Rams Waive DB Brian Randolph

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah that broke my heart. I talked to Brian, he's obviously bummed. Sounds like it came out of nowhere

When you look at it from a human element, it's disappointing especially his injury, but again it comes down to numbers and that is the unfortuante part as fans we forget sometimes...BTW as a position Coach very difficult to cut a player too especially after that player has busted his ass for you and that's why they usually let somebody else do it, under Fisher, it was Strength & Conditioning Coach Rock Gullickson, which made sense because he could catch them before their workout.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
When you look at it from a human element, it's disappointing especially his injury, but again it comes down to numbers and that is the unfortuante part as fans we forget sometimes...BTW as a position Coach very difficult to cut a player too especially after that player has busted his ass for you and that's why they usually let somebody else do it, under Fisher, it was Strength & Conditioning Coach Rock Gullickson, which made sense because he could catch them before their workout.
Yeah it sucked I guess it was the concern with his knee despite what Vinny said about him looking good..

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The Rams drafted John Johnson . I know how unhappy you where about that selection of him because you thought so highly of Randolph.
IMO I think at some point you have to trust the pros . I know it is hard to do with all the past blunders.
I wasn't the only guy shocked by the John Johnson selection, and not because we already had Randoph. I think we need a guy that can play back there...with some speed.
Trust the experts....sorta like trusting the....well 14 years....supposedly one of the weakest rosters in the league...and I'll still believe...but I have my doubts. Specifically regarding the talent and the talent evaluation of certain players. Johnson being one of them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wasn't the only guy shocked by the John Johnson selection, and not because we already had Randoph. I think we need a guy that can play back there...with some speed.
Trust the experts....sorta like trusting the....well 14 years....supposedly one of the weakest rosters in the league...and I'll still believe...but I have my doubts. Specifically regarding the talent and the talent evaluation of certain players. Johnson being one of them.

Well sometimes it's there skill set & Knowledge. BC has put out some excellent defensive players. I do think your right about Johnsons speed , but I that is why I think he fits better as a Safety. My thinking as well is The Rams will go with less DB's on 53 man roster.

I'll keep saying 7 WR. I think that is the Rams thinking coming out of the draft.

Injuries will play a part of that though as well. As in the draft(bps)it is Best Players.

Tavon will get some looks in the backfield & be moved around to open defenses. He also will play in return game. I think McVay will put him in a position to succeed, & less as a straight up WR. --- A gadget type. Interesting we have not heard much about Dunbar.

I know I got off subject , but I think the core of The Rams are in place.

Biggest competition will be 1 backup RB.
TE position Hemingway & dude from Utah. Harkey will be interesting, but Rodgers is the HB/FB/H-back

Then 1 DE
2 LB position -- I think McKinzy makes the team.

I think The Rams keep only 8 DB's ?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
His height hasn't been a problem when he was covering a guy 1 on 1 but suddenly when he's playing center field it will be? Sorry there's no logic in that thought.
Agree his height can be a problem when playing high safety. But this issue may be diminished greatly when Wade goes into his Nickle. Thus a known young vet commodity who is well over 6-1 who has a near 42 inch vertical jump & broad jumps (10-foot-3) to go with his 4.4 speed = Cody Davis who should be the prime leading prospect to replace Joyner in his high safety post when Joyner takes the slot. If Davis is not enough then there's rookie John Johnson who is the same size as Davis but not as fast nor athletic.

Seems to be the perfect plan for both Joyner & Davis. Davis was never the sure tackler as Joyner or Alexander or McLeod. But used in Nickle & Dime defenses fits Davis game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
BC has put out some excellent defensive players. I do think your right about Johnsons speed , but I that is why I think he fits better as a Safety.
Curious, who have the golden eagles..(or are they just the eagles) put out? I can't think of anyone but that RB....and Doug Flutie....I don't know why the position that must cover the most range can be the slowest in the secondary? Do you guys want any playmakers, or are we to assume that angles, play recognition, and experience will get it done?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious, who have the golden eagles..(or are they just the eagles) put out? I can't think of anyone but that RB....and Doug Flutie....I don't know why the position that must cover the most range can be the slowest in the secondary? Do you guys want any playmakers, or are we to assume that angles, play recognition, and experience will get it done?
Matt Ryan, Luke Kuechly, BJ Raji, Gosder Cherelius, Matt Hasselbeck are a few that come to mind.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Hey man how could you forget the wild man himself, Mike Mamula.
You know Mr. "Eye of the Tiger."
Hahaha just kidding couldn't resist busting your chops just a bit.....lol lol
It's all good Champ!
~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn....how'd I forget Ryan? This 50 year old thing is just....sheeesh.

I never remembered Luke playing for BC....
Yup if I remember right at 46 years old he was ACC dpoy and all American as a freshman.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
3. Fisher imo sucked as a H/C .It was about him not getting the most out of his players & coaching staff. His ego was huge.
tenor.gif
;)

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The first two off of the top of my head was Jo-Lonn Dunbar and Bill Romanowski. But then I looked it up and there's a surprising amount of player, a good amount of QBs and OL.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_College_Eagles_football