Rams waive Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
How quickly will Pead get snatched up and become a household name now? Haven't we all known that would happen? We would finally dump him and he would go on to become a star somewhere else?

I say - the Texans.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nooooooo_elf.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Sends a strong message to the team, a message resonated, when Fisher said at his presser, that they won't tolerate stupid mistakes any longer.

I have always been a fan of Pead, and his potential, a potential, never realized with us. This is a DR RAM approved move by Fisher.

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Hate to see anyone get cut. I really liked him coming out of Cincinnati. Could be a blessing in disguise for him. Maybe he need a fresh start somewhere else.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Now it's time to cut Cook to send an even stronger message about not tolerating inconsistencies anymore as well.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hate to see anyone get cut. I really liked him coming out of Cincinnati. Could be a blessing in disguise for him. Maybe he need a fresh start somewhere else.

Unless having to go from NFL running back to DHL delivery guy is a blessing, I'm not sure a fresh start is gonna help

Athos

Legend
The curse be lifted. Watch us rattle off several wins now in a row.

Pead was cursed dead weight.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Looks like Mcgee is going to pick up Pead's special teams duties. Now if we can just get Tavon on kick returns.

I've always been against TA on kick returns, especially with Cunningham having solid numbers, but if they aren't going to play TA in the offense, might as well have him on KR's so he can make a difference.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I LOVE that the Rams can cut talented players with real potential. It's been a long long time where we were upgrading instead of tolerating.

Sorry Pead. Bad Luck Schleprock. We needed a goat and you were chosen.

Goat.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Sorry he got cut, but, the dude just didn't deliver, such a disappointment - so @Dieter the Brock, DHL ain't gonna go knocking ;)

Isn't it the Jets that pick up our RBs at the moment?? Hopefully he's picked up somewhere but I bet they've tried to tout him a bit and not had any biters...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a surprise. Pead is actually a talented runner and player. He was looking much improved as a runner this year. Problem is that he can't hold onto the ball. And patience will run out with players that cough the ball up. He might do well elsewhere as talent has never been an issue but it's impossible for us to trust him.

Looks like Mcgee is going to pick up Pead's special teams duties. Now if we can just get Tavon on kick returns.

Cunningham is a good KR. I don't think they want to risk Tavon's health on KRs.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Cook and Kendricks may want to check their issues at the door this week, since Watts is coming back soon and Fisher has started cutting bitches.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Pead ends up starting for the Cowboys and putting up good numbers before the year is through. He's a better choice than Can'tRunDMC

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Conventional wisdom says you don't use a guy like Tavon on kick-offs, unless he's not going to have a role on offense...But I think it's a decent idea because of his style...He doesn't grab and dash in a straight line, setting up a big collision...He doesn't run that way on punt returns he could return kicks and use the same style to a lesser degree...He doesn't usually seem to take many big shots...I'm just looking for almost anything to generate some more points..I guess as few kicks as are returned these days, it really doesn't make any difference....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sorry to see him go, but I figured he'd be gone when Watts came back anyway!
Question: Will we get compensation for him IF he is picked-up by another Team!?!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Sad really. Had so much talent but could never put it together and injuries never gave him a chance.

I would bet someone will pick him up rather quickly. Still to young and talented to not land somewhere.

I agree, especially a team that's a bit short on depth...Any semblance of an O line might make a day and night difference for him...