Rams waive Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
Can I trade my Pead jersey for a Nick Toon jersey? I mean their worth the same price now right? lol

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Can I trade my Pead jersey for a Nick Toon jersey? I mean their worth the same price now right? lol
I'll trade you my Sam Bradford jersey for it? :ROFLMAO: At least people in this country don't know who Pead is, could pretend he's still a Ram... :rolleyes:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't look like he's running half as fast as he's capable of running through this entire route.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWrHAcKh8Rw

He might. I can't tell. He definitely slows down near the end when I am guessing he figured it was overthrown. He came off the LOS with plenty of juice but it does seem like he slowed down coming out of the break. But again, I can't tell since he has tendency to look fairly effortless when he's running at speed. I can believe it, though. And if true, he deserves to get chewed out for that.

I think he is referring to the big INT near the end of the game where Tavon dogged his route and failed to draw the Safety. But talk of half-assed, lazy routes makes me think of Cook.

Except as far as I can tell, he didn't dog the route. It's hard to see where the safety is aligned but that play appears to be entirely on Foles.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
He might. I can't tell. He definitely slows down near the end when I am guessing he figured it was overthrown. He came off the LOS with plenty of juice but it does seem like he slowed down coming out of the break. But again, I can't tell since he has tendency to look fairly effortless when he's running at speed. I can believe it, though. And if true, he deserves to get chewed out for that.

Except as far as I can tell, he didn't dog the route. It's hard to see where the safety is aligned but that play appears to be entirely on Foles.
Yes, I agree Foles heaved that one a touch too much.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Its almost like he's worried he's going to over-run the throw, zips to start then its a gear down - I dunno, the WRs and Foles just need to click

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I would. He gets like 6 targets a game on offense. Turn him loose everywhere else if we're gonna squander him like that.

Make him earn his $$ you mean ;) play him where he's deadly.... if thats PR, KR, WR, RB yeh all of the above, we traded up for him, lets USE him!!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Two thoughts on this. Pead was inactive this past week, made room for Gurley to dress. But two weeks ago against Washington, did you guys see Pead on punt coverage? He ran himself out of bounds, not blocked or pushed, he choose the path down the right sideline and onto the white apron. He should know better. We were flagged for that move. Bone head move by a guy who wants to make the team and his real shot was on special teams. I would tend to think this one play factored heavily in Fishers decision to release him.

Second thought. When the Rams were here in Anaheim, I attended one of those kick-off luncheons for season ticket holders. Each table had some Ram player or coach sitting at it. We had Wayne Sevier. Special teams coach, former tight end. Had a Super Bowl ring from the Redskins. He told us that when it came to special team players, he would tell the head coach pick who you want for your offense and defense then let me pick the rest. He said the best players he ever had were the underdogs, those who had a chip on their shoulder, something to prove. Not the most talented, not the most athletic but those who just loved to play and wanted to play. I don't see Pead as really ever fitting in Wayne Sevier's mold and it looks to me like he didn't fit into Coach Fisher's mold either.

No fire in the belly. I'm with Sevier - the underdog usually punches harder and above their weight

jds10011

UDFA
Name
jds10011
Sends a strong message to the team, a message resonated, when Fisher said at his presser, that they won't tolerate stupid mistakes any longer.

I have always been a fan of Pead, and his potential, a potential, never realized with us. This is a DR RAM approved move by Fisher.
'Strong message'??? How is that? The guy has hardly played this year, much less since he was drafted by the genius team of Snisher. This is long overdue. The message that NOT cutting him has sent over the past year or two is that FIsher is arrogant, stubborn and stupid, but we already knew that. There's no real news here.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
'Strong message'??? How is that? The guy has hardly played this year, much less since he was drafted by the genius team of Snisher. This is long overdue. The message that NOT cutting him has sent over the past year or two is that FIsher is arrogant, stubborn and stupid, but we already knew that. There's no real news here.
Of course it's a message. He's played all year, just not on offense much. It could be that he was cultivating a culture wherein guys were given latitude due to their inexperience and whatnot, but the fact that he's drawing a line now, and no longer accepting mistakes, does indeed send a strong message. We can bitch and moan about how things were done up until this point, but does it make any difference to do that? The point is, he's dropping the hammer. Now, last year, 2 years ago, doesn't matter. It's being done now, and that's a good thing.

And ease up on the "arrogant, stubborn and stupid" talk. We show respect here for the team whether people think they deserve it or not.
Because that's the environment we're trying to cultivate.

jds10011

UDFA
Name
jds10011
Pead will play for somebody else in the NFL this year and will probably do well. It's how our ex-players with some promise roll. It has been coming with him for a while now. Good luck to him, just don't land on our schedule.
No, not really. More Rams castoffs have left the league than landed successfully elsewhere.

I don't understand the disproportionate affection for the guy. I'm not saying he was a bad guy, but he simply never showed nearly enough to warrant taking up space on the roster. At most, if - IF - Fisher wanted to develop him, he could have been on the practice squad. The only reason Pead was around as long as he was is because of Fisher refusing to admit that the high draft pick was a bust. This coaching regime brings in wash-out players who were already known to not live up to their presumed potential, overpays them, and concurrently fails to develop whatever young talent they might draft.

jds10011

UDFA
Name
jds10011
And ease up on the "arrogant, stubborn and stupid" talk. We show respect here for the team whether people think they deserve it or not.
Because that's the environment we're trying to cultivate.
Thanks, I appreciate the intent of building a better culture than what exists elsewhere. I'm happy to respect the position - Head Coach - but that doesn't mean I have to respect the person who's occupying the position. Fisher has consistently shown himself to be all three of the adjectives I mentioned, and more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks, I appreciate the intent of building a better culture than what exists elsewhere. I'm happy to respect the position - Head Coach - but that doesn't mean I have to respect the person who's occupying the position. Fisher has consistently shown himself to be all three of the adjectives I used, and more.
No, you don't have to respect him at all.
You just have to be careful how you express your discontent around here, and clearly you're on board with the reasons why.
It's not asking a lot, and you seem more than capable of communicating your thoughts without publicly railing on Fisher.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Well I'll be interested to see where he signs on. I'm sure someone will pick him up. If they can use him as a Reggie Bush type recieving back he might have success