Texans QB Deshaun Watson tore his ACL today at practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The point is HOU is 1 game out of first place in the division and with a poor backup they have no chance. With an average to slightly below average QB they are at least in the mix.

In the mix for what? Their defense can't stop anyone, and a bad starting QB like Kaepernick isn't going to win them shootouts. Plus, by the time he's ready to start, they'll likely be 3-6 (and that's assuming he gets the offense down quickly).

Even if they somehow manage to make the playoffs, they're not going anywhere.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In the mix for what? Their defense can't stop anyone, and a bad starting QB like Kaepernick isn't going to win them shootouts. Plus, by the time he's ready to start, they'll likely be 3-6 (and that's assuming he gets the offense down quickly).

Even if they somehow manage to make the playoffs, they're not going anywhere.

Lots of assumptions on the 3-6 counselor and the facts are as follows.

They are 1 game out of the lead for the division. So in the mix. They probably wouldn't be a factor in the playoffs with Watson so that's not the point either.

TENN defense is just as bad. JAX can fall apart just as easily as any other team and they have not played and won versus a team with a winning record. Both of these teams are big question marks.

A starting QB like Kaepernick gives that team a way better chance than the stiffs they are about to deploy. Please, the guys they have are terrible, way worse than Kaepernick.

It's an 8 game rental to try to take the division crown and get a home playoff game.........and it would only cost about 4MIL.

If I was the owner of an NFL team I'd do that in a minute.

For fucks sake just the money made from the home playoff game would cover the salary.

Not to mention the other benefits of putting this away.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kaepernick was not going to get signed even before he decided to sue the NFL for collusion.

Exactly. Now he's making owners waste their time going to court and handing over personal information.

He has played his last down in the nfl.

At least he fleeced the whiners out of some money before he decided he wanted to save the world.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I feel quite confident that they aren't beating us. As for the Colts, that's less certain, but Savage is being tossed in there despite Watson being the starter for almost the entire week. That's going to be a tough ask from a QB who isn't very good.

They are 1 game out of the lead for the division. So in the mix. They probably wouldn't be a factor in the playoffs with Watson so that's not the point either.

If Watson plays like he has, they would be. Moreover, Watson getting playoff experience would be invaluable. The Jaguars and Titans were better teams when they had Watson. The Texans aren't winning the division with Kaepernick.

TENN defense is just as bad. JAX can fall apart just as easily as any other team and they have not played and won versus a team with a winning record. Both of these teams are big question marks.

Jacksonville has a soft schedule. They don't have to beat a bunch of teams with winning records. Tennessee's defense is slightly better. And there's no debating that their offense is better than a Kaepernick-led Texans offense.

A starting QB like Kaepernick gives that team a way better chance than the stiffs they are about to deploy. Please, the guys they have are terrible, way worse than Kaepernick.

Their season is lost. Kaepernick isn't getting to them to the playoffs. The stiffs on the team aren't getting them to the playoffs. That's why they don't care enough to make a move. If you want to talk about a team that should sign Kaepernick, it's Denver.

It's an 8 game rental to try to take the division crown and get a home playoff game.........and it would only cost about 4MIL.

$4 million? Lol.

They're getting neither of those things with Kaepernick. The 49ers went 3-16 with Kaepernick as the starter in 2015 and 2016. He's not fixing the Texans' issues.

I wouldn't. I'd do it if I were the Broncos, though.

For fucks sake just the money made from the home playoff game would cover the salary.

They're not getting the home playoff game, and they'd lose a bunch of money from sponsors bailing and fans boycotting because they're a team located in TEXAS.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Not to mention the other benefits of putting this away.
CK has been out of football for almost a year now. He doesn’t know the playbook either. It’s just unbelievable to me why people think this guy can just step in and be good. He needs to have an offense completely tailored to his strengths to work. He’s a decent armed running QB. And his accuracy was really bad at times last year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/04/w...rade-browns-aj-mccarron-deshaun-watson-injury

By Gary Gramling

The reaction to the Deshaun Watson ACL tear was a bit over the top.

It’s disappointing, for sure, as Watson was an absolute joy to watch. (Will Tom Savage be able to replicate Watson’s rare brand of athletic playmaking? Only time will tell.) But it’s a torn ACL. In an unlikely and absolute worst case scenario, a slow recovery and conservative approach to rehab, he’s not back until the 2019 opener. At which point he’ll be a week or so shy of his 24th birthday.

But the injury does move up a conversation that we were going to have in January or February: What’s next for Watson? Everything the Texans have done since Week 3 has been brilliant and worked almost perfectly. It’s been heavy on motion and misdirection though, and it’s fair to expect opposing defenses to handle it better with a full offseason to break it down.

Whether it’s paranoia or not, Houston now has a franchise player with a, let’s say, “less than Cam Newton” frame and a tendency to be reckless with his body, coming off a torn ACL. It’s not just a matter of limiting designed runs, it’s the question of whether they can get the ball out of his hand quickly on a consistent basis.

The good news is that the Texans will have a full offseason to cook something up. The better news is that Watson improved at breakneck speed as a passer, and coming into last year’s draft people in the league seemed to love everything about him from an intelligence and intangibles aspect.

Plus, as our Albert Breer consistently points out, at Clemson Watson already had to go through the process of having opposing defenses adjust over an offseason and take parts of his game away. The future is promising, even if we’ll miss him over the course of the next nine games.

I don't want to imply that this has some bigger, deeper meaning, but this is my favorite play of Watson’s rookie year. This is a third-and-14 from last Sunday in Seattle. He takes off with the ball, and three Seahawks defenders have eyes on him. There is no way he should get to the sticks here:

third14.gif

It’s like, after six quarters, he had managed to fully recalibrate and adjust to the speed of the NFL and can now map out these escapes on the fly. Or maybe he was just incredibly lucky here. Either way, it was neat. I was fairly sure the Watt/Mercilus injuries ended the Texans’ playoff hopes, but now the Watson injury surely does.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
You guys think the giants boards are bad man the Texans are full on committing to their loss vs the Rams next week

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You guys think the giants boards are bad man the Texans are full on committing to their loss vs the Rams next week

1. BOB
2. Passing twice as much as rushing the football in a close ball game.
3. Not using Lamar Miller against one of the worst defenses in football?
4. BOB
5. You have a backup QB that never scored a TD before. Pass twice as much, behind a bad OL.
6. BOB!