Rams Trade Stacy To Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Then we'd be out a linebacker. Both parties got what they wanted. It was a mutual separation. Nothing more.

Do you think there was a hint before the draft that Stacy wanted to get traded?...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I read the LB may be a blocking FB...did I see that wrong?

Very well. A blocking fullback. Something else that we don't have. Whatever he becomes, it wouldn't have happened without Stacy. Why all of the hate?

@ReddingRam I wonder how you'd feel if you were talented enough to start and yet were buried on the depth chart by a recent top ten pick, a third round pick, and the primary kick returner and third down back. Stacy doesn't lack competitiveness. He's aware of his situation. He knows that no matter how hard he competes, he's still going to be out of the picture. So why not demand a trade? It doesn't make him selfish; it makes him smart. You can't have it both ways.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think the Rams and Stacey both made a mistake here. Stacey should have stayed quiet because if he gets playing time behind this new line, he could really up his value in FA. The Rams, it looks like, acted off emotion. They could have used him in a far better trade after the draft.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's all about seeing his lack of competitiveness. If he doesn't have enough faith in himself to welcome 1) a competitive challenge in camp and 2) a way for his TEAM to get better ... .then by all means ... SEE YA!

Seriously? The Rams draft a somewhat controversial pick high in the first round and you think Stacy, Mason, Cunningham, and Watts are going to be able to do anything to keep him on the bench? It would take a herculean effort to keep Gurley on the bench, esp after the gushing we did. That would be like drafting Mariota and expecting Keenum to have a shot at the starting gig. The fact is that it's not going to be a competition.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Do you think there was a hint before the draft that Stacy wanted to get traded?...

Considering that he only demanded it after the Gurley pick, we don't know. But we've all known that Stacy wouldn't have a spot on this team because Mason and Cunningham had taken his snaps completely. Whatever the case, he said it publicly, the Rams agreed, and they dealt him for a linebacker/fullback/special teams player. So again, why all the hate for a guy who did nothing but put his body on the line for this team and was a class act the entire time he saw Mason and Cunningham eating into his snaps?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Very well. A blocking fullback. Something else that we don't have. Whatever he becomes, it wouldn't have happened without Stacy. Why all of the hate?

@ReddingRam I wonder how you'd feel if you were talented enough to start and yet were buried on the depth chart by a recent top ten pick, a third round pick, and the primary kick returner and third I

@ReddingRam I wonder how you'd feel if you were talented enough to start and yet were buried on the depth chart by a recent top ten pick, a third round pick, and the primary kick returner and third down back. Stacy doesn't lack competitiveness. He's aware of his situation. He knows that no matter how hard he competes, he's still going to be out of the picture. So why not demand a trade? It doesn't make him selfish; it makes him smart. You can't have it both ways.
Ya know what .. IF I was a PRO ... I would have to have the confidence in my own abilities, have enough knowledge about what it is my team wants to do and ENOUGH love for my team to be as good as they can be .. and be DAMN PROUD to be part of that .... if not ... I'm a selfish whiny BITCH ... just like he was last season when he fumbled, pulled himself out after ever 2-3 plays and then sulked when a teammate showed he could replace him.

If THAT is what you want on YOUR team .. then by all means ... go follow the Jets

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Don't think any of us will miss him. He barely even got to play last season. Even if Gurley isn't playing week one, they still have Watts as the 3rd running back. We are fine. Still don't get why he got so little playing time after a nice rookie season. Best of luck.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Don't think any of us will miss him. He barely even got to play last season. Even if Gurley isn't playing week one, they still have Watts as the 3rd running back. We are fine. Still don't get why he got so little playing time after a nice rookie season. Best of luck.

Most reasonable post here. Good luck to him, Jets got a good player for dirt cheap. Now, back to the Rams.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Seriously? The Rams draft a somewhat controversial pick high in the first round and you think Stacy, Mason, Cunningham, and Watts are going to be able to do anything to keep him on the bench? It would take a herculean effort to keep Gurley on the bench, esp after the gushing we did. That would be like drafting Mariota and expecting Keenum to have a shot at the starting gig. The fact is that it's not going to be a competition.
Really? You think his OWN faults did not contribute to why his team has looked to add to/replace him? The guy couldn't run 3 plays in a row without tapping out. He fumbled the ball at the worse possible times ( noth that anytime is good) and then when he was being "taught" like most coaches would o .. about those things not being acceptable ... he sulks.

He did some good with us .. .but not THAT good. Guy needs to have more confidence in himself and more apprecitation to even being allowed to play pro ball, than to think he is "the man". He was "good" ... but he isn't Gurley .... nor Tre Mason good. Accept your role ... or go be "great" for some other mediocre team

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Really? You think his OWN faults did not contribute to why his team has looked to add to/replace him? The guy couldn't run 3 plays in a row without tapping out. He fumbled the ball at the worse possible times ( noth that anytime is good) and then when he was being "taught" like most coaches would o .. about those things not being acceptable ... he sulks.

He did some good with us .. .but not THAT good. Guy needs to have more confidence in himself and more apprecitation to even being allowed to play pro ball, than to think he is "the man". He was "good" ... but he isn't Gurley .... nor Tre Mason good. Accept your role ... or go be "great" for some other mediocre team

You have absolutely no idea if he sulks or not, unless you have a source in the locker room. Every single bit of this is opinion based on what exactly? You know for sure he "taps out"? Steven Jackson gave his entire heart to this team, meant nothing to us when he got old and slow. It's a business. He got a chance to start on a different team and we got value for him. This animosity is silly.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You have absolutely no idea if he sulks or not, unless you have a source in the locker room. Every single bit of this is opinion based on what exactly? You know for sure he "taps out"? Steven Jackson gave his entire heart to this team, meant nothing to us when he got old and slow. It's a business. He got a chance to start on a different team and we got value for him. This animosity is silly.
Sorry .. .guess You don't have eyes

Memento

Name
Jemma
Ya know what .. IF I was a PRO ... I would have to have the confidence in my own abilities, have enough knowledge about what it is my team wants to do and ENOUGH love for my team to be as good as they can be .. and be DAMN PROUD to be part of that .... if not ... I'm a selfish whiny BITCH ... just like he was last season when he fumbled, pulled himself out after ever 2-3 plays and then sulked when a teammate showed he could replace him.
If THAT is what you want on YOUR team .. then by all means ... go follow the Jets

And if your team had absolutely no use for you and decided to cut you anyway? You're basically saying that you would be exactly as uncompetitive as you claim that Stacy is. You'd accept having absolutely no opportunity to play just so long as you can take up a paycheck as a pro. What kind of competitiveness is that?

And as for the bolded part, how DARE you say that to me? I've bled with the Rams through their three good years and a whole bunch of shitty ones. I was born a Rams fan, I will die a Rams fan, no matter where they go, no matter what they do, no matter what happens to them. HOW DARE you question my fanhood with that horseshit?! HOW DARE you make assumptions about me when you don't have a goddamned clue about my life or who I am as a person?!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
And if your team had absolutely no use for you and decided to cut you anyway? You're basically saying that you would be exactly as uncompetitive as you claim that Stacy is. You'd accept having absolutely no opportunity to play just so long as you can take up a paycheck as a pro. What kind of competitiveness is that?

And as for the bolded part, how DARE you say that to me? I've bled with the Rams through their threee good years and a whole bunch of crappy ones. I was born a Rams fan, I will die a Rams fan, no matter where they go, no matter what they do, no matter what happens to them. HOW DARE you question my fanhood with that horseshit?! HOW DARE you make assumptions about me when you don't have a goddamned clue about my life or who I am as a person?!
I'm sorry for saying that about your fandom. My bad .. .bUT ... MY opinion is, I want guys who are willing to compete. He COULD have asked for a trade "privately" His SULKING was evident because it was REPORTED during the last season.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Great move, draft an injured RB when they are stacked at RB and and need OL and now we lose Stacy, A good RB. Way to go.....not

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Great move, draft an injured RB when they are stacked at RB and and need OL and now we lose Stacy, A good RB. Way to go.....not
Stacked? We had a solid RB corps but in no way shape or form were we stacked. Tre Mason is a nice complimentary back IMO and now with the Gurley pick, you could say we're stacked at the position now that we got our feature back.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
But you've got an imagination.
No .. it was reported that after his initial benching that he was sulking ... I personally WATCHED him tap himself out of games .. .and I'm sure at some point others here will confirm it and Fisher does NOT award guys who sulk.. You are either a team guy or you are not.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I would like to have gotten a trade vs the draft pick but oh well. I hope everyone stays healthy.
Stacy will have plenty to prove in his new town, good luck to him.

…..

Legend
This turn of events is quite entertaining. The front office shipped him out in short order. Well done Rams. Hope Zac has what it takes to prove he is worthy of his twitter comments. If he goes out there and contributes then good on him. If he falls flat, then yes he is a whiney biotch.