Rams Waive DB Brian Randolph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams could have just about traded up to get Derick Carr instead of Joyner.
Thank goodness for drafting Aaron Donald.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So where does he go ?? Will he even make it in the NFL ? Remember he was a udfa.
He would have already been cut had he not got hurt. To think you thought he could be a starter is laughable.
Randolphs saving grace was his injury.
You don't give Mo Alexander enough credit. Talk about a guy that can bring the wood.

I thought he could be a starter... I thought he could be a very good and disruptive one too.

I still do.

Do I think it's laughable? Not at all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought he could be a starter... I thought he could be a very good and disruptive one too.

I still do.

Well I don't know where you get that from ?? Still lol that some are still holding on. Tell me when he gets picked up ?
Didn't even make it 90's xx . Every team in The NFL didn't think much about him.

Why ?? I was never a believer that's all.
We all have are own opinions.

What's up with this Casanova cat ?
E seems to be getting a lot of playing time.

Who is a player you can make a bold prediction about ?? I think that Murray has a chance (ol) .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I still do.

You can't get attached to UDFAs. This is what happens to UDFAs. The odds of any UDFA becoming a starter are quite low.

Frankly, Randolph wasn't that good in college. He had great measurables and hit hard, but I'm just not getting the infatuation.

If Spruce ends up getting cut, I won't be shocked either. It's just part of being a UDFA. Does that mean Spruce and Randolph definitely suck? No. There's a chance one or both become NFL contributors, but the odds aren't good.

Spruce is still on the team, so I'll be hoping for the best with him (I did like him as a college prospect). Randolph is gone. Good luck to him, but he's not worth getting hung up on. We just traded a guy we took #2 overall a few years ago. If guys like that aren't sticking, everyone has a target on their backs.

I'm not questioning anything about Wade....

I just don't think all defensive cuts are his decisions....I don't think all cuts are based on talent more likely $$$$....I only question how anyone can ascertain how effective any football player actual play is measured without playing a single game in pads?

If we cut every single udfa....who cares? But to act like these guys can't make the team...based on talent...and the new type of "mentally sharp" Rams....c'mon.

I'm just not a lead a sheep to slaughter and go along with it type of guy....I'd like to know the whys...What are we looking for?

It can't be about money. Randolph doesn't count against our cap during the off-season because of the top 51 rule and his low salary.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The Rams could have just about traded up to get Derick Carr instead of Joyner.
Thank goodness for drafting Aaron Donald.
In order to get Carr the rams would've had to trade up to the top 3 picks in the 2nd, at least 6 picks ahead of where they got Joyner. Dallas gave Washington a 3rd round pick to get the number 2 spot in the second. Also the rams were not in the market for a qb at the time. Yeah in hindsight it makes perfect sense to get one, but no one was expecting Bradford to tear his acl for a 2nd time.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So where does he go ?? Will he even make it in the NFL ? Remember he was a udfa.
He would have already been cut had he not got hurt. To think you thought he could be a starter is laughable.
Randolphs saving grace was his injury.
You don't give Mo Alexander enough credit. Talk about a guy that can bring the wood.
First off, I like Mo...he needs to do more, but I like him....that running away from tackles tho...
North can play...lets see if he can stick
Randolph can really play...damn shame about his injury. He could start...when healthy, he's better than Joyner IMO

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, I like Mo...he needs to do more, but I like him....that running away from tackles tho...
Randolph can really play...damn shame about his injury. He could start...when healthy, he's better than Joyner IMO
The only reason you're saying that is because Randolph is 4" taller.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner is the better player, but his height is a problem. Offenses will send taller wr and move TE his way
His height hasn't been a problem when he was covering a guy 1 on 1 but suddenly when he's playing center field it will be? Sorry there's no logic in that thought.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In order to get Carr the rams would've had to trade up to the top 3 picks in the 2nd, at least 6 picks ahead of where they got Joyner. Dallas gave Washington a 3rd round pick to get the number 2 spot in the second. Also the rams were not in the market for a qb at the time. Yeah in hindsight it makes perfect sense to get one, but no one was expecting Bradford to tear his acl for a 2nd time.

Bradford had a huge contract. The Rams would have been able to build a sold foundation at QB. Look at NE & there back up QB.

It all goes back to drafting Greg Robinson. The Rams should have just kept that #2 pick overall a gift that kept giving.
The Rams traded the #2 pick & there they are with The #2 pick again. Why not trade back ?? To bring all the player to midfield to run in Washingtons face ???

To think they could have had another 1st rd pick & probably a third on top of a number #7 overall.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I don't agree with any of it , except Mo needs to do more. I think he will really show up. Less thinking & more production.
--- You talk about Wade & others about
Randolph might not get it . I just think he was not that good before his injury. I to wish he would not have gotten hurt.
Wade defense should fit him perfect. I hated the way Greg Williams defenses would finally get the lead only to give them up on big plays.Even with JJ & Rodney would be suspect to giving up the big plays.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Bradford had a huge contract. The Rams would have been able to build a sold foundation at QB. Look at NE & there back up QB.

It all goes back to drafting Greg Robinson. The Rams should have just kept that #2 pick overall a gift that kept giving.
The Rams traded the #2 pick & there they are with The #2 pick again. Why not trade back ?? To bring all the player to midfield to run in Washingtons face ???

To think they could have had another 1st rd pick & probably a third on top of a number #7 overall.
Yeah, it's easy to look back and say what they should've done. But there's no guarantee that they pick the right players, there's a lot of duds in the 1st round of the 2014 draft, the Rams could've easily grabbed one. Also, that's no guarantee that any of those good players would've performed well as a Ram, Fisher and Co had a lousy record with offensive talent. So far zero offensive players drafted have played exceptionally well for more than just one year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, it's easy to look back and say what they should've done. But there's no guarantee that they pick the right players, there's a lot of duds in the 1st round of the 2014 draft, the Rams could've easily grabbed one. Also, that's no guarantee that any of those good players would've performed well as a Ram, Fisher and Co had a lousy record with offensive talent. So far zero offensive players drafted have played exceptionally well for more than just one year.

Fair enough. That all being said I really look forward to J Joyner moving to FS.
I just think he is an excellent ball hawking player. Very high motor who seems to always be in position.I think the new position will suit him much better for lack of height , & cover speed . His timing is going to be great & his foot steps will be heard. He whacks a solid punch.

--Mo Alexander should finally just play & trust his game. His knowledge of his course as a NFL player is top notch. Greg Williams could not talk highly enough of both these players.

*** I also am excited to see my 2 sleeper picks that The Rams actually drafted.

1. EJ Gaines -- I wanted him instead of Mo Alexander, so maybe that was a toss ?? I think if healthy can really produce. I like how he knows where the markers are & is super tough on 3rd dwn.

2. Jamon Brown -- really has been disappointing , especially after his first season. Thought he was going to be really solid next to Big Rob -- I like there relationship as teammates(rookie roommates) in St. Louis . Now that they switched positions it is extremely cool. Both can rotate if need. Just is a nice option for team depth.

Ram Pat

Rookie
His height hasn't been a problem when he was covering a guy 1 on 1 but suddenly when he's playing center field it will be? Sorry there's no logic in that thought.
Very logical. I know you have watched all the games and film like I do, his height will always be a thing. Good player, just something to go after.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You can't get attached to UDFAs. This is what happens to UDFAs. The odds of any UDFA becoming a starter are quite low.

Frankly, Randolph wasn't that good in college. He had great measurables and hit hard, but I'm just not getting the infatuation.

If Spruce ends up getting cut, I won't be shocked either. It's just part of being a UDFA. Does that mean Spruce and Randolph definitely suck? No. There's a chance one or both become NFL contributors, but the odds aren't good.

Spruce is still on the team, so I'll be hoping for the best with him (I did like him as a college prospect). Randolph is gone. Good luck to him, but he's not worth getting hung up on. We just traded a guy we took #2 overall a few years ago. If guys like that aren't sticking, everyone has a target on their backs.

It can't be about money. Randolph doesn't count against our cap during the off-season because of the top 51 rule and his low salary.

Spruuce is not getting cut dude !!

First off he works his butt off. Second he is a good fit with Goff & Gurley. These guys are all tight. McVay has friendship high on his board. Spruuce is playing well . He is yolked & agile. I'm sure right now on his time off he'll be working out with teammates together. As in we , not me .
Quick & Britt they love to quit.

Tavon ?? I seriously wonder what he did to his wrist ?? Anyway T. Austin should get back on track. Spruuce needs to keep working hard on special teams though. If you watch practice you'll see him flying down field to make tackles. He is a strong dude.

Ram65

Legend
Brain Randolph had a nice following here. I've seen the YouTube highlight video awhile back because of that. Hard to tell from that but, he has some good hands and showed some range. UDFA with injury history is not a good . Easiest reason to understand being cut could be the injuries and not getting his quickness and speed back. Another of many decisions we don't get the details of. It's an uphill battle for all UDFA.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brain Randolph had a nice following here. I've seen the YouTube highlight video awhile back because of that. Hard to tell from that but, he has some good hands and showed some range. UDFA with injury history is not a good . Easiest reason to understand being cut could be the injuries and not getting his quickness and speed back. Another of many decisions we don't get the details of. It's an uphill battle for all UDFA.

Dude anyone who didn't see that coming after the draft was freaking blind in Randolph stars.
John Johnson was drafted #91 by this New Regime !! He was hand picked by the defensive coaches. The Rams coaching staff had more knowledge than any of use about him. If they thought so Highly of him there is No Way they select John Johnson.
I'm just waiting for him to show up while Randolph is home only thinking about being that good.
J. Joyner & Mo Alexander become FA's after the season. That just shows how much The Rams coaching staff thought SO little about him .

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
BTW the Rams now have 85 players on the roster so that leaves space for a QB or two and a camp leg as well, they might add even another deep snapper for camp so these cuts are understandable, but for @jakebogen95 the Randolph cut was the deepest.
Yeah that broke my heart. I talked to Brian, he's obviously bummed. Sounds like it came out of nowhere

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Sorry Jake no jersey, but keep fighting the good fight.
0703-mgm-jake-lamotta-getty-1.jpg
I will keep fighting the good fight. I have no idea what jersey to get now :( Probably Kayvon. I will try to ask him for one :p

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not questioning anything about Wade....

I just don't think all defensive cuts are his decisions....I don't think all cuts are based on talent more likely $$$$....I only question how anyone can ascertain how effective any football player actual play is measured without playing a single game in pads?

If we cut every single udfa....who cares? But to act like these guys can't make the team...based on talent...and the new type of "mentally sharp" Rams....c'mon.

I'm just not a lead a sheep to slaughter and go along with it type of guy....I'd like to know the whys...What are we looking for?

I know & you want to believe you tube , instead of real facts.

The Rams drafted John Johnson . I know how unhappy you where about that selection of him because you thought so highly of Randolph.
IMO I think at some point you have to trust the pros . I know it is hard to do with all the past blunders.