Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• Total voters

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Again IMO, I think most of understand the magnitude of the job that Jeff Fisher and Les Snead undertook and for the most part things have been solid and the Rams are no longer looked upon being a joke of a franchise. Snead has also put together a scouting staff both pro and college that has been a huge upgrade over the past, but his budget was higher with ESK as owner as opposed to Georgia and the Chip transition team.

IMO Fisher has to make some major changes on the offensive side of the ball, he needs to bring in a bona fide offensive play caller, Frank Cignetti is a nice guy, but this is a results business and Cig has not gotten the results so these are changes at the very minimum I would make on offense.

Offensive Coordinator...Really like Ken Whisenhunt for this gig because his system coincides with Fisher's philosophy and Whiz has been very successful as a play caller with Pittsburgh and San Diego add in that he's now been fired twice as a Head Coach and his tenure will not be shortened for that reason.

Offensive Line....Paul Boudreau's second stint as OL coach has been checkered at best health issues notwithstanding. IMO, it's time to go in another direction and there should be some quality OL coaches available with coaching changes looming on the horizon.

Wide Receivers...I'm just tired of Ray Sherman because what has he really done over the past several years as a coach? The Ram receivers are always a work in progress and continue to come up short. It's just time to find somebody that can teach and develop because God knows, it's been a long time since Sherman has achieved that.

Add in that maybe Chris Weinke heads to college and I would keep Jeff Garcia and make him the QB coach because I just feel he offers more because of the passion and the fact that he's had some success in the NFL and again JMHO.

Very nice post, den. You make a ton of sense there.

Now, here's the big question.

Can Fisher bring himself to see and do what you're suggesting?

I'm afraid I have my doubts.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
After today's loss, no. He needs to go but he's still gonna be here so we might as well deal with it.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
After today's loss, no. He needs to go but he's still gonna be here so we might as well deal with it.
And Stan can continue to see an empty stadium wherever the hell it may end up. Most pathetic owner in the league who only cares about screwing the fans and the city of St. Louis.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team went 7-8-1 in fisher first year and has gotten progressively worse each year since (record wise)
Offensively the team is an embarrassment of ineptitude.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should probably merge this with the vent thread now, this isn't going to end well :hiding:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Yeah I'm done with Fisher, I hope Hue Jackson's available by the end of the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If Kroenke keeps him, I'll be rooting for another team in 2016. I'll come back to this team after Fisher leaves but I've had enough. I've put so much passion, time, and effort into rooting for this team and I can't put myself through another season of Fisher. And I'm not going to spend the season being apathetic.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Even if he does make a change at OC the hire will suck. I have zero faith in him fixing this offense and for that reason I gotta vote for him to go.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Fisher is heading into the last year of his contract.

At this point, I do not see how he has earned a new deal/extention.

The decision to keep and extend, or can his ass, needs to be made at the conclusion of this season as lame duck head coaches are a real rarity in the NFL.

I remember a GM saying the three things you need to win in the NFL are an elite QB, a top flight LT, and folks who can get after the opposing QB.

After four years we have 1/3 of that formula.

We need a coach and GM that know how to put together that formula. Vermiel almost lucked into it.

Barring a miraculous recovery by the offense, I do not see Fisher staying in 2016.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Fisher has to go! This team is vastling under achieving and its fault as the captain of the ship.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if he does make a change at OC the hire will suck. I have zero faith in him fixing this offense and for that reason I gotta vote for him to go.

Even if he brought in a brilliant OC, I feel like Fisher would handcuff him by picking another god awful QB.

TheBunk

Rookie
Calling that last timeout which stopped the clock FOR the Ravens is reason enough to be fired. So stupid.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Calling that last timeout which stopped the clock FOR the Ravens is reason enough to be fired. So stupid.

That was the right call. The rest of the game was incompetence.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Considering we went 7-8-1 with a depleted line up when he got here and we look to be headed in the same direction this season, I say no. I've said it before but I think Fisher is great at building teams, not so much coaching them.
Well, building half a team, I guess.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Fisher has done a great job of accumulating talent for the Rams, look at where we are now, hell even where we were last year, compared to four years ago.

That said, we have the talent but he can't get it to perform consistently and for that he needs to be given the boot before we waste (or worse, lose) the talent we currently have. He's a great "players coach" and I can see how players love him, but he has to do more to earn the respect of fans. You can't go .500 year after year after year.

Sorry Fisher but I'm pretty well ready to move on from you.

Big Willie

Starter
The 2000's are about offense. Teams that can score and score quickly are the ones that routinely have regular season success. Look at Indianapolis, NY Giants, and Atlanta. Those teams have had bad personnel and suspect defenses but have had success during the regular season several times. The teams that win in the playoffs can score and play above average defense. The Rams cannot score and haven't been able to do that since Fisher brought is 1980s philosophy to the team. Time for him to go.