Rob Havenstein news (cut and paste)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This also says to me that Rhaney is in trouble....because Reynolds can play BOTH guard spots...and so is Donnall.....He's really terrible Les, surprised you missed it...Rhaney is garbage too....not sure why they even like him...what, cause he can run?

Last late note...I told everyone Kush was da bomb...

Donnal is from Iowa right? Those guys are always coached very well and end up looking good in college against lesser competition. When they get to the pros though they are maxed out and can't improve technique so their physical traits have to carry them.........he looked slow and weak last year. Oh well, Snead has earned a mulligan or two.

Now Rhaney is all about athleticism. I just wonder if he can ever get big enough and keep those movement skills. He is very raw. They were hoping to coach his technique, strengthen him up and have him keep that ability to move and use him as a pulling guard, IIRC. Some projects don't pan out. If he can't push Barnes at Center then he is probably a goner because he wont push the Guard depth on the team.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
FREAKING A !!!!!'

HAS anyone seen the new DEPTH CHART ??????

LT G Rob. --Battle -- Williams
LG Cody Wichmann -- Reynolds --Arkin
C Barnes. -- Kush
RG. Brown. -- Rhaney
RT Saffold. -- Hav. -- Battle

What's up Ram fans let's talk about this crap !!! What you'all saying now ??
Not really concerned with depth charts before the players haven't really even practiced. But IF Fisher or Boo think it's a good idea to play musical chairs with the oline then both should be fired.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
Let's just hope Havenstein is ready for the start of the season. Unfortunately there are serious concerns about that happening.
You were the first to report/suggest that there was an injury issue. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
You were the first to report/suggest that there was an injury issue. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Can't go into too much detail. Let's just say they are hoping he responds to treatment and doesn't require further measures.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well don't know about Kush ??
Donnal looks like he will get cut.He was a weak link of all the draft picks & The Rams were smart to dip back in to get Wichmann. He is a baller. Donnal was to worried about how his hair looked outside of his helmet.He never manned up either.
Rhaney being listed as back up RG shows me he has a chance.
Donnal is not even listed on depth chart right now(surpring only on paper),& so doesn't look good for his future.
--Who is David Arkin ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not really concerned with depth charts before the players haven't really even practiced. But IF Fisher or Boo think it's a good idea to play musical chairs with the oline then both should be fired.

Think your totally wrong !!!

There is a reason they are lifer coaches.

1. Depth chart just got changed with the rookies it it.
2.When you don't have an idea about what the depth chart is after all the players that were hurt & had to play musical chairs all season with. Maybe they should have been fired then.(lol)

3. It is the start of the season & the just got done with OTA's. When are you suppose to plug players in ?? The offensive line is so you,how does the coaching staff even know what they had ? When a guy like Roger Saffold can play multiple position. Isn't smart to play your best players ??

4 You see a guy like Donnal who was drafted ahead of Wichmann & Donnal actually started at RG last season ahead of him. Now Wichmann is listed as the starting LG to start 2016. That to me is a big deal & a sign of how this new offensive line could look game 1 of 2016. There has been no real way of knowing what this was going to look like at all until this depth chart was released . That said nothing is in stone.
-- Williams was undrafted & got hurt playing RT for an injured Rob Hav .He is listed on depth chart at 3rd string LT.Donnal is in serious troble of making the squad.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Think your totally wrong !!!

There is a reason they are lifer coaches.

1. Depth chart just got changed with the rookies it it.
2.When you don't have an idea about what the depth chart is after all the players that were hurt & had to play musical chairs all season with. Maybe they should have been fired then.(lol)

3. It is the start of the season & the just got done with OTA's. When are you suppose to plug players in ?? The offensive line is so you,how does the coaching staff even know what they had ? When a guy like Roger Saffold can play multiple position. Isn't smart to play your best players ??

4 You see a guy like Donnal who was drafted ahead of Wichmann & Donnal actually started at RG last season ahead of him. Now Wichmann is listed as the starting LG to start 2016. That to me is a big deal & a sign of how this new offensive line could look game 1 of 2016. There has been no real way of knowing what this was going to look like at all until this depth chart was released . That said nothing is in stone.
-- Williams was undrafted & got hurt playing RT for an injured Rob Hav .He is listed on depth chart at 3rd string LT.Donnal is in serious troble of making the squad.
That's cool but what are lifer coaches? I don't get worked up about anything listed on the on the teams website because I've seen info on there that's been incorrect before. I will wait to see what happens in camp and preseason before wondering where a guy is going to play. I will say this that if the coaching staff believed that Roger best postion is Guard and they decide it's tackle then yes they should be fired. But if he goings to play RT because Hav is hurt and they want to play the other guy's at guard so they get more experience then it's ok. Since I don't know what's going on the depth chart really doesn't mean anything to me. I will wait to see them play first.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Got any inside info on TJ that you can share?

Quieter on TJ, as well as Mason. More awaiting the long arm of Lord Goddell and the NFL to see to what extent, if any, they miss games. Here's hoping it's minimal to none for TJ.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Players start camp all the time on the PUP list.

I think Gurley started last year on the PUP.

No concern here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's cool but what are lifer coaches? I don't get worked up about anything listed on the on the teams website because I've seen info on there that's been incorrect before. I will wait to see what happens in camp and preseason before wondering where a guy is going to play. I will say this that if the coaching staff believed that Roger best postion is Guard and they decide it's tackle then yes they should be fired. But if he goings to play RT because Hav is hurt and they want to play the other guy's at guard so they get more experience then it's ok. Since I don't know what's going on the depth chart really doesn't mean anything to me. I will wait to see them play first.

It's not about having your best 5 on the field ?? I don't know what is what , but I find it exciting & interesting that they have Roger Saffold at RT.He was signed to a huge contract & hasn't played all that well at guard.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It's not about having your best 5 on the field ?? I don't know what is what , but I find it exciting & interesting that they have Roger Saffold at RT.He was signed to a huge contract & hasn't played all that well at guard.
It's always should be about your best player's playing but that's Hav at RT not Roger. Yes the Rams signed Roger to a big contract to play guard not tackle. Joe did a better job there and Roger was very good at RG. I just wouldn't get to excited about that depth chart if Rhaney is our back up guard we are in serious trouble. Also remember that our coach likes to list veterans as starters out of respect at least until the younger plays beat them out. A good example of this was Donald.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Who
It's always should be about your best player's playing but that's Hav at RT not Roger. Yes the Rams signed Roger to a big contract to play guard not tackle. Joe did a better job there and Roger was very good at RG. I just wouldn't get to excited about that depth chart if Rhaney is our back up guard we are in serious trouble. Also remember that our coach likes to list veterans as starters out of respect at least until the younger plays beat them out. A good example of this was Donald.
Who was starting over Aaron Donald ??
Just don't recall.No one that stands out right now. The Rams let a veteran go to the Colts.Kendal Langford ?? He got released though right after drafting Aaron Donald ?? Then again the Rams OL this year are all coming back into there 2nd year. That is a huge difference. There is no comparison.-- Battle missed all of OTA's because of supplemental & had to realeae him on top of it.

-- In the Saffold playing RT.
Wichmann playing LG with Reynolds the back up.(2 players)
LT --G.Rob &Battle (2 players) Williams(upside)??
Barnes --Rhaney ??( because special teams,guard & center) (1 player)
Jamon Brown ( 1 player)
Roger Saffold & Rob Havenstein (2 players)

Right now I'd say those 10 are in the drivers seat. Williams & Rhaney on the bubble .
David Arkin ??? Who ?
Eric Kush (c)
Andrew Donnal ?? Why is he not even listed on depth chart ?? He was before new depth chart came out. He is one of the young guys that played early last season.Even starting before Wiichmann.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We don't need trouble along the O-Line!!

The good thing about Rob's injury is it gives other players a chance to earn a back up spot.Williams,Battle,

RT Saffold. -- Hav. -- Battle

We obviously Need big Havs
Everybody
R-E-L-A-X

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/07/29/los-angeles-rams-can-isaiah-battle-win-starting-spot/

Los Angeles Rams: Can Isaiah Battle Win A Starting Spot?

by Matt LaPan

In July of 2015, the then-St. Louis Rams selected Isaiah Battle out of Clemson with a fifth-round Supplemental Draft pick. In doing so, Battle became a member of the Rams and the team had to forfeit a fifth-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Battle essentially red shirted in 2015, not officially appearing in any games according to both the Rams official website and the NFL. He enters 2016 with a fresh start, but a leg up on fellow “first year” players due to his familiarity in the Rams’ offensive system.

Battle was a left tackle in college, showing tremendous length and athleticism while starting 15 games for the Tigers. His athletic ability and aggressive style make him a very nice fit for a team that is going to look to run frequently like the Rams will with Todd Gurley.

He ran into some problems with speed and power off the edge. Battle did not display a great anchor in college – often leaning into opponents and trying to use his massive frame. He has the length to play well, but often kept his arms bent and took away his own length.

There were also some concerns around NFL circles that Battle had some issues with character both on and off the field. Via Lance Zierlein of NFL.com, there was also some reports that Battle had a work ethic problem – an issue that likely led to him being in the fifth round of the Supplemental Draft.

Battle spent much of 2015 on the Rams practice squad before getting elevated after a myriad of injuries along the offensive line in 2015. Now Los Angeles is looking for a team with a new attitude and a winning style – the question is, does Battle fit into the Rams plans along the offensive line in 2016.

If the Rams’ offseason workouts were any indication, Battle is at least in the plans. According to Rams online reporter Myles Simmons, Battle received a good number of reps during OTA’s. Simmons also indicated that Battle appeared to be more polished in his approach after going through a full season and offseason with the Rams.

Nothing will be handed over to Battle, however. Battle could realistically play either tackle position in the NFL thanks to his size and athleticism. He is best fit to play left tackle, but former number three overall pick Greg Robinson resides there. On the right side, Battle would have to beat fellow 2015 rookie Rob Havenstein out for a starting role. That is unlikely, as Havenstein was impressive in 2015 and appears to have his role set with the Los Angeles Rams.

What Robinson can do is fill the much-needed swing-tackle role. This third tackle has become a pivotal player throughout the NFL to serve as depth in case of injury, and in short-yardage situations. This swing-tackle role is the most likely destination for Battle, but a solid camp could see him challenge Robinson for his spot – a spot that Robinson had an up and down year in during 2015.

Battle is, in essence, a rookie for the Rams in 2016. He still has a long way to go before he reaches his ideal potential. The fact that he is challenging during training camp is a big positive for the Rams, and the city of Los Angeles. He might not be ready for Hollywood yet, but he is not far off from becoming the next big tackle in LA.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Who

Who was starting over Aaron Donald ??
Just don't recall.No one that stands out right now. The Rams let a veteran go to the Colts.Kendal Langford ?? He got released though right after drafting Aaron Donald ?? Then again the Rams OL this year are all coming back into there 2nd year. That is a huge difference. There is no comparison.-- Battle missed all of OTA's because of supplemental & had to realeae him on top of it.

-- In the Saffold playing RT.
Wichmann playing LG with Reynolds the back up.(2 players)
LT --G.Rob &Battle (2 players) Williams(upside)??
Barnes --Rhaney ??( because special teams,guard & center) (1 player)
Jamon Brown ( 1 player)
Roger Saffold & Rob Havenstein (2 players)

Right now I'd say those 10 are in the drivers seat. Williams & Rhaney on the bubble .
David Arkin ??? Who ?
Eric Kush (c)
Andrew Donnal ?? Why is he not even listed on depth chart ?? He was before new depth chart came out. He is one of the young guys that played early last season.Even starting before Wiichmann.
Langford started over Donald in his rookie season. Langford was released the next year because Donald was going to start.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Everybody
R-E-L-A-X

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/07/29/los-angeles-rams-can-isaiah-battle-win-starting-spot/

by Matt LaPan

In July of 2015, the then-St. Louis Rams selected Isaiah Battle out of Clemson with a fifth-round Supplemental Draft pick. In doing so, Battle became a member of the Rams and the team had to forfeit a fifth-round pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Battle essentially red shirted in 2015, not officially appearing in any games according to both the Rams official website and the NFL. He enters 2016 with a fresh start, but a leg up on fellow “first year” players due to his familiarity in the Rams’ offensive system.

Battle was a left tackle in college, showing tremendous length and athleticism while starting 15 games for the Tigers. His athletic ability and aggressive style make him a very nice fit for a team that is going to look to run frequently like the Rams will with Todd Gurley.

He ran into some problems with speed and power off the edge. Battle did not display a great anchor in college – often leaning into opponents and trying to use his massive frame. He has the length to play well, but often kept his arms bent and took away his own length.

There were also some concerns around NFL circles that Battle had some issues with character both on and off the field. Via Lance Zierlein of NFL.com, there was also some reports that Battle had a work ethic problem – an issue that likely led to him being in the fifth round of the Supplemental Draft.

Battle spent much of 2015 on the Rams practice squad before getting elevated after a myriad of injuries along the offensive line in 2015. Now Los Angeles is looking for a team with a new attitude and a winning style – the question is, does Battle fit into the Rams plans along the offensive line in 2016.

If the Rams’ offseason workouts were any indication, Battle is at least in the plans. According to Rams online reporter Myles Simmons, Battle received a good number of reps during OTA’s. Simmons also indicated that Battle appeared to be more polished in his approach after going through a full season and offseason with the Rams.

Nothing will be handed over to Battle, however. Battle could realistically play either tackle position in the NFL thanks to his size and athleticism. He is best fit to play left tackle, but former number three overall pick Greg Robinson resides there. On the right side, Battle would have to beat fellow 2015 rookie Rob Havenstein out for a starting role. That is unlikely, as Havenstein was impressive in 2015 and appears to have his role set with the Los Angeles Rams.

What Robinson can do is fill the much-needed swing-tackle role. This third tackle has become a pivotal player throughout the NFL to serve as depth in case of injury, and in short-yardage situations. This swing-tackle role is the most likely destination for Battle, but a solid camp could see him challenge Robinson for his spot – a spot that Robinson had an up and down year in during 2015.

Battle is, in essence, a rookie for the Rams in 2016. He still has a long way to go before he reaches his ideal potential. The fact that he is challenging during training camp is a big positive for the Rams, and the city of Los Angeles. He might not be ready for Hollywood yet, but he is not far off from becoming the next big tackle in LA.
I really like Battle and I think he has the potential to be a outstanding swing tackle.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Everybody
R-E-L-A-X

by Matt LaPan

Last years interview..... I'm rooting for the kid and essentially he is a redshirt NFL rookie

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mguK7DJBpgg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iksIwk2PYhU

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I could have sworn that Simmonds also said that it was nothing serious, and that Havenstein could come back any day...??

Even then he has to earn his spot back.
Roger Saffold might be the best fit playing RT.
-- Injust like The Rams new depth chart. It is the best I've seen it. They moved some key guys out of there spots..