Rams Trade Stacy To Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I can kind of understand his viewpoint, the Rams having taken RBs high back to back after his productive rookie year. But what does it say about his confidence in his own talent that he doesn't even want to try to show that he's better than those guys?

Oh well, I would've liked to keep him around given Gurley's injury history and how much we'll be running the ball but he doesn't offer anything on special teams like Cunningham, Mason, Watts, Reynolds, or Pead so it's likely he might not have made the team anyway..

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
wellbyecurlybill.jpg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Why exactly is Stacy a whining bitch? Because he wanted a trade so that he could actually see the field? So that he could go to a team who would play him? That's not whining; that's looking out for his best interests.
People tend to forget that the 'it's a business' angle works for both parties.

If Stacy is a bitch for wanting to get out realizing he had no use to this team and wanted to take his talents to a team that needs him because 'he's not loyal." Then the Rams are just as much suspect for putting him down for Mason and Gurley when he gave them his best and great play.

Appreciating the business aspect of the NFL is not exclusive to the actual team. Stacy had every reason to ask for a trade, he offers no use to the Rams and they offer no use to him. Stacy doesn't have to sit on the bench behind 3 other backs just to prove how cool and loyal he is to us, this is not an affront to us or the front office.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can kind of understand his viewpoint, the Rams having taken RBs high back to back after his productive rookie year. But what does it say about his confidence in his own talent that he doesn't even want to try to show that he's better than those guys?

Oh well, I would've liked to keep him around given Gurley's injury history and how much we'll be running the ball but he doesn't offer anything on special teams like Cunningham, Mason, Watts, Reynolds, or Pead so it's likely he might not have made the team anyway..

The guy knows that Gurley, Mason, and Cunningham are past him on the depth chart. It says a lot about his knowledge of the situation he's in. He got himself a new opportunity, and we got a pick. Let's leave it at that.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Ok.. Let me clear the room before a stink causes us all to get crazy. I don't hate Stacy, yes he was a good RB for the Rams. However; he got overly sensitive just because of the Gurley pick. Just because your picked in the draft doesn't mean you will make the final roster. He did jump the gun and made it national due to a premature tweet. Social media what you say travels fast in this time of age.
Well, I'm glad he made the demand. Got us another draft pick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the Jets got a pretty good running back for the price of a 7th rounder.

Zac is going to do well there, I hope.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Ok.. Let me clear the room before a stink causes us all to get crazy. I don't hate Stacy, yes he was a good RB for the Rams. However; he got overly sensitive just because of the Gurley pick. Just because your picked in the draft doesn't mean you will make the final roster. He did jump the gun and made it national due to a premature tweet. Social media what you say travels fast in this time of age.

It's not about him making the final roster. It's about actually getting to play. I would hope that if any of you were talented enough to play in the NFL or any other professional sports league, that you would look out for your best interests. Running backs have a short shelf-life in this league. He did his part for the team. He owes us nothing. Vice versa. You can't have your cake and eat it as well.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It's not about him making the final roster. It's about actually getting to play. I would hope that if any of you were talented enough to play in the NFL or any other professional sports league, that you would look out for your best interests. Running backs have a short shelf-life in this league. He did his part for the team. He owes us nothing. Vice versa. You can't have your cake and eat it as well.

Whats done is done. Lets look forward to the next step and the 2015 season...Go Rams!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I took the "Yikes" comment negatively too...Don't say shit like that...welcome the competition...I wish we'd have cut him

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Bye you whining bitch

Wow. Smh. Can't believe that's how you and 4 other people feel about Zac.

The dude was nothing but a class act in STL. Getting phased out was not easy last year, but he took it like a team player. He already knew he was burried in the depth chart and the Gurley pick was the last straw. Can't blame the guy because he wants the chance to play.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I took the "Yikes" comment negatively too...Don't say crap like that...welcome the competition...I wish we'd have cut him

Then we'd be out a linebacker. Both parties got what they wanted. It was a mutual separation. Nothing more.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It's all about seeing his lack of competitiveness. If he doesn't have enough faith in himself to welcome 1) a competitive challenge in camp and 2) a way for his TEAM to get better ... .then by all means ... SEE YA!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
because the Rams just drafted a much better one.

In theory, yes. Who knows how Gurley comes back from the ACL though and he hasn't even played a snap in the NFL yet. I'm not doubting him or anything, he should be a star but you never know.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
People tend to forget that the 'it's a business' angle works for both parties.

If Stacy is a bitch for wanting to get out realizing he had no use to this team and wanted to take his talents to a team that needs him because 'he's not loyal." Then the Rams are just as much suspect for putting him down for Mason and Gurley when he gave them his best and great play.

Appreciating the business aspect of the NFL is not exclusive to the actual team. Stacy had every reason to ask for a trade, he offers no use to the Rams and they offer no use to him. Stacy doesn't have to sit on the bench behind 3 other backs just to prove how cool and loyal he is to us, this is not an affront to us or the front office.
Well said.