Snead: Rams have “better than 50%” chance of signing Britt/PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Every receiver entering the nfl needs to get better at route running. Every prospect needs to improve something.

The term "project" is used to describe a guy you don't expect to contribute immediately. Maybe a small school guy a la Brian Quick. Or a Converted position guy. I don't think that is Watkins
Every receiver entering the nfl needs to get better at route running. Every prospect needs to improve something.

The term "project" is used to describe a guy you don't expect to contribute immediately. Maybe a small school guy a la Brian Quick. Or a Converted position guy. I don't think that is Watkins

Quite frankly, I believe that every NFL rookie is a project. Some just happen to develop faster than others who may or may not develop at all.:D

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quite frankly, I believe that every NFL rookie is a project. Some just happen to develop faster than others who may or may not develop at all.:D

Yeah, thats exactly what I was getting at. The term "project" is used for guys you're taking a flier on, a guy you think you can coach up and bring out his ability, that isn't expected to contribute right away. If you call everyone that needs to improve something a project than they all are projects technically.

nighttrain

Legend

that you have to think is the issue, he's no sure thing to light up NFL in first season
train

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that you have to think is the issue, he's no sure thing to light up NFL in first season
train

You're holding Watkins to a different standard here. Obviously no one is a sure thing to light up the NFL in their first season. And they all need to improve on some aspects of their games.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Forget badmitton, curling is where the action is. It's international, chic and you can get blitzed while you play. The violent action is tremendous. It takes a lot of talent and intelligence to be a sweeper.

It depends on the version. I'm with you if it's Canadian curling because that's full contact curling.

F. Mulder

Starter
I'm not a big fan of the Britt thing but if he is brought in with a contract that allows us to cut him if he underwhelms in preseason AND/OR doesn't preclude them from considering a Watkins then I can live with that. IF he makes a top WR obsolete by the signing then I am dead against it. For me he would be Pettis' replacement if he is healthy and productive in camp/preaseason.

RFIP

Lol you say "let's make one thing clear.." Then proceed in discrediting paid draft gurus....OF WHICH YOU ARE NOT!

Is three years that long? Because, let's make one thing clear, Watkins isn't in the same class as AJ Green coming out, no matter what the annual draft hype says.

As for the general positive vibes in this thread, I share them. Then again, I thought that we'd go 13-3 last year, so what do I know?

RFIP

To me this is the Titus Young mistake all over again.

I guess it is true that those who don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them...

I'm not a big fan of the Britt thing but if he is brought in with a contract that allows us to cut him if he underwhelms in preseason AND/OR doesn't preclude them from considering a Watkins then I can live with that. IF he makes a top WR obsolete by the signing then I am dead against it. For me he would be Pettis' replacement if he is healthy and productive in camp/preaseason.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sign Britt and we can start a poll on when the 10th arrest occurs. :sneaky:

Surely, if we sign him, there will be an out in the contract that terminates deal when he hits double digit arrests?

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Lol you say "let's make one thing clear.." Then proceed in discrediting paid draft gurus....OF WHICH YOU ARE NOT!
Yeah: draft gurus are always right. You can tell that by the way they always agree with one another.

iced

..this is a terrible signing on several fronts if/WHEN it happens. 1) Eliminates Watkins 2) Cancerizes the young wr's 3) Will "allow" us to draft another bad wr "later in the draft"

And the offensive cycle continues with this coach. Rinse, wash, repeat...

You'd think he learned from Finnegan and Cook but no...LOL and he DOESN'T sign Verner!

It doesn't eliminate anything, especially if he's getting a one year deal.

They don't even know if he can make it through camp let alone supplant the current competition - and judging by the lack of suitors and production from britt, I doubt they're gonna hitch their wagons to him

iced

Yeah, thats exactly what I was getting at. The term "project" is used for guys you're taking a flier on, a guy you think you can coach up and bring out his ability, that isn't expected to contribute right away. If you call everyone that needs to improve something a project than they all are projects technically.

Brian Quick and Jason Smith have widely been considered "projects"

Memphis Ram

Legend
To me this is the Titus Young mistake all over again.

I guess it is true that those who don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them...

Wasn't Titus Young simply a waiver claim for the team to kick the tires and see what was going on with him?

Didn't work out. No harm. No foul.

RFIP

Wasn't Titus Young simply a waiver claim for the team to kick the tires and see what was going on with him?

Didn't work out. No harm. No foul.

The question was (and will be "IS") why bring that type of player in to your locker room and specifically in to your wr room with so many pups????

RamsFan14

Starter
I like this move. Doesn't hurt to bring in a body to camp, he can be our vet WR (a vet who's 25 is pretty good) who has some upside. Sometimes a change of scenery is good for players, could very well be the case with him. I wouldn't expect too much out of him though honestly, that's getting carried away. But maybe he's a better option then Austin Pettis? Good move if we do sign him.