Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Fisher Be The HC In 2016?

• Total voters

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The "I'm probably missing the point" question, for those calling for stability, why? Is there any benefit to a 5th season of <=.500 football? Do you think he's just been unlucky so far, and that next season is really going to be the year? Something else entirely?
Ok. So you post a poll question and then you follow up by questioning those who don't give you the answer you want?

Interesting

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How does anyone hold the HC responsible for player injuries and what they do to the W/L record? They have not had REAL QB play a full season since the first year he was hired. This year and last the Oline have been a shambles. The POS he inherited just became NFL ready this year and even that is being overly optimistic. I'm as tired of losing seasons as anyone but bringing in a new coaching staff is just going to prolong the playoffs for a couple more years. And even then IF they made it, it would be because of the work Fisher and Snead have done to clean this freaking mess up.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No. We can't keep him. I would like to keep Snead and Demoff, but I can't keep Fisher, Williams, or any coach aside from maybe a few position coaches. The reputation against us is so stained that it'll never come out as long as he's coaching. And I'm honestly tired of hearing him speak, I'm tired of seeing him call out players like G-Rob but never Cook or Foles, I'm tired of seeing him lose this team.

No, I don't want to keep him. Four years is long enough.
Show me where anyone on this team has made the slightest indication that Fisher is losing the team

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yup. Don't want to become the Cleveland Browns of the NFC by switching every 3-4 years.

They are terrible about that!!!

Since the Browns "returned" in 1999 they have had 7 head coaches not counting one interim guy.

That is no way to build a franchise.

And Chudzinski got fired after one year which IMO was a HUUUUUUGE mistake on their part.

That team is a mess and has been owned by ass-hats dating back to the 60's when that idiot Art Modell bought them.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm on the fence about Fisher. I honestly don't believe we'll ever be a perennial playoff team under him. If he stays with the Rams as long as he did the Titans I expect a few double digit win seasons and a few playoffs. But I don't see it happening continuously. We won't have many double digit loss seasons either. Just a lot of 6 to 8 win seasons with a few 10 win seasons and 10 loss seasons sprinkled in. He is what he is. Close to a .500 coach. I guess its better than a bunch of 2 or 3 win seasons.

F. Mulder

Starter
My .02 on this is that I was a big fan on the Fisher hiring. He knew the league, he had success, his teams played hard, he was a coach I never liked the Rams to play against, he could put together a good coaching staff, he could make the team respectable and competetive more than what we had before, and for those who said he was a .500 coach, a lot of us (including me) would have been happy with that. With that said, I think the Fisher ship has sailed for me. He is who he is and accomplished what a lot of us wanted. We need an offense that isn't based on the Flinstones or the 1950s though. Also, his limitations are also who he is, and for the Rams to move to the next level they need a fresh approach. However, I doubt Mr Stan lets Fisher go.

FWIW, I am a fan of Snead and Demoff but in the Snead instance either he, or him and Fisher, or a new HC need to stop drafting potential at this point in the rebuild. I totally get the "he can turn into someone special with some time and coaching" but this team is literally 2-3 good/great players from being dangerous. Let some other team take a flier on potential and let's get guys who are proven and plug and play players even at the loss of a potential great player who develops but is selected after our pick.

One last thing: on Foles- they somewhat hitched their wagon on him and were bound a determined to give him an extension without one game as a Ram. I personally would have waited to about not and visited the situation. IF he were playing as they hoped, (or better) you pay up and be happy to do it. IF he was sucking you let the year play out and evaluate your QB options; but you certainly don't pay top price should you decide to keep him. Foles is a slow processor of plays; he is at best a 2 read option QB. He has mobility but seems to get nervous with a clean pocket and when on the move isn't that great. Also he makes Kyle Boller look fundemenatlly accuracte and sound in mechanics! I like Foles and think he can become a mid-range QB but not at the money and not at what I've seen. To me it's wasted money on other QBs who are more affordable or have more upside than what I've seen from him. I loved him vs Seattle and liked him vs Az but the rest have been underwhelming or disappointing performances. Draft a TE/WR and get someone who can get them the effing ball and let''s take it from there. My dream is a new HC, new QB, new WR/TE but I doubt I get any of those. Oh well, such is life as a Rams fan.

iced

They are terrible about that!!!

Since the Browns "returned" in 1999 they have had 7 head coaches not counting one interim guy.

That is no way to build a franchise.

And Chudzinski got fired after one year which IMO was a HUUUUUUGE mistake on their part.

That team is a mess and has been owned by ass-hats dating back to the 60's when that idiot Art Modell bought them.

I honestly hope the Rams consider him as a HC for next season - if not HC, at the minimum OC

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I expected this kind of year when we decided to go with an all new o-line. I suspect it's Fisher's get out of Jail free card with SK as well. I'll give him next year when it'll either be playoffs, or fugoffs. :eek:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If we had a QB that could hit the broadside of a barn we'd be sitting somewhere around 6-3 right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A better question is what do we think it will take Kroenke to fire him. Another 6 or 7 win season and I don't think he'll be gone.

I think he's safe too.

Here's the deal; when Walton struggled... Fisher took over and called the D. He knew what to do.

With the offense struggles, Fisher doesn't take control. He's out of water on that side of the ball.

Fisher needs an offensive mind on his staff.

He's a solid leader of men, but he's failing at finding what it takes to win on offense.

That's not an opinion.

That's backed by results.

Last edited:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Yeah. Underperforming QB's have gotten many coaches the axe. I don't want Fiher's head to roll because Foles can't seem to get his head on straight.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
His contract is up after next season, right? I say let him finish his contract and if the team doesn't take that next step in 2016, consider making a change and let him walk.

How does anyone hold the HC responsible for player injuries and what they do to the W/L record? They have not had REAL QB play a full season since the first year he was hired. This year and last the Oline have been a shambles. The POS he inherited just became NFL ready this year and even that is being overly optimistic. I'm as tired of losing seasons as anyone but bringing in a new coaching staff is just going to prolong the playoffs for a couple more years. And even then IF they made it, it would be because of the work Fisher and Snead have done to clean this freaking mess up.

Ahhh sanity. Thank you

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
If that guy who was under center vs SEA and ARZ would stick around, we would be talking Playoffs. We would be regarded like the Vikings, probably better.

NFL season is so short.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
10 wins or the playoffs. That's what he has to deliver for me to be willing to keep him.
you just gave me crap cus i gave Fisher crap cus I said he shouldn't have waited til year 4 to address the Oline and draft a ton of rookies that will take years to develop and no more vet FA's but off with his head if we don't get 10 wins... ok

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you just gave me crap cus i gave Fisher crap cus I said he shouldn't have waited til year 4 to address the Oline and draft a ton of rookies that will take years to develop and no more vet FA's but off with his head if we don't get 10 wins... ok

Then go have that discussion in that thread instead of complaining here. I gave you "crap" (i.e. disagreed with you) because you didn't like the Rams bringing in a bunch of rookie OLs this off-season.

Yes, off with his head. Coming into the season, that was the bar I set for him.

fancents86

Starter
Am I the only one who thinks the oline has actually performed above expectations? Besides the Packers game, they've held up pretty well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
10 wins or the playoffs. That's what he has to deliver for me to be willing to keep him.

Actually I need at the very minimum with the caveat that he make changes on the offensive side of the ball by going in another direction with a new offensive coordinator, offensive line coach and wide receiver coach.

Only one year for Frank Cignetti, but Tim Walton got a year too. Hire Ken Whisenhunt as the offensive coordinator and lean on Whiz for a WR and OL coach unless for some reason the Steelers let Mike Munchak go. If Fisher refuses then, which he won't, then make a change.