Rams Trade Stacy To Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I go to an AZ game in 2013...Every young fan is all over Stacy...Saying we got this...he's gonna rumble...I think this was the game that JJ returned 2 picks....It was funny the love people had for a relative unknown...Damn shame he wanted to leave...I hope he can stick, Vandy sends out solid kids...great school
I was at that game too and Zac handed his rushing TD ball to a Rams fan just about 10 seats away from me in the first row. I was in the second row at the west goal post. I wish him the best going forward.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wow. Smh. Can't believe that's how you and 4 other people feel about Zac.

The dude was nothing but a class act in STL. Getting phased out was not easy last year, but he took it like a team player. He already knew he was burried in the depth chart and the Gurley pick was the last straw. Can't blame the guy because he wants the chance to play.

PC ALERT PC ALERT
F that guy
What I can't believe is that 3 of you are supporting a guy who tweets "yikes"
That only showed 100% selfishness - why not congratulate your new team mate and competitor instead of being such a puss - yikes
What is Stacy now Shaggy?
STACY = SHAGGY
Yikes??!!
Why not ZOINKS???

I didn't see Watts or Cunningh ask out and puss out and tweet ZOINKS

Fine - PC crowd, if you want to back the sensitivities of Stacy (shaggy from scooby doo) go ahead.

I want my team to compete like gladiators!!!!!!!!

GURLEY
GURLEY
GURLEY

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEDeVHinRps

image.jpg

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
PC ALERT PC ALERT
F that guy
That only showed 100% selfishness - why not congratulate your new team mate and competitor instead of being such a puss - yikes
STACY = SHAGGY
Yikes??!!
Why not ZOINKS???

Fine - PC crowd, if you want to back the sensitivities of Stacy (shaggy from scooby doo) go ahead.

GURLEY
GURLEY
GURLEY

View attachment 6168

I can't believe there are this many people fired up about a one word tweet. Where were all these sensitive people when JJ tweeted about the Rams needing to leave St Louis if he couldn't play in a dome? The ultimate entitled whine and this is the tweet everyone is fired up over.

PC crowd:rolleyes:.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I think it came down to Gurley just wanting his number

it's a good number

!BUijC6!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl0rDjBKO!Qz4E2g~~_12.JPG

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
PC ALERT PC ALERT
F that guy
STACY = SHAGGY
Yikes??!!
Why not ZOINKS???

GURLEY
GURLEY
GURLEY

View attachment 6168

PC alert, my ass. Again, what would you do in his situation? Stacy didn't do anything wrong. He looked out for his own interests. He was smart enough to get out to a team where he could start, and we got a pick in return. Instead, you act like he just kicked your dog, had sex with your wife, and tattooed 666 on his forehead.

Again, IT'S BUSINESS, NOT PERSONAL, SONNY! (Godfather reference for the win.)

FRO

Legend
100% of us would have wanted to be traded as well. No way would being the 4th RB on the depth chart be appealing. The deck is stacked against him too. No way he was going to get opportunities over a third round pick with more upside and the 10th overall pick with unlimited upside.

I don't fault Stacy at all. It even benefits is because LB is a bigger need than 4th string RB who doesn't play teams.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The tweet and having his agent ask for him to be traded or released are separate issues. It's fine that a young, former starter wants another opportunity he won't get in St Louis. Obviously Fisher is down on him, so better for both him and the team that he be traded. Tweeting "Yikes" is yet another case of somebody using social media in a way that shows they aren't good teammates. You support the team publically so long as they are paying you.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Appreciating the business aspect of the NFL is not exclusive to the actual team. Stacy had every reason to ask for a trade, he offers no use to the Rams and they offer no use to him. Stacy doesn't have to sit on the bench behind 3 other backs just to prove how cool and loyal he is to us, this is not an affront to us or the front office.
giphy.gif

fancents86

Starter
Dude almost ran for 1000 yds his rookie season while missing 5 games bc of D Rich. You gotta be an idiot to just sit back and warm the bench when you have talent like that. An idiot or lazy. Good for Stacey for wanting to be the best he can be and participate in a teams production. I'll def miss him as a ram.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
PC alert, my ass. Again, what would you do in his situation? Stacy didn't do anything wrong. He looked out for his own interests. He was smart enough to get out to a team where he could start, and we got a pick in return. Instead, you act like he just kicked your dog, had sex with your wife, and tattooed 666 on his forehead.

Again, IT'S BUSINESS, NOT PERSONAL, SONNY! (Godfather reference for the win.)

Yikes

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I can't believe there are this many people fired up about a one word tweet. Where were all these sensitive people when JJ tweeted about the Rams needing to leave St Louis if he couldn't play in a dome? The ultimate entitled whine and this is the tweet everyone is fired up over.

PC crowd:rolleyes:.

ZOINKS

jap

Legend
Too much flack over Zac. The young kid just wants to play.

He's not as explosive as Tre and even less as explosive as super-talented TG. He doesn't catch as well as Benny or Isaiah. He doesn't do special teams like Chase, Benny, or Isaiah. The handwriting was on the wall.

Competitors want to play ball, and that alone explains any 'sulking' expressions or attitudes he may have exhibited. I doubt any worthwhile coach would regard that as a negative. Something is definitely wrong if a guy with starting ability is content to be on the bench.

He is now with a team that can use his talent and competitive fire. I'm happy for him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Stacy - unlike Watts, Pead, Reynolds, or Cunningham asked to be traded from the Rams and made a totally unprofessional and self serving "tweet" and as a result has now been traded away

First off I did not make the "tweet" of Yikes - Stacy did

I'm reacting to it as being a selfish move - which it is, so self serving he's now with the jets

The good news is once again Les Snead looks like a genius

Stacy after his comment had absolutely Zero trade value and yet again Les Snead shows us what a wizard he is by actually finding a trade partner

And I liked Stacy and defended him when others said pre-draft we should trade him

I'm not taking away the fact the guy wants to start, but why not complete with the Rams? The team that drafts him - if he doesn't want to play for us, why not have his agent make the request known in private to Rams brass? Why go public like a shaggy?

He's gone now and won't get any playing time with the Jets either

POOR MOVES + YIKES = JETS

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I sure as hell liked Masons reaction to the Gurley pick better, it was along the lines of " better get to work now"....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Stacy - unlike Watts, Pead, Reynolds, or Cunningham asked to be traded from the Rams and made a totally unprofessional and self serving "tweet" and as a result has now been traded away

First off I did not make the "tweet" of Yikes - Stacy did

I'm reacting to it as being a selfish move - which it is, so self serving he's now with the jets

The good news is once again Les Snead looks like a genius

Stacy after his comment had absolutely Zero trade value and yet again Les Snead shows us what a wizard he is by actually finding a trade partner

And I liked Stacy and defended him when others said pre-draft we should trade him

I'm not taking away the fact the guy wants to start, but why not complete with the Rams? The team that drafts him - if he doesn't want to play for us, why not have his agent make the request known in private to Rams brass? Why go public like a shaggy?

He's gone now and won't get any playing time with the Jets either

POOR MOVES + YIKES = JETS

Oh, come on. You know that's not even remotely true. Chris Ivory is a good back, but Stevan Ridley's injured more than he plays, and he checks himself out of games more than Stacy ever did. Ridley had a 3.6 average on 94 carries and then he tore his ACL and his MCL. Like Bilal Powell and Daryl Richardson are ever going to beat Stacy out. He's easily going to be the number two back this year for the Jets, and maybe even more if Ivory falters. He'll get his carries.

I know that you're smarter than this. You're a good poster, and you know better than this.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I get Stacy's side of things so I'm not bothered by his desire for a trade. He's a got a limited shelf life and remaining with the Rams would kill his career and chances for a decent payday in a couple years. Now he's got a fresh start and a chance to get things going again.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Stacy is a very serviceable back that will do very well running behind a decent o line. Good luck to him in New Jersey.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Oh, come on. You know that's not even remotely true. Chris Ivory is a good back, but Stevan Ridley's injured more than he plays, and he checks himself out of games more than Stacy ever did. Ridley had a 3.6 average on 94 carries and then he tore his ACL and his MCL. Like Bilal Powell and Daryl Richardson are ever going to beat Stacy out. He's easily going to be the number two back this year for the Jets, and maybe even more if Ivory falters. He'll get his carries.

I know that you're smarter than this. You're a good poster, and you know better than this.

I could care less about the Jets roster - Stacy's moves bought him a one way ticket out of town

Forgive me for taking great offense to how he handled himself - I think it's shaggy scooby doo B.S. Running scared -- can't hang with competition and so many of you are making apologies for him / he clearly pissed off the team with his me-first attitude and hence he's gone
Good luck Stacy
Can't wait for Brockers to Crush you and when he does I'll say "Yikes"