Snead: Rams have “better than 50%” chance of signing Britt/PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The question was (and will be "IS") why bring that type of player in to your locker room and specifically in to your wr room with so many pups????

Because the potential reward outweighs the potential risk, thats why they do it. I think you're overestimating what a guy like kenny britt would do to our locker room....The guy is knucklehead and makes stupid choices. Its not like everything he touches turns toxic immediately. and bringing him around our guys doesn't mean they will be like him. At the end of the day Grown men have to make their own decisions.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
The question was (and will be "IS") why bring that type of player in to your locker room and specifically in to your wr room with so many pups????

What type of player are you referring? Some players are headaches off the field, but great teammates on it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Seriously, only positives can be seen by me. If he doesn't make the team, who cares?

Good risk/reward.

The only possible negatives will lie in the contract he signs. We CANNOT allow him to eat up future cap space if he doesn't preform.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only possible negatives will lie in the contract he signs. We CANNOT allow him to eat up future cap space if he doesn't preform.

you think britt is gonna sign a long term deal? he has to prove himself again before he can ask for big money.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Realistically there are 2 ways this situation plays out

1)Britt comes in gets his act together and contributes
2) He doesn't and he's gone

Not sure whats with the notion he's going to hold our locker room hostage and convince Tavon its cool to get arrested...

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
you think britt is gonna sign a long term deal? he has to prove himself again before he can ask for big money.

I hope not. Looks like there's some competition for him out there though, and nothing lands an injury prone player faster than guaranteed money.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Realistically there are 2 ways this situation plays out

1)Britt comes in gets his act together and contributes
2) He doesn't and he's gone

Not sure whats with the notion he's going to hold our locker room hostage and convince Tavon its cool to get arrested...

Yep.

mountain-molehill.gif

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, I don't see the hype on this guy....

Its not hype as much as a long shot. its saying lets invest a small amount into the off chance that Kenny Britt can resurrect his once promising career. I like the move personally.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Its not hype as much as a long shot. its saying lets invest a small amount into the off chance that Kenny Britt can resurrect his once promising career. I like the move personally.

I like the move too.

But I don't like the ignoring of the risk.

RFIP

I'm seeing at least 7 "run ins". I could be wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1486374-should-the-titans-part-ways-with-kenny-britt

But point taken.

And interesting no responses to your point.

Oh its nine (9): http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/3/25/5547128/st-louis-rams-kenny-britt-headlines-arrests-hyperbole

I'll save you the trouble of reading the entire article since this is all you need read: "Kenny Britt has been arrested nine times since being drafted. You know what they say -- Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times is a pattern, nine times is a HOLY SHIT HOW DO YOU GET ARRESTED NINE TIMES AND NOT BE IN JAIL FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME."

RamsFan14

Starter
I'm seeing at least 7 "run ins". I could be wrong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1486374-should-the-titans-part-ways-with-kenny-britt

But point taken.

And interesting no responses to your point.

It really depends on the contract if we are trying to evaluate him being a Ram. We cannot afford to pay the guy a lot of money if he doesn't perform and/or gets in trouble with the law (again). One mess up or just blah training camp and we could release him without damage to our salary cap? I say that's a good deal by the Rams if we can make that happen. All depends on what he's asking for and what we can do contract wise. Him being arrest 7 times...... Yea I didn't know that and that's a good point... But if we can get a good contract out with him, it can't hurt too much to sign him, just cut him if something happens. Fisher hopefully can keep an eye on him like has for Janoris Jenkins and Chris Givens. He won't accept BS from Britt, sure his leash is short with his track record.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the move too.

But I don't like the ignoring of the risk.

Truthfully speaking, what do you think is the worst that could happen? I mean obviously anything is possible but how far do you think fisher would let this go if he's a cancer? I just don't see much risk whatsoever.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Truthfully speaking, what do you think is the worst that could happen? I mean obviously anything is possible but how far do you think fisher would let this go if he's a cancer? I just don't see much risk whatsoever.

I need to be careful crossing my personal situation into building an NFL club, but... I am very experienced in team building. It's simple. You build a culture. Anyone that doesn't fit the culture is sent packing.

If you show acceptance to this guys' rap sheet, what message does that send?

The worse that could happen? An undermining of culture and leadership.