Rob Havenstein news (cut and paste)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
We appreciate all input and opinions from everyone including yourself woofwoofmo :cheers: but without naming names etc, where are you getting this inside info? Friend of a friend of a trainer?
It's natural for folks to be skeptical whenever one claims to have inside sources. That's just the nature of the internet, unfortunately.

I understand the skepticism, all part of the fun, being cryptic at times while passing along info. I'd feel the same way if I was on the other end reading. I've said on the board before it's my good fortune and honor to know several of the Rams. This is the only board I post on as attacks and verbal abuse amongst the posters and towards the players is kept to a minimum (best moderators on any board) and for the most part everyone is pretty well versed and can separate fact from fiction. I'll admit, I do get a bit riled at times when inaccurate negative opinions are presented as fact. I also tend to jump to a players defense when they are referred to in somewhat derogatory terms. I try to start my opinion posts, with an IMO. My opinions may have a bit of extra insight to them, but they are still my formulated opinions from what I know and observe.

Obviously not going to name any names of players I know, just trying to bring a little knowledge that may not be so readily available elsewhere.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
k

Obviously you have much better sources than I do. I'll just keep my info to myself as you think I'm so wrong. Just trying to give others a little inside info, but if you don't appreciate it, then fine, I've got better things to do.

It's all appreciated. Camp is just getting started.
---Your probably right about Donnal.I was going by the depth chart & didn't have info of any injury.
Donnal was soft last year & just needs to bulk up. He has real good fundamentals.
--I wonder why you question Isahi Battle ? He is listed as 2nd string LT which tells me he is going to make the squad. He was playing catch up last season as well.

Who is Eric Kush ?? Why is he such a good choice for 2nd string Center ? Dude looked yoked , heard it might cause him to be stiff in the shot gun.
(What's Donnals injury ? )

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
No injury now to Donnal. He received an MCL strain in the Ravens game last year that affected him to the end of the season. He's good to go. Sorry if it came across as currently injured.

And you are very correct, camp is just getting started. Time for players to prove their worth. What is thought to be true now can certainly change by the end of camp.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have to disagree with you Bonifay. I remember Roger losing the battle of RT to Barksdale. After he failed the Raiders physical the Rams signed him to a big contract and said they planned to play him at guard because they felt he had all pro potential at guard. The only reason in my opinion that Roger is at RT is because they want to give the young guys valuable reps. They definitely need them.

The trio of OG's we have now ....Reynolds/Brown/Wichmann did get plenty of action last season. All were starters for long periods of time. I see no reason to move Saffold in order for those three to get reps. Now in Cody's situation where he got most all his time @ ORG there could be some merit into getting him time @ the OLG. I would prefer that Cody to remain @ ORG myself. Its his natural best OL position that fits his skill set. Saffold has never came close to playing at an all pro performance other than the 4 games late 2013 @ ORG. His best overall performance season came in 2010 when he started @ OT.

There was absolutely no battle at any time between Rodger Saffold & Joe Barksdale in 2013 for the starting ORT post. Rodger Saffold would never loose a battle with Joe Barksdale for a starting ORT post. Saffold is by far the better OT period.

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
The trio of OG's we have now ....Reynolds/Brown/Wichmann did get plenty of action last season. All were starters for long periods of time. I see no reason to move Saffold in order for those three to get reps. Now in Cody's situation where he got most all his time @ ORG there could be some merit into getting him time @ the OLG. I would prefer that Cody to remain @ ORG myself. Its his natural best OL position that fits his skill set. Saffold has never came close to playing at an all pro performance other than the 4 games late 2013 @ ORG. His best overall performance season came in 2010 when he started @ OT.

There was absolutely no battle at any time between Rodger Saffold & Joe Barksdale in 2013 for the starting ORT post. Rodger Saffold would never loose a battle with Joe Barksdale for a starting ORT post. Saffold is by far the better OT period.
Like I said we disagree

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Seems not everyone is clear as to why Havenstien is on the TC PUP list. Big Rob broke a toe while working out in the off season, its a new injury not related to anything from last season. I head this from Myles Simmons on a camp report he was on 710am at around noon today. It was so brief I almost missed it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Seems not everyone is clear as to why Havenstien is on the TC PUP list. Big Rob broke a toe while working out in the off season, its a new injury not related to anything from last season. I head this from Myles Simmons on a camp report he was on 710am at around noon today. It was so brief I almost missed it.
Hope he can recover 100%. A broken toe on such a big guy must be painful

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Hope he can recover 100%. A broken toe on such a big guy must be painful

No doubt the big fella needs to take his time getting what ever area was injured healed up 100%

f3361a3068b96719b0514b72a4491f04.jpg
foot-bones-phalanges-metatarsal-large.jpg

By Mayo Clinic Staff: A broken toe is a common injury that most often occurs when you drop something on your foot or stub your toe.

In most cases, a broken toe can be immobilized by taping it to a neighboring toe. But if the fracture is severe — particularly if it involves your big toe — you may need a cast or even surgery to ensure that your broken toe heals properly.

Most broken toes heal well, usually within four to six weeks. Less commonly, depending on the precise location and severity of the injury, a broken toe may become infected or be more vulnerable to osteoarthritis in the future.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/broken-toe/basics/definition/con-20034500

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sure looks to me that the Ram team assets (2015 2nd round {Havenstein}, 2015 4th round {Donnal}, 2016 5th round{Battle} & UDFA {Williams}), directed towards the OT position over the past 1 1/2 yrs has proven to be very wise. Fact is 3 out of the 4 mentioned OT's had injuries in last season. ;) The Offensive Line injuries still continue to happen even in the off season. Our other starting OT Greg Robinson had a big toe issue late in his rookie season.

If starting OLT Robinson is not retained after his four yr contract is up after the 2017 season The Rams have a look to be in good shape to move on with this mentioned OT cadre (including Rodger Saffold) without Robinson big cost new contract. The after thought Isaiah Battle investment might be paying huge dividends!

Last edited:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
By Myles Simmons:
www.therams.com

I don't know if this has been posted here but thought it would be good in this thread also.

Earlier this week, Los Angeles placed Rob Havenstein on the preseason physically unable to perform list with a foot injury. He’s able to come off it at any time before the regular season kicks in, but Fisher said it may be a little while before that happens.

“Rob’s had a little foot issue during the offseason, and he’s still not quite ready,” Fisher said. “So, [with] PUP — this situation can be week-to-week [or] day-to-day. Really don’t have much more information on it. But it’s going to be some time — maybe a few weeks before Rob gets back. He’s working very, very hard.

How much is "a few" weeks?

couple = 2 weeks
few = 3 weeks
several = 4 or more weeks

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think Battle should be starting RT

Over Hav, 21? Seriously?

I recommend we see how the players perform in the preseason games before we start shuffling OL assignments.

I wish Battle all the best. I really do. But Hav set the bar pretty high with his rookie season, IMO.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
How much is "a few" weeks?

couple = 2 weeks
few = 3 weeks
several = 4 or more weeks

Don't look for him anytime during camp and the pre-season. Hope is, he responds to treatment and doesn't have to go on the PUP to start the season, meaning he misses the first six games.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Don't look for him anytime during camp and the pre-season. Hope is, he responds to treatment and doesn't have to go on the PUP to start the season, meaning he misses the first six games.
:sadwalk::banghead:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

I guess thats why that have Saffold playing RT if they thought Hav was gonna be back pretty quick they would probably have Saffold playing one of the guard spots and someone else practicing RT untill Hav was healthy. Its a bad sign

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Andrew Donnal & Jordan Swindle waiting for the opportunity to showcase their skills @ RT. In fact Andrew Donnal (whom most fans including me have trashed) could end up being a more important OL'er in this TC than even Isaiah Battle. Andrew sure has the looks of a pure RT to my eyes. If he has added power to his game then I would not be surprised if he ended up being the starter.
What's up boni, where you been?
Donnal better LOOK bigger & play better...Rhaney better know what the hell he's doing....I'm almost ready to dump those guys, but I remembered they can still go to the practice squad....

Saffold is (IMO) the most talented OL on this squad. Quite honestly a beast. Could be a perennial all pro if healthy. Oh, and he can play any position on that OL. Maybe even center. That's just what I think. But I am hammered and it's my birfday so.....
For your viewing entertainment....
Muth-121814-3.gif
Muth-121814-1.gif
Muth-121814-4.gif

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2014/word-muth-rams-wrap

Saffold, when healthy, is a beast....that top gif is Calais Campbell getting tossed down like a kid...

And @Rams43 I think he's talking about if Havenstein is injured and can't play.....Me...I like Battle...I'd rather keep Saffold inside...but lets see...who stands out....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yep, and if Saffold's shoulders are FINALLY healthy, then look out. That punch may be even stronger! Dude has arms like tree trunks!!

lockdnram21

Legend
Over Hav, 21? Seriously?

I recommend we see how the players perform in the preseason games before we start shuffling OL assignments.

I wish Battle all the best. I really do. But Hav set the bar pretty high with his rookie season, IMO.
I like Hav but Battle is more athletic. I'm not saying just give it to him but if Battle plays well and Hav injuries lines on Battle should be starter even when he comes back

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Saffold's versatility is huge for injuries like this.

Let him play a bit of RT and see how Wich and Donnal have progressed. Let him play a bit of guard and see how Battle and Williams look and get the best guys on the field.

And lets hope that Big Rob gets healthy quickly - we want competition deciding who sees the field, not necessity.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What's up boni, where you been?
Donnal better LOOK bigger & play better...Rhaney better know what the hell he's doing....I'm almost ready to dump those guys, but I remembered they can still go to the practice squad....

.......Saffold, when healthy, is a beast....that top gif is Calais Campbell getting tossed down like a kid...

Hey Champ...Just got back to NWFL late Saturday after a western tour month long RV camping vacation. Did not get to your area this time ...made my turn around @ the North Rim of the Grand Canyon AZ. I still can't get cooled down yet:rant:. I still am finding rocks in my snickers. I just about forgot just how hot the southwest is in summer. Mojo Ram cracks me up with his Dry Heat remarks:LOL: I sure went through several cases of bottled spring water. I came back home & it's done nothing but rain and flood. Yard is like a jungle.

Yes agree Donnal must of added power to his talents or he is out of here. Rhaney :giveup:....will not make it. You know :sneaky:I must be happy with Saffold moving out to OT:)! Trust me Saffold will be real good there this season if he remains healthy. Gurley is sure to have some big outside right side runs with Saffold out there.