Rob Havenstein news (cut and paste)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can't go into too much detail. Let's just say they are hoping he responds to treatment and doesn't require further measures.
--So health v's injury ??
What is your take on Roger Saffold playing RT ?? Are The Rams just trying to get there best 5 on the field ??
Is Roger Saffold going to play guard or tackle this season ??
What guard spot is Saffold better at ?? Right or Left.
Who is a better guard right now Jamon Brown or Cody Wichmann ?? Does it matter which guard spot of who will start ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quieter on TJ, as well as Mason. More awaiting the long arm of Lord Goddell and the NFL to see to what extent, if any, they miss games. Here's hoping it's minimal to none for TJ.

Is TJ & Tre excused from practice ??
Why is TJ listed as 3rd string right now on depth chart ??

Malcolm Brown is 3rd string RB .Tre Mason missed reporting to camp. What are his chances of making the squad if he doesn't get suspended.Which I'm sure he will be.

…..

Legend
- The one thing about Donnal that may be beneficial is that he's young and can develop size and strength. His technique can improve overnight.....or not. We'll see. Last years performance needs to be a distant memory and the fact that he played at all is proof of how desperate our situation was at the time.

- We can give it a rest on debating the Center position. Barnes is now one of the veterans. I'm sure he's in shape and continuing to add NFL strength or Rock is over rated.

- Unlike Wichmann, Donnal, and Battle, I never gave Rhaney much credit for having the body type that can develop in strength and stamina. I'm going out on a limb and going to predict he does not make the final roster and its going to be because Reynolds and Saffold have so much flexibility.

but....to support that;

- The development of Isaiah Battle is a key element to this line in my opinion, he is likely going to be the most physically imposing player on this line when all is said and done. He needs to add mass quickly and I hope he reports at 300+ rather than the 290 he's listed at. If GRob doesn't improve, Battle can take advantage.

These young offensive linemen need to be in the weight room. Beef up Beef up Beef up. The rest will fall into place. By mid season we should be referring to the line as a team strength.

-

…..

Legend
Maybe this kid has something.....OT Jordon Swindle. 6'7", 305 Rookie free agent. Looks youngish, but is very intelligent and was Team Captain for Kentucky starting his junior year.

markstoops.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
--So health v's injury ??
I wonder this as well. He seemed somewhat depressed in that LA interview. The way @woofwoofmo has worded it is kind of cryptic (probably for good reason, not trying to call you out or anything) as well. I hope it is something treatable and he can be on the field week 1. More importantly, I hope it is nothing serious health wise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wonder this as well. He seemed somewhat depressed in that LA interview. The way @woofwoofmo has worded it is kind of cryptic (probably for good reason, not trying to call you out or anything) as well. I hope it is something treatable and he can be on the field week 1. More importantly, I hope it is nothing serious health wise.
-- Totally agree . I'm totally surprised The Ram have Roger Saffold starting at RT ahead of Big Rob. I really like his long arms & size.Even when he gets beat he still uses his length. He also opened up holes & got to the next level.He was a serious brute spot for The Rams last season.

On the roster Saffold is listed as G(guard) .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
- The development of Isaiah Battle is a key element to this line in my opinion, he is likely going to be the most physically imposing player on this line when all is said and done.
Seeing Battle last year at TC, he's easily the biggest lineman on the team...big lower half...bubble butt as Mayock would say...Not sure how he moves, but from the Clemson tapes I've seen he looks athletic too...Some have speculated that prior to last year, Rob Havenstein's best position could be guard...just something to chew on...don't swallow yet....

Maybe this kid has something.....OT Jordon Swindle. 6'7", 305 Rookie free agent. Looks youngish, but is very intelligent and was Team Captain for Kentucky starting his junior year.

markstoops.jpg
tried to find some tape on Kentucky....and at best, this guys on the PS

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
FREAKING A !!!!!'

HAS anyone seen the new DEPTH CHART ??????

LT G Rob. --Battle -- Williams
LG Cody Wichmann -- Reynolds --Arkin
C Barnes. -- Kush
RG. Brown. -- Rhaney
RT Saffold. -- Hav. -- Battle

What's up Ram fans let's talk about this crap !!! What you'all saying now ??

Hope this is only a temporary setback. It still irks me to this day why our coaching staff insists on shuffling our O-line when it hinders continuity. This is going to get Goff/Keenum killed out there.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hope this is only a temporary setback. It still irks me to this day why our coaching staff insists on shuffling our O-line when it hinders continuity. This is going to get Goff/Keenum killed out there.
-- Don't agree . At what point is this a bad idea ?? Wichmann is going to be a standout guard along with Jamon Brown.
Roger Saffold is a top guy.
Isahi Battle is not were he needs to be right now.
--How does Reynilds fit into all this as well ? Where are all the Reynolds should be starting crowd ?? Wichmann looks like he just beat him out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Seeing Battle last year at TC, he's easily the biggest lineman on the team...big lower half...bubble butt as Mayock would say...Not sure how he moves, but from the Clemson tapes I've seen he looks athletic too...Some have speculated that prior to last year, Rob Havenstein's best position could be guard...just something to chew on...don't swallow yet....

Battle looks huge !! Wide shoulders,but only listed at 295lbs.
-- Dude from Kentucky is just that. 100% agree.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure have is best suited for guard.He reminds me of a John Runnyan type.His tall from & long arms are totally suited to play OT !!

…..

Legend
-- Don't agree . At what point is this a bad idea ?? Wichmann is going to be a standout guard along with Jamon Brown.
Roger Saffold is a top guy.
Isahi Battle is not were he needs to be right now.
--How does Reynilds fit into all this as well ? Where are all the Reynolds should be starting crowd ?? Wichmann looks like he just beat him out.

I think Reynolds has more value as a swing player.....No need to paint him down to a spot until absolutely necessary. He can fill in anywhere through out the games....but that's jmo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Once again I'll quote that is about the offensive lineman not the rotating of players.
The Rams have solidified there offensive line since Smith & Timmerman.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not sure Havenstein makes sense as a guard, and haven't heard that he would be a good fit there. 6'7 guards are not common for a reason. They are obstacles in the passing lanes for one. His length, especially those arms are better used on the outside. Right where he is. Don't fix what ain't broke.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Not sure Havenstein makes sense as a guard, and haven't heard that he would be a good fit there. 6'7 guards are not common for a reason. They are obstacles in the passing lanes for one. His length, especially those arms are better used on the outside. Right where he is. Don't fix what ain't broke.
I agree 100%. If Hav is healthy he starts at RT I have no doubt of that. He was our best and most consistent offensive lineman last season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Reynolds has more value as a swing player.....No need to paint him down to a spot until absolutely necessary. He can fill in anywhere through out the games....but that's jmo

I guess the same is true with Roger Saffold. He can play all across the line.He is in a level above Reynolds.
--That is the beauty of the depth of The Rams offensive line right now.
---Ram fans complaining about coaching staff & depth.. I call Freaking BS

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
6'7 guards are not common for a reason. They are obstacles in the passing lanes for one. His length, especially those arms are better used on the outside. Right where he is. Don't fix what ain't broke.
meh...it's not like 6'5 & 6'7 is that much different...Finding targets...maybe, but QB's all throw through the lanes...and he's not standing straight up....
I did read the scouts thought he was a better fit for guard due to his movement.....

And guys that show up injured in camp...without any word of offseason surgery...make me a lil nervous....I wonder was he able to workout any this offseason?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
meh...it's not like 6'5 & 6'7 is that much different...Finding targets...maybe, but QB's all throw through the lanes...and he's not standing straight up....
I did read the scouts thought he was a better fit for guard due to his movement.....

And guys that show up injured in camp...without any word of offseason surgery...make me a lil nervous....I wonder was he able to workout any this offseason?

Think your way off here . Saffold looks like & has been the swing guy. Jamon Brown is LG for years to come. Pencil him in.
Wichmann is strictly a guard as well.
Rob Havenstein hurt his foot mid/season. What that tells me is that he was playing hurt & is even that much better than his 2015 season. Havenstein did not give up a sack either.
It's cool The Rams have this kind of depth on the offensive line.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor

Football is a game of inches my friend, and I cannot picture RH at guard. At all. Ask any QB if that 2" makes a difference in their release point. Do you have a link to where it was ever discussed that he would be better at G?

Last edited: