Rams waive Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not a surprise. Pead is actually a talented runner and player. He was looking much improved as a runner this year. Problem is that he can't hold onto the ball. And patience will run out with players that cough the ball up. He might do well elsewhere as talent has never been an issue but it's impossible for us to trust him.

Cunningham is a good KR. I don't think they want to risk Tavon's health on KRs.
I would. He gets like 6 targets a game on offense. Turn him loose everywhere else if we're gonna squander him like that.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Conventional wisdom says you don't use a guy like Tavon on kick-offs, unless he's not going to have a role on offense...But I think it's a decent idea because of his style...He doesn't grab and dash in a straight line, setting up a big collision...He doesn't run that way on punt returns he could return kicks and use the same style to a lesser degree...He doesn't usually seem to take many big shots...I'm just looking for almost anything to generate some more points..I guess as few kicks as are returned these days, it really doesn't make any difference....
A good point. TA doesn't take many direct shots. He's shifty like that.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Sorry to see him go, but I figured he'd be gone when Watts came back anyway!
Question: Will we get compensation for him IF he is picked-up by another Team!?!
If by compensation you mean compensatory draft picks, then no. They are only given out when a player signs for another team as a FA.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
A good point. TA doesn't take many direct shots. He's shifty like that.

Kick offs are a different monster. You have to time it at the right time to hit your wedge. But with Tavon's quickness, If he hits that wedge correctly, it's almost a guaranteed TD. There's no way the kicker is going to be fast enough to get near him. And that's about the only guy he has to beat after the inital wave.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Two thoughts on this. Pead was inactive this past week, made room for Gurley to dress. But two weeks ago against Washington, did you guys see Pead on punt coverage? He ran himself out of bounds, not blocked or pushed, he choose the path down the right sideline and onto the white apron. He should know better. We were flagged for that move. Bone head move by a guy who wants to make the team and his real shot was on special teams. I would tend to think this one play factored heavily in Fishers decision to release him.

Second thought. When the Rams were here in Anaheim, I attended one of those kick-off luncheons for season ticket holders. Each table had some Ram player or coach sitting at it. We had Wayne Sevier. Special teams coach, former tight end. Had a Super Bowl ring from the Redskins. He told us that when it came to special team players, he would tell the head coach pick who you want for your offense and defense then let me pick the rest. He said the best players he ever had were the underdogs, those who had a chip on their shoulder, something to prove. Not the most talented, not the most athletic but those who just loved to play and wanted to play. I don't see Pead as really ever fitting in Wayne Sevier's mold and it looks to me like he didn't fit into Coach Fisher's mold either.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Hold on to the ball, hold on to your job.

What's next? Drop the ball, drop your playbook off on your way out? :doh:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pead will play for somebody else in the NFL this year and will probably do well. It's how our ex-players with some promise roll. It has been coming with him for a while now. Good luck to him, just don't land on our schedule.

FRO

Legend
The 2012 second round looking like one of the biggest wasted opprotunities. Hindsight is 20/20, but I hated the Quick and Pead picks at the time. Quick was proving me wrong last year, unfortunately his shoulder may end his career. Pead just sucked and wasn't any better in year 4 than he was his rookie year.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I wonder if he is laughing about this like he was on the sideline when he had that bonehead penalty.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand that. But, until he learns not to half ass his routes, I'd throw him back there to try and make something happen.

What half-assed routes are we talking about?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What half-assed routes are we talking about?
I think he is referring to the big INT near the end of the game where Tavon dogged his route and failed to draw the Safety. But talk of half-assed, lazy routes makes me think of Cook.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Myles Simmons‏@MylesASimmons
Rams have waived Isaiah Pead and added Brandon McGee from practice squad to active roster. Nick Toon added to practice squad.

A thought to consider....

Lot of teams are thin at CB and might have been targeting McGee for the 53 man roster and forcing rams to cut Pead a week or two early.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The 2012 second round looking like one of the biggest wasted opprotunities. Hindsight is 20/20, but I hated the Quick and Pead picks at the time. Quick was proving me wrong last year, unfortunately his shoulder may end his career. Pead just sucked and wasn't any better in year 4 than he was his rookie year.
thats the worst round in recent memory for me too - I was like "who?!?" "really!?" "why?!?" "Who?!" and so far my gut instinct has been right

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Even Money that Brandon McGee is listed as questionable this week!