Texans QB Deshaun Watson tore his ACL today at practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe not the time to start the narrative and maybe insensitive but this is why i prefer a guy like goff over these types of qb's. They can only last so long with their style of play. Wentz is another one who worries me, only Wilson seems to be the exception.

I didn't see much of him but i never saw him take a big hit when he ran. Just unlucky for him, a non contract injury.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe not the time to start the narrative and maybe insensitive but this is why i prefer a guy like goff over these types of qb's. They can only last so long with their style of play. Wentz is another one who worries me, only Wilson seems to be the exception.
Trust me saying we should beat the 1 win giants and now QB less 3-4 Texans isn’t getting ahead. Saying we will go 14-2 is getting ahead.

Yeah, I don't think it's getting ahead to note shortcomings or problems opponents have...Terrible break for him, but it makes the game far more winnable for the Rams..He is a very up and coming young QB, no doubt...Hate to see this happen to him...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hope it's not that serious.
Watson seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'm rooting for the kid.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That sucks. That's my dude.
Screenshot_1.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-mcgloin-with-deshaun-watson-out-for-season/

Texans to sign Matt McGloin with Deshaun Watson out for season
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 2, 2017

841350090-e1509658947111.jpg

Getty Images

With Deshaun Watson out for the season with a torn ACL, the Texans need another quarterback on the roster, and they’ve already identified the one they want.

Houston will sign Matt McGloin, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.

A former Penn State quarterback, McGloin had by far his best college season in 2012, the year Texans coach Bill O’Brien was his head coach. McGloin joined the Raiders as an undrafted rookie in 2013 and spent four years in Oakland, starting seven games. He signed with the Eagles this offseason but was released at the end of the preseason.

The Texans will turn back to Tom Savage, who started Week One before being benched for Watson, on Sunday against the Colts.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Man what a blow.. They really don't have much now without him.. We know how it feels. Bradford was having his best season when he tore his.. Sucks

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Texans are still a good team though, it's not gonna be any easy out for us.

JJ Watt
Whitney Mercilus
Brian Cushing
CJ Fiedorowicz
Duane Brown
Chris Covington
DeShaun Watson

Core of their team is on IR or gone completely. Tom Savage is no where near the level of a decent starting QB.

The weird thing is...everyone is all in on the Astros (as am I) and no one really knows about this news.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That sucks balls. Kid is a star and was fun to watch all season. Such a shame.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Houston fans screamed to the sports gods...

"Anything for a world series title!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The sports gods listened and took their payment the very next day. It was a bittersweet tale for Houston fans.

Yeah it was a roller coaster 24 hours.

Blowing out a knee is almost always a non-contact injury and a lot of times just happens when a player plants wrong. This happened in practice so for sure he wasn't taking a hit.

But I generally agree. I've ALWAYS said that QB's have to make their living on THEIR side of the LOS.

When was the last time the rams started 7-2?

2007, 2008, 2009.

Texans to sign Matt McGloin

FUCK!! Now this is certainly an L for the Rams. Kidding of course, and I think this is a mistake they should have signed Keapernick. HOU is one game behind JAX and TENN, neither of which are looking very strong right now. This was a bad football move. McGloin is terrible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a lock now, though I had the Rams winning before this, at this point it'll probably be lopsided.

Especially when a player comes out of nowhere like he did. It's an awful way for a truly excellent story line to end.

I just did some number crunching.........a 16 game season modeled after the 6 games he has started would look like this:

4178 yards passing
674 yards rushing
48 passing TD's (21 INT's)
5 rushing TD's
8.8 YPA

It's not likely that he would be able to keep that pace, but imagine if he did. Not only would he be ROTY he would probably garner the MVP trophy too. Not to mention setting a bar so high it's unlikely that the TD's and YPA would ever be matched by a rookie QB forever. It would be like Bob Beamon's Olympic long jump record. Unbreakable.

He's gotta stop running though, he won't last if he keeps it up.
Well he was only going to play 15 games but still the point is valid. He was on his way to setting all kinds of rookie records

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
JJ Watt
Whitney Mercilus
Brian Cushing
CJ Fiedorowicz
Duane Brown
Chris Covington
DeShaun Watson

Cushing is a cheating turd.

Busted again for PED's. Kick those guys out of the league forever and the rest of the players will stop taking shit.

The quality of the game won't suffer a single bit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Proof that teams would rather lose than sign Kaepernick.
He’d fit in perfectly with what Watson was running