Snead: Rams have “better than 50%” chance of signing Britt/PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
(y)Fisher must have an apartment complex with high security measures in place to house his problem children. Something is working and he obviously has a couple more vacancies. If it works, I'm all for it!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think they will take Clowney (or maybe thats my wishful thinking, but who can tell these days right?) But I agree....weve made it through the dark ages of fandom time to retake what is ours (nfc west)

ALL NFC fans (and most NFL fans) will call you crazy except some Rams fans but it could very well be worst to first this season. It's too early to tell but the Rams have one hell of a draft coming up. 12 picks, 2 in the first round, and it's a deep draft in many positions. Their young talent is now experienced. Bradford will be back. This could be a breakout. If its not, I will bet my blue and gold balls, it's going to be competitive and exciting with a top, and universally recognized ranking, for 2015 hopefuls for the SB.

I'm not going into the season with team expectations as much as in the past. I'm going in with an eye for huge individual achievements for a 2015/16 run. The playoffs this season are an expectation but I'm really looking for a 2015/16 SB showing.

If this isn't the tipping point, I need to take up a new sport. A decade is enough.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ALL NFC fans (and most NFL fans) will call you crazy except some Rams fans but it could very well be worst to first this season. It's too early to tell but the Rams have one hell of a draft coming up. 12 picks, 2 in the first round, and it's a deep draft in many positions. Their young talent is now experienced. Bradford will be back. This could be a breakout. If its not, I will bet my blue and gold balls, it's going to be competitive and exciting with a top, and universally recognized ranking, for 2015 hopefuls for the SB.

I'm not going into the season with team expectations as much as in the past. I'm going in with an eye for huge individual achievements for a 2015/16 run. The playoffs this season are an expectation but I'm really looking for a 2015/16 SB showing.

If this isn't the tipping point, I need to take up a new sport. A decade is enough.

The dominos are falling into place albeit a slow methodical process. I'm on board with a "worst to first" in the NFC West. It could happen. All we need is a couple more "seemingly insignificant" dominoes to fall before the draft and hit a homerun with the draft. There's a Blue and Gold sunrise a coming!

RamzFanz

Damnit
(y)Fisher must have an apartment complex with high security measures in place to house his problem children. Something is working and he obviously has a couple more vacancies. If it works, I'm all for it!

I tell you what, it's amazing what a man can become when you separate them from the bad and they get to see their potential. It was the USMC for me at 17.

That's one reason I'm a huge TA fan, that kid has family influences and self control. He's not perfect by any means but he seems to know he's living the fantasy and it can end with a single bad decision. Bailey seems to be the same way.

Ray Ray? Not so much!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Once again agree with literally EVERYTHING you said. I too will join you in watching badminton or a sport of your choice if the rams don't finally do what we know they can do. If we execute well in this draft the sky is the limit. I expect the following next year:
1)Bradford stays healthy and finally silences his critics
2) Tavon austin shows the colts game was no fluke and becomes our offensive game changer
3)Robert Quinn picks up where he left off and wins Defensive Player of the year
4) New Ram Jadeveon Clowney picks up 10.5 sacks and wins Defensive rookie of the year
5) Zac Stacy goes for 1100+ and 10 tds
6) Stedman freakin Bailey becomes that guy people say why did my team pass on him
7) Ray Ray Armstrong. <--period

RamzFanz

Damnit
Once again agree with literally EVERYTHING you said. I too will join you in watching badminton or a sport of your choice if the rams don't finally do what we know they can do. If we execute well in this draft the sky is the limit. I expect the following next year:
1)Bradford stays healthy and finally silences his critics
2) Tavon austin shows the colts game was no fluke and become our offensive game changer
3)Robert Quinn picks up where he left off and wins Defensive Player of the year
4) New Ram Jadeveon Clowney picks up 10.5 sacks and wins Defensive rookie of the year
5) Zac Stacy goes for 1100+ and 10 tds
6) Stedman freakin Bailey becomes that guy people say why did my team pass on him
7) Ray Ray Armstrong. <--period

Yep. That's the sh1t right there. They can't do it alone, there is work to be done adding OL and D players, but yep.

I would add this:

8) Givens comes back to life. That kid has the tools and has proved himself but needs something (I don't know what) to become the star he is capable of. Was he just hurt as some say? Were there too few weapons to free him up? Was it technique? I don't know. What I know is if they figure it out, he could be an animal.

9) The ST makes the return game an automatic 3 points like you pointed out. TA and the FA have given the Rams a huge return game potential with Greg the Leg.

10) The new DC, Gregg Williams, could be a perfect storm with Quinn/Clowney and some real aggressive talent at WR coverage. Last season the soft overage led to what? Worst in the NFL for 3rd down conversion defense? Gregg Williams might be the KEY to the whole thing if Rams take Clowney and get serious about WR coverage, especially at the line.

Now all we have to do is get rid of Schotty who calls 3 running plays when the Rams pass is unstoppable and three passing plays when Rams run is unstoppable. If I HAD to bet my life on why the Rams don't go to the playoffs this season, I would bet it on O play calling. Schotty is terrible. Not just not good, terrible.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And remember, the Rams were 4th from last in the league in starting field position, something like the 26 yd line. Improve that and a whole lot else changes. Enter Greg Reid! Game on!

RFIP

I want the best OL available.

You can get a good wr in the second round. Its a deep wr class

You mean like Pettis, Quick or Givens???

Please, we've played the 'good wr later in the draft: game. This is the chance to get the best wr in a long, long time.

Do we not already have 3 OT's starting on the OL in Long, Saffold and Barksdale? Should we have 5?

Lewan at 13 is fine but passing on Watkins is a HUGE mistake.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
This is the chance to get the best wr in a long, long time.
Is three years that long? Because, let's make one thing clear, Watkins isn't in the same class as AJ Green coming out, no matter what the annual draft hype says.

As for the general positive vibes in this thread, I share them. Then again, I thought that we'd go 13-3 last year, so what do I know?

nighttrain

Legend
I haven't written off Quick or Pettis, but they have to earn it still. I included Cook who was hot and cold, but the dude has huge potential. If they field Tavon, a resurrected Givens, an emerged Bailey, then Cook could be a dynamo. Quick and Pettis both have flashes. We'll see. I love that they are in the stable because in years not so long past, they would be 1 and 2.
And to me, this makes drafting a WRer kinda silly. If it was and AJ Green, I'd change my tune, but it's not
train

Memphis Ram

Legend
You mean like Pettis, Quick or Givens???

Please, we've played the 'good wr later in the draft: game. This is the chance to get the best wr in a long, long time.

Do we not already have 3 OT's starting on the OL in Long, Saffold and Barksdale? Should we have 5?

Lewan at 13 is fine but passing on Watkins is a HUGE mistake.

Of the group only Quick was a 2nd rounder. It's not impossible that they could wind up with actual 2nd rounders like Torrey Smith (whom even Watkins compares himself too), Randall Cobb, Alshon Jeffrey, Jordy Nelson, DeSean Jackson, etc.

Memphis Ram

Legend
And to me, this makes drafting a WRer kinda silly. If it was and AJ Green, I'd change my tune, but it's not
train

Exactly. If we are talking A.J. Green or Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones you wouldn't hear a peep out of most of us. The Watkins bandwagon would be that much larger. But, he's not in their class.

nighttrain

Legend
Exactly. If we are talking A.J. Green or Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones you wouldn't hear a peep out of most of us. The Watkins bandwagon would be that much larger. But, he's not in their class.
Great minds thinking alike :)
train

duckhunter

Starter
Forget badmitton, curling is where the action is. It's international, chic and you can get blitzed while you play. The violent action is tremendous. It takes a lot of talent and intelligence to be a sweeper.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Admits he is not the best of route runners, this makes him a project
train

Every receiver entering the nfl needs to get better at route running. Every prospect needs to improve something.

The term "project" is used to describe a guy you don't expect to contribute immediately. Maybe a small school guy a la Brian Quick. Or a Converted position guy. I don't think that is Watkins

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Seriously, only positives can be seen by me. If he doesn't make the team, who cares?

Good risk/reward.