
Nonsense.
Goff got benched for Keenan? I'm not really sure where you came up with that logic. Goff was never named the starting QB until week 9. At which point, he never lost his job.
The well known fact, is that Krap was the Starter in Frisco. He was beaten out by Gabbert to start the season.
You don't have to believe me. I also don't need to do the research if you don't.
He hasn't done shit since Harbaugh left and their aren't many (if any) coaches that want to change their offense to accommodate Krap. He's not exactly proven himself to be a quick learner.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nonsense.
Goff got benched for Keenan? I'm not really sure where you came up with that logic. Goff was never named the starting QB until week 9. At which point, he never lost his job.
The well known fact, is that Krap was the Starter in Frisco. He was beaten out by Gabbert to start the season.
You don't have to believe me. I also don't need to do the research if you don't.
He hasn't done crap since Harbaugh left and their aren't many (if any) coaches that want to change their offense to accommodate Krap. He's not exactly proven himself to be a quick learner.
Keenum won the job in TC, just like Gabbert did for SF, hence Keenum started against Gabbs in the season opener that we got goose egged by a team that the rest of the league scored 30+ against.

Same deal.

Spin all you like.

And make sure to leave out that Kaep missed off season with Kelly while rehabbing his shoulder.

Good grief

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Keenum won the job in TC, just like Gabbert did for SF, hence Keenum started against Gabbs in the season opener that we got goose egged by a team that the rest of the league scored 30+ against.

Same deal.

Spin all you like.

And make sure to leave out that Kaep missed off season with Kelly while rehabbing his shoulder.

Good grief
So your trying to compare a starting QB in his second contract, to a Rookie that was never named the starter?
Come on.
Even if true, it doesn't change the fact that Krap was beaten out by Gabbert to start the season. That is a simple fact. It really isn't even a discussion.
Which I'm going to end here.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So your trying to compare a starting QB in his second contract, to a Rookie that was never named the starter?
Come on.
Even if true, it doesn't change the fact that Krap was beaten out by Gabbert to start the season. That is a simple fact. It really isn't even a discussion.
Which I'm going to end here.
False narrative but thats cool.
I dont even like Kap but at least call things like they are

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Kaepernick was not going to get signed even before he decided to sue the NFL for collusion. No owner in his right mind would have allowed that media circus to mess up the chemistry of his team.

An exceptional player, may have gotten an opportunity. That is not the case with CK who has not been exceptional for a few seasons now. Think Michael Sam or Tim Tebow as examples. Btw why has no one made a big fuss about RGIII not being signed?

The bottom line is that playing in the NFL is not a right but a privilege. If a player causes more problems than he's worth, his playing days in the NFL are over.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kaepernick was not going to get signed even before he decided to sue the NFL for collusion. No owner in his right mind would have allowed that media circus to mess up the chemistry of his team.

An exceptional player, may have gotten an opportunity. That is not the case with CK who has not been exceptional for a few seasons now. Think Michael Sam or Tim Tebow as examples. Btw why has no one made a big fuss about RGIII not being signed?

The bottom line is that playing in the NFL is not a right but a privilege. If a player causes more problems than he's worth, his playing days in the NFL are over.
If RGIII or Tebow were coming off a 90 QBR season with a 16-4 TD to INT, they'd have a job for sure. But neither could/can play.
I hate the effer, but he actually played good last year on a total disaster of a team

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If RGIII or Tebow were coming off a 90 QBR season with a 16-4 TD to INT, they'd have a job for sure. But neither could/can play.
I hate the effer, but he actually played good last year on a total disaster of a team

And most of those stats came in garbage time because his team lost just about every game.

giphy.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And most of those stats came in garbage time because his team lost just about every game.

giphy.gif
Ok so last season doesnt count because San Fran gave up 35 ppg??
Garbage time or whatever you wanna call it, he played decent.
RGIII and Tebow did not.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I truly believe that if he got to play, and he honored his word to stand for the anthem, we could actually put an end to this dissent.

Not to mention that if HOU had signed him the lawsuit become void.

Well I think @dieterbrock is right, if he got signed and stood for the anthem like he said the discussion comes to a close. The media is always looking to hype something and this would wind it down. In fact it's the media that's made this into a bigger thing than it needed to be. It's this years deflategate.

ESPN actually virtually insisted that program directors talk about deflategate every day.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LesBaker that was my thinking as well I’m like this is a perfect time for McNair to bring in Kaep. It actually helps their team but it also sheds some positive light on the nfl. They would be able to spin it that the nfl is working on ways for the players to handle social issues. Kaep is already or has already met with the nfl and it’s players on the issue at one of those meetings.

To me if I was in charge of the nfl PR I would have jumped all over this. You basically kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LesBaker that was my thinking as well I’m like this is a perfect time for McNair to bring in Kaep. It actually helps their team but it also sheds some positive light on the nfl. They would be able to spin it that the nfl is working on ways for the players to handle social issues. Kaep is already or has already met with the nfl and it’s players on the issue at one of those meetings.

To me if I was in charge of the nfl PR I would have jumped all over this. You basically kill 3 birds with 1 stone.
Boom
Couldnt have drawn up a better scenario.
But now that it didnt happen, I believe it will exacerbate the issue

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boom
Couldnt have drawn up a better scenario.
But now that it didnt happen, I believe it will exacerbate the issue
Yep they had a ready made situation to bring all of this to bear but when do they ever get things right. Got papa johns mad at them now

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eak-accident-that-happened-on-a-routine-play/

Deshaun Watson injury a “freak accident” that happened on a routine play
Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2017

When non-contact knee injuries happen, typically a significant amount of torque or tension is applied to the ACL, causing it to snap. For Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, that wasn’t the case.

Appearing on Friday’s edition of the PFT PM podcast, Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson explained what happened when Watson was injured at practice on Thursday.

“Just a normal read-option,” Jackson said. “He kind of kept it and he was just kind of running. I mean, he wasn’t 100-percent full speed. He was just kind of trotting and went down. We didn’t think nothing of it because it didn’t look serious. But for your quarterback to go down, everybody kind of hesitates to make sure he’s all right. He got up with his usual smile on his face, so everybody kind of thought everything was OK.”

Jackson made it clear that there was nothing unusual about the play.

“It just happened,” he said. “No jump cut, no nothing. It just happened, just happened. It was one of those freak accidents. It just happened.”

Jackson said that he believed Watson’s departure from practice was believed to be precautionary, and that it was a shock to learn that he had torn an ACL.

“Because I saw how it happened, I was like, ‘Man, it’s got to be a joke,'” Jackson said. “Because it was nothing at all. He was just kind of trotting and he just kind of went down. And even when he went down, no one thought anything of it.”

It’s a stark reminder of how quickly things can change, for any team at any time. For the Texans, the challenge now becomes finding a way to compete without the most dynamic and impressive young player the NFL has seen in a long time.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eak-accident-that-happened-on-a-routine-play/

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2017

When non-contact knee injuries happen, typically a significant amount of torque or tension is applied to the ACL, causing it to snap. For Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, that wasn’t the case.

Appearing on Friday’s edition of the PFT PM podcast, Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson explained what happened when Watson was injured at practice on Thursday.

“Just a normal read-option,” Jackson said. “He kind of kept it and he was just kind of running. I mean, he wasn’t 100-percent full speed. He was just kind of trotting and went down. We didn’t think nothing of it because it didn’t look serious. But for your quarterback to go down, everybody kind of hesitates to make sure he’s all right. He got up with his usual smile on his face, so everybody kind of thought everything was OK.”

Jackson made it clear that there was nothing unusual about the play.

“It just happened,” he said. “No jump cut, no nothing. It just happened, just happened. It was one of those freak accidents. It just happened.”

Jackson said that he believed Watson’s departure from practice was believed to be precautionary, and that it was a shock to learn that he had torn an ACL.

“Because I saw how it happened, I was like, ‘Man, it’s got to be a joke,'” Jackson said. “Because it was nothing at all. He was just kind of trotting and he just kind of went down. And even when he went down, no one thought anything of it.”

It’s a stark reminder of how quickly things can change, for any team at any time. For the Texans, the challenge now becomes finding a way to compete without the most dynamic and impressive young player the NFL has seen in a long time.

I'm not really sure how ACL's or human body works. But is this more concerning? It's not like he put too much pressure on the knee. Why would this happen unless his knee/acl was just really weak?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm not really sure how ACL's or human body works. But is this more concerning? It's not like he put too much pressure on the knee. Why would this happen unless his knee/acl was just really weak?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/acl-injury/symptoms-causes/syc-20350738

ACL injury

Overview

• ACL injury
An ACL injury is the tearing of the anterior cruciate (KROO-she-ate) ligament (ACL) — one of the major ligaments in your knee. ACL injuries most commonly occur during sports that involve sudden stops, jumping or changes in direction — such as basketball, soccer, football, tennis, downhill skiing, volleyball and gymnastics.

Many people hear or feel a "pop" in the knee when an ACL injury occurs. Your knee may swell, feel unstable and become too painful to bear weight.

Depending on the severity of your ACL injury, treatment may include rest and rehabilitation exercises to help you regain strength and stability or surgery to replace the torn ligament followed by rehabilitation. A proper training program may help reduce the risk of an ACL injury.

Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of an ACL injury usually include:

• A loud "pop" or a "popping" sensation in the knee
  • Severe pain and inability to continue activity
  • Swelling that begins within a few hours
  • Loss of range of motion
  • A feeling of instability or "giving way" with weight bearing

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ZYNV0Py5E

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrdlxFY26cc

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't know who is in charge of PR for the NFL but they are the shittiest. Ever.

The NFL's PR team is a swirling shitstorm of stupidity.

Most of the time it happens like this........

ACL injury

Thank you Dr. PT for the instructional videos! :LOL:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/acl-injury/symptoms-causes/syc-20350738

ACL injury

Overview

• ACL injury
An ACL injury is the tearing of the anterior cruciate (KROO-she-ate) ligament (ACL) — one of the major ligaments in your knee. ACL injuries most commonly occur during sports that involve sudden stops, jumping or changes in direction — such as basketball, soccer, football, tennis, downhill skiing, volleyball and gymnastics.

Many people hear or feel a "pop" in the knee when an ACL injury occurs. Your knee may swell, feel unstable and become too painful to bear weight.

Depending on the severity of your ACL injury, treatment may include rest and rehabilitation exercises to help you regain strength and stability or surgery to replace the torn ligament followed by rehabilitation. A proper training program may help reduce the risk of an ACL injury.

Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of an ACL injury usually include:

• A loud "pop" or a "popping" sensation in the knee
  • Severe pain and inability to continue activity
  • Swelling that begins within a few hours
  • Loss of range of motion
  • A feeling of instability or "giving way" with weight bearing

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ZYNV0Py5E

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrdlxFY26cc

That first picture kind of made me sick a little bit. I tore my ACL, LCL, PCL, Miniscus, and Hamstring biceps tendon.

*That's both middle tendons, the one on the left, and then the one that runs lateral between the bones. The biceps tendon is not pictured.