Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• Total voters

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Please stick within the rules of the board, just want to check the board's pulse having had the best part of a week to put Sunday in perspective.

Also if this crosses some boundary please delete.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Really depends on how the rest of the season goes. If we can get 4 to 6 wins, end around 9-7, I'd keep him.

If, on the other hand, we have another 7 win season..I want him gone.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yup. Don't want to become the Cleveland Browns of the NFC by switching every 3-4 years.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 years is enough with all the draft picks they got . Pead , Quick , and GR have been underwhelming to say the least , plus they are still an undisciplined team .

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Only if the offense starts rolling. He's had 4 years to build a football team. He finished the D but has consistently struck out on O. No passing game translates to no playoffs.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup. Don't want to become the Cleveland Browns of the NFC by switching every 3-4 years.

Could we not become the Cardinals of the NFC? They went through as many coaches in the 20 years preceding Arinas as the Rams have had in their 20 years in St. Louis.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yes, unless he loses the team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
A better question is what do we think it will take Kroenke to fire him. Another 6 or 7 win season and I don't think he'll be gone.

A55VA6

Legend
His contract is up after next season, right? I say let him finish his contract and if the team doesn't take that next step in 2016, consider making a change and let him walk.

FRO

Legend
In year 4 you got to at least have a winning season. 9-7 or good bye. I'm a Fisher guy, but it's a results oriented business. We need results.

…..

Legend
I'm NOT a Fisher guy and the reality of the situation is that we need the continuity.

We'll find some offense despite him.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
What makes anyone think that it will get better with him as coach? Or "dominant" defense isn't, and our offense doesn't exist.
We do have a great punter though! (gets a lot of practice!)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. We can't keep him. I would like to keep Snead and Demoff, but I can't keep Fisher, Williams, or any coach aside from maybe a few position coaches. The reputation against us is so stained that it'll never come out as long as he's coaching. And I'm honestly tired of hearing him speak, I'm tired of seeing him call out players like G-Rob but never Cook or Foles, I'm tired of seeing him lose this team.

No, I don't want to keep him. Four years is long enough.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
10 wins or the playoffs. That's what he has to deliver for me to be willing to keep him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. We can't keep him. I would like to keep Snead and Demoff, but I can't keep Fisher, Williams, or any coach aside from maybe a few position coaches. The reputation against us is so stained that it'll never come out as long as he's coaching. And I'm honestly tired of hearing him speak, I'm tired of seeing him call out players like G-Rob but never Cook or Foles, I'm tired of seeing him lose this team.

No, I don't want to keep him. Four years is long enough.

As a coach, you have to learn to manage personalities. You can't treat every player the same. Calling out Robinson might make Robinson play better because of the personality he has while calling out Cook could achieve the opposite purpose because of the personality Cook has. Good coaches know how to adjust to each player they're coaching. For the kids that need it, they are the swift kick in the rear. For the other kids that need it, they are the pat on the back. You don't want to give a guy with confidence issues a kick in the rear and you don't want to give a guy that plays with anger a pat on the back.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The "I'm probably missing the point" question, for those calling for stability, why? Is there any benefit to a 5th season of <=.500 football? Do you think he's just been unlucky so far, and that next season is really going to be the year? Something else entirely?

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I hated the hire at the time it happened, and I loath it more with each passing game. I don't think I could give an objective opinion on his future with the team. I don't think he would still have a job after 4 years in any other organization though. At some point, your boss, as well as the fans are going to expect results. With all of the premium draft picks he has had to work with, a sub .500 record should have us all charging the stadium with pitchforks and torches!

fancents86

Starter
Considering we went 7-8-1 with a depleted line up when he got here and we look to be headed in the same direction this season, I say no. I've said it before but I think Fisher is great at building teams, not so much coaching them.

WvuIN02

Starter
Playoffs or bust.

Team is too talented, and JF needs to show in this stretch he knows how to finally improve one of his teams on offense. He is the guy who promoted this OC from within, wanted Foles etc, it hasnt worked so far.

Offense is 31st...only the godawful 49ers who nuked their roster from orbit is worse. That is absolutely not getting it done in any way, shape, or form. No more excuses.