Rams Waive DB Brian Randolph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's always cool to hope one of the UDFA types comes outta nowhere to make the team and excel. But for most of these guys this is the way it ends. Best of luck to him, at least he can say he was a pro player for a year, and the money wasn't too bad.

I wonder if Spruce's fate is the same... being an UDFA and all.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah, spruce will be on the field for every 3rd down, and 4th down when they're going for it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
He's been upset since the Marquez North release and now the Randolph news.

Last I heard, somebody seen @LACHAMP46 .......

stumble inside of a liquor store to get some more booze.

lLaOBsu.gif

Look at the perfect balance of the beer - the body is totally out of control, but the brain is obviously keeping those babies nice and level - I salute you sir!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
UDFA's (especially if not drafted by this regime) always live on the edge I guess - at least he has time to look for new pastures...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams have waived DB Brian Randolph following the conclusion of the club's offseason program.

Randolph signed with the Rams last offseason as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Tennessee.

He spent the 2016 season on injured reserve after tearing his ACL in the team's first preseason game.

The Rams’ roster now stands at 85 players. The team will report to training camp at UC Irvine in late July.

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Waive-DB-Brian-Randolph/acd60686-f7ca-4ab0-accd-e2edd71fbc2d

BIG FREAKING MISTAKE IF YOU ASK ME!!!!!!!! But... In McSnead we trust.
The Rams have waived DB Brian Randolph following the conclusion of the club's offseason program.

Randolph signed with the Rams last offseason as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Tennessee.

He spent the 2016 season on injured reserve after tearing his ACL in the team's first preseason game.

The Rams’ roster now stands at 85 players. The team will report to training camp at UC Irvine in late July.

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Waive-DB-Brian-Randolph/acd60686-f7ca-4ab0-accd-e2edd71fbc2d

BIG FREAKING MISTAKE IF YOU ASK ME!!!!!!!! But... In McSnead we trust.

OMG !!! ---- Why some of you bought into him is WAY BEYOND ME !!!!

LMFAO !!! DID Not EVEN MAKE IT
To Training camp on th 90 !!

YEAH McVay & Don't forget WADE !!

What a joke of a players hype. Been posting it all along .

To think Posters wanted as the starting FS ???? Lmfao . Can't stop. lol

Thankful this staff really understands how to evaluate talent.

---Niw posters can grill me . --Just from following the photos & videos from OTA's
Is this #58 Casanova looks like he might make the 53 man roster ??

I have not got any yeah or nah's on him from posters at all. --Just a prediction.

I went to UCI last year & thought nothing about Randolph . Was waiting to blast poster who were thinking he was going to start. --Then he blows out his knee on his first play on a kickoff . Then less than a year of rehab , he will be a starter & even make the 53 man roster ??

--The Rams drafted John Johnson that had to be a key to the coaching staffs thoughts of Randolph.

Bryant from Ohio State was better than Randolph. Fisher only kept like 3 safeties
Last year ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Unless his injury is worse than we thought, I don't get the move. I thought he had a great chance to develop into a starter.

Why ??? Did you go to training camp last year ???

Are you going off his pro day ???

I don't understand the hype one but ???

I wish he didn't get hurt. He got his 15 minutes of fame on hard knocks.

I say I found my Mermaid,but don't honestly believe in them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Said midget has great hands and is a solid route runner who has return capabilities. And Trindon Holliday made a living as a punt/kick returner, and he was 5'5", 150 lbs. soaking wet.

So he has a chance .

Truth is his chance though with The Rams is slim to none !! Tavon is the guy.

Mike Thomas can play gunner as well. I think he makes it for sure.

Spruce is a team favorite & works his butt off !!! I think he should get a lot more credit than he gets for his work ethic from posters.

I can already still here the echo from the last time he stepped onto the turf live.

Spruuuuuce , Spruuuuuce

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's we have certainly seen several of guys like this over the years like Gaylon Hyder & Jon Kirksey for example and even though he made the squad I thought Darrius Blevins was going to be a special wide receiver. Oh well we all fall in love with UDFA's that's for sure.
s_horne_i.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BTW the Rams now have 85 players on the roster so that leaves space for a QB or two and a camp leg as well, they might add even another deep snapper for camp so these cuts are understandable, but for @jakebogen95 the Randolph cut was the deepest.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This has to be injury related. I was excited to see what happened in training camp with him.

Memphis Ram

Legend
This years version seems to be Ryan Shakeir. I've never seen so much hype for a midget that weighs 150lbs and people think he'll make a living as a WR in the NFL.

I haven't seen much hype for Shakeir Ryan. Just a lot of interest. And it's probably because of what Taylor Gabriel has done. BTW, Ryan was actually 162 lbs at his Pro Day, which is just 5 lbs lighter than Falcons returner/WR Taylor Gabriel is listed now. And I'm sure new OC and former Falcons QB coach LaFleur took notice.

Now the hype train, starts and ends with Nelson Spruce. Understandable. He's a local favorite that even lives minutes away from the facility. And many fell in love with the skill set contrast he had with last years group. Problem is, he doesn't really have such a contrast vs. this years group.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This move surprised me, I thought Randolph and North would make the final 53. However, I trust these coaches and maybe they are not what they were before their injuries, both were on injured reserve last year. This coaching staff means business.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW the Rams now have 85 players on the roster so that leaves space for a QB or two and a camp leg as well, they might add even another deep snapper for camp so these cuts are understandable, but for @jakebogen95 the Randolph cut was the deepest.
A good Vance Joy lyric .

LA Champ as well ,& clearly Inovated Mind , plus a bunch of others.

The draft & combine are over . Let's hope Ram fans have a lot longer time to think about the playoffs vs the draft.

I look at this core team & think wow this could be a real exciting season.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
And many fell in love with the skill set contrast he had with last years group. Problem is, he doesn't really have such a contrast vs. this years group.

^^^Nicely put. I think the battle will be between McRoberts, Spruce, Shippen, Marquez, Ryan and hell maybe even Austin if that wrist isn't a 100%. We have to keep an eye on that wrist for it may cause production problems if not healed properly or re-injures it.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
Hype Train Update:

Nelson Spruce;
Brian Randolph;
Travis Wilson.

:ROFLMAO:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FWIW's we have certainly seen several of guys like this over the years like Gaylon Hyder & Jon Kirksey for example and even though he made the squad I thought Darrius Blevins was going to be a special wide receiver. Oh well we all fall in love with UDFA's that's for sure.
s_horne_i.jpg

I don't really recall any of those guys.

I've followed The Rams for years.

Really started to get into drafts in 1995 , when The Rams moved to St. Louis.
Mel Kiper used to do USA Today Football write ups on the draft.

1999 was a great season , plus NFL Europe started taking off in the 90's.

I went to UCI training camp & got a roster paper. I was thinking Brian Townsend was going to be good.He was a 11 round pick in 1992.

The guy I really fell in love with was Tony Horn.Never knew who he was , but he ran a TD back in preseason. I was like where is Azzzz ? He flat out beat him out of KR man.