Rob Havenstein news (cut and paste)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
From another source:

Myles Simmons @MylesASimmons

From today’s transaction wire: Rams placed RT Rob Havenstein on the preseason physically unable to perform list.

2:47 AM - 29 Jul 2016
No specifics were released, but in the comments of that tweet, Myles says that Havenstein "didn't do much during OTAs either...was mainly on the bike" and that he "could be back in under a week." Those are both positives, but he seems to be careful not to give out too much information (which is his job mind you).

It's possible that Havenstein just suffered a minor injury during the offseason, but the lack of detail on the situation is unsettling. Big Rob had an outstanding rookie season and the Rams are counting on him to protect new Franchise QB Jared Goff.

Here's hoping it is something that won't have lasting consequences on the Rams 2016 season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's been a tough off season, as far as getting information on missing or injured players.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could have sworn that Simmonds also said that it was nothing serious, and that Havenstein could come back any day...??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's been a tough off season, as far as getting information on missing or injured players.

That is real true... OTA's are organized,& players should be there. Info should be given out. G Rob was saying they were banged up . He sort of sold Saffold out. Him being injury prone & coming off another injury is understandable.
Jamon Brown is coming off injury as well.
--Rob was playing on a bad ankle,during the season. Missed a couple games & The Rams really felt his injury.
--Barnes was the stellar last year in my book. Him getting the game ball against the Hawks was huge. Really proud of his improvement through the season & leadership.Well like by his team mates. He is making a lot of reads as well. I think RAM fans don't give him enough credit for his play.

Psycho_X

Legend
--Barnes was the stellar last year in my book. Him getting the game ball against the Hawks was huge. Really proud of his improvement through the season & leadership.Well like by his team mates. He is making a lot of reads as well. I think RAM fans don't give him enough credit for his play.

Barnes improved a lot through last season and was looking good by the end but he was not very good up until that. He's worked hard though and from what I've seen from otas and offseason stuff it looks like he dedicated himself to the weight room this offseason so I'm actually looking forward to seeing him man our center position for the first time ever this season. Our whole o-line has a ton of potential if they can all stay healthy. Hoping we get to see it realized finally.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This report is troubling to me! We don't need trouble along the O-Line!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Barnes improved a lot through last season and was looking good by the end but he was not very good up until that. He's worked hard though and from what I've seen from otas and offseason stuff it looks like he dedicated himself to the weight room this offseason so I'm actually looking forward to seeing him man our center position for the first time ever this season. Our whole o-line has a ton of potential if they can all stay healthy. Hoping we get to see it realized finally.
I know it is a Rob Hav post & his injury.Who is the back up center is a good question during preseason .
-- The good thing about Rob's injury is it gives other players a chance to earn a back up spot.Williams,Battle,& Donnal.Reynolds played RT last season at some point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FREAKING A !!!!!'

HAS anyone seen the new DEPTH CHART ??????

LT G Rob. --Battle -- Williams
LG Cody Wichmann -- Reynolds --Arkin
C Barnes. -- Kush
RG. Brown. -- Rhaney
RT Saffold. -- Hav. -- Battle

What's up Ram fans let's talk about this crap !!! What you'all saying now ??

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know it is a Rob Hav post & his injury.Who is the back up center is a good question during preseason .
Look for Rhaney to be used a lot at Center too this preseason! Donal could see a lot of work at RT too! JMHO

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Let's just hope Havenstein is ready for the start of the season. Unfortunately there are serious concerns about that happening.

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Camp hasn't started and we're talking OL injuries. Ugh. Can we ever just have one full healthy year please.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm sort of in shock, but love the idea of Roger Saffold expanding himself at RT. He played great in his there in the beginning of his career. We fans thought he could even be a excellent LT way back.

Wichmann freaking rocked it last year & Jamon Brown is a freaking stud !! I really like this kid & was my sleeper 2nd rd pick.Actually was pissed The Rams took Rob Hav in 2nd rd, because I liked him so much. Was extatic when they dipped back. Was even more excited when the went & got Wichmann after Donnal. The depth of last years draft was crazy & FREAKING so much needed. Spags(A-Hole)talk about building from inside out but never did.
( drafting of CJ Gaines -after Mo & Joyner-- & now WR's & TE) love this draft style of building depth & not paying for miss placing 2 value draft picks .

---We just had the supplemental draft & last year The Rams even dipped back in there to draft Isahi Battle(5th pick 2016) which in my opinion right now is worthy of a 2nd rd 2016 pick. Talk about The Rams trading up for Jared Goff & giving up draft picks !!!
What is people's value on Pharoh Copper !!! I'm saying he is a 2nd rd value once the season starts. Plus The Rams traded back to get Mike Thomas !!
SNISHER has turned this thing around !!!
-- My take is it is a tough schedule & The Rams might not make The playoffs, but this franchise is going to be GREAT once again !!!!
I ALMOST BANd from my opinion of The Rams moving,but I've seen this coming for awhile. It cost RAM fans a lot of pain & suffering (especially ST. Louis fans).
Long time Ram fans will see The 2nd largest NFL market rise again !!! Just think of the new stadium & A perfect place to play in the meantime.
Take That Freaking Raider Stank out of that place !!! Go Rams !!'

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Look for Rhaney to be used a lot at Center too this preseason! Donal could see a lot of work at RT too! JMHO

That is all good. The new depth chart is what it is.Players need to play mutilple postiins to make it in the NFL,or be a stellar performer .
Rhaney is a player I actually hate !! He freaking lost The last game of the season & cost me 15g.
First Fisher not playing Gurley let The Rams get Jared Goff !!
The fact Tre played & fumbled.He also miss read a run for a 2 yard gain, that Gurley took to the house in St. Louis.Huge hole to the right with it sealed down the sideline.

--Rhaney came in for Barnes because his shoe came off. Fisher should have called a TO. Then Rhaney missed an easy block only to get The legs FG blocked. Rhaney is real good on KR's though .

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one player that I see no future in the NFL, is Donnal. He seems soft and a total liability when playing. If I was told to cut someone, it would be him

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
The one player that I see no future in the NFL, is Donnal. He seems soft and a total liability when playing. If I was told to cut someone, it would be him

Agreed, he was terrible last year. I don't think he has the strength or athleticism to play in the NFL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The report says he could be back in a week guys, don't freak out.

@LoyalRam @NateDawg122 I've read a couple of other people that feel the same way about Donnal and even said he can't block for shit, I don't recall him being a big liability but enough people have said he is that I think I missed something. There are enough guys on hand now that the OL should have decent depth.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The report says he could be back in a week guys, don't freak out.

@LoyalRam @NateDawg122 I've read a couple of other people that feel the same way about Donnal and even said he can't block for crap, I don't recall him being a big liability but enough people have said he is that I think I missed something. There are enough guys on hand now that the OL should have decent depth.
I key on the new guys when they are in, to see what they can do. he didn't seem to stop anyone and was basically a speedbump for Dlinemen....He wasn't in for any great length of time last year, but seemed totally outclassed when he was...Barrett Jones like! :puke:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LT G Rob. --Battle -- Williams
LG Cody Wichmann -- Reynolds --Arkin
C Barnes. -- Kush
RG. Brown. -- Rhaney
RT Saffold. -- Hav. -- Battle
Whoa nelly! Where'd you get this?

Havenstein's body is betraying him....I knew he was injures last year..but damn...No worries...I loved Wichman...and I like Brown...
Only surprise is they moved Roger....and would rather move him and play Wichman than start Battle...Battle is a beast of a man....he's easily the biggest OL we have.

This also says to me that Rhaney is in trouble....because Reynolds can play BOTH guard spots...and so is Donnall.....He's really terrible Les, surprised you missed it...Rhaney is garbage too....not sure why they even like him...what, cause he can run?

Last late note...I told everyone Kush was da bomb...

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Whoa nelly! Where'd you get this?

Havenstein's body is betraying him....I knew he was injures last year..but damn...No worries...I loved Wichman...and I like Brown...
Only surprise is they moved Roger....and would rather move him and play Wichman than start Battle...Battle is a beast of a man....he's easily the biggest OL we have.

This also says to me that Rhaney is in trouble....because Reynolds can play BOTH guard spots...and so is Donnall.....He's really terrible Les, surprised you missed it...Rhaney is garbage too....not sure why they even like him...what, cause he can run?

Last late note...I told everyone Kush was da bomb...

."Rhaney is garbage too....not sure why they even like him...what, cause he can run?" Yep, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯