Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
This mantra gets old when you are 4 years in to your franchise QB's career and STILL NEVER GOT HIM A #1 receiver!
Shame on this establishment...AGAIN.

3/31/2014: Good bye Sammy Watkins, we refused to draft you now we'll have to defend ya for the next 15 year!!!!

By your logic why should the Rams draft Watkins when Bradford only has 2 years left on his contract? Time he peaks Bradford may be gone.
The only thing the Britt signing means is Pettis is out of a job, maybe.
If the Rams before or now were drafting Watkins even keeping Britt, they would have no problem cutting the one trick pony (Givens) or the guy that can't get his reads right and know the playbook ( Quick) for a chance at a real #1 WR, Watkins or Evans.
Since I'm getting inappropriate's for this, It's not about Bradford ....It's about the Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting to note that Britt and Cook were both drafted in the same class by Fisher in 2009. Britt in the 1st(30th overall) and J.Cook in the 3rd(89th).
Yep wondering if these two ex Titans will crank it up in St Louis together here as they re-hook back up. Never know might be something special. One thing Sam will have a cadre of taller bigger receivers with Cook 6-5, Quick 6-3, Pettis 6-3 & now Britt 6-3??? In addition many Mocks have us taking the 6-5 Evans @ 1.13 not sure why.

RFIP

You got me pegged wrong. My reaction will be a blank stair. They reaction you are looking for is the one when I first found out Britt was in the Rams plans. That was priceless!

Can you do me a favor?

Either be here with us live via chat during the draft or at least videotape your reaction to the Rams first pick.

PhxRam

You got me pegged wrong. My reaction will be a blank stair. They reaction you are looking for is the one when I first found out Britt was in the Rams plans. That was priceless!

I can imagine.. Just want to let you know I am just teasing you.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LOL how is it a "plus" if he's a ONE YEAR upgrade over Pettis, Givens or Quick? I'm an upgrade over those three!

And you are wrong, sitting at #2 they HAD Watkins right in the palm of their hands.

This is a bad signing on several fronts, and will be a worse one the day Britt garners his tenth arrest.

Just because we have the #2 slot does not mean we were taking watkins Period. All you can do is take a guess and wish this time a year. Need an example Ok fine

Many feel we will draft a OT with this pick
Others have same strong feeling for clowny
While others strongly feel it will be bes to trade out of this pick.

The only difference between those guys and you is they are not throwing a temper tantrum before we even know how the draft plays out. To me your reaction is crossing the lines into pd range.

You have no idea how things will play out or even if watkins will turn out a #1. All you can do is speculate.

Oh and really you don't see an upside if he is better then one of our recievers because you are better then them? Really faulty logic on your part. An upgrade over someone who you belive is no better then yourself who has never played a snap in the NFL Yea I believe that alone shows upside.

Go ahead keep tearing into the Rams as an organization if your that unhappy though there is a door right over there sir

jjab360

Legend
stair_with_missing_step.jpg

That's what a blank stair looks like, btw. ;)

RamsFan14

Starter

I get the frustration man, but I feel like the Rams have already invested in the position in the last 2 years and that we need to use the draft picks else where for the sake of the team. I think they are really relying on Tavan Austin to be the man at WR, with someone like Quick, Givens, or Britt stepping up on the outside. Sammy Watkins and Evans for that matter are great talents, but perhaps we need to pick up players on the OL and/or secondary to make the team more complete. I can't say I fully agree if they pass on a WR like Watkins or Evans, but I can understand if they want to give our current guys more time since we used draft picks on them.

Personally, I feel like the Britt signing takes us out of drafting Watkins and Evans (unless Watkins falls to #13). Rams can publicly deny the notion that the Britt signing doesn't mean they won't pick a WR in the first round, but I personally don't buy it simply based that Britt was a first round pick (he's 25 might I add) and that we have a bunch of drafted WRs in the last 2 years. Seems like Robinson/Mathews/(even)Clowney are the top choices for our first pick.

iced

Personally, I feel like the Britt signing takes us out of drafting Watkins and Evans (unless Watkins falls to #13). Rams can publicly deny the notion that the Britt signing doesn't mean they won't pick a WR in the first round, but I personally don't buy it simply based that Britt was a first round pick (he's 25 might I add) and that we have a bunch of drafted WRs in the last 2 years. Seems like Robinson/Mathews/(even)Clowney are the top choices for our first pick.

see that's what I don't get. because he's a 1st round pick, we ignore the last 3 years of under production and benching? Even though Titus Young didn't work out, I'm pretty sure his presence didn't affect us trading up for Tavon Austin when we signed him for that whole week.

Another thing to remember is the Rams Signed Jared Cook and Jake Long, drafted Tavon with the idea of trying to go to the spread (which suits bradford better) - question is are they going to revisit that concept now that sam's back?

Signing Britt is no different really than Young - taking a chance on a guy that has shown he can play within the past few years, low risk, high reward

RamsFan14

Starter
see that's what I don't get. because he's a 1st round pick, we ignore the last 3 years of under production and benching? Even though Titus Young didn't work out, I'm pretty sure his presence didn't affect us trading up for Tavon Austin when we signed him for that whole week.

Another thing to remember is the Rams Signed Jared Cook and Jake Long, drafted Tavon with the idea of trying to go to the spread (which suits bradford better) - question is are they going to revisit that concept now that sam's back?

Signing Britt is no different really than Young - taking a chance on a guy that has shown he can play within the past few years, low risk, high reward

I get your side of the argument, totally logical and fair. Yes Britt can be a similar signing to Young in a sense it doesn't affect our draft position, I just have a feeling the Rams are going to want to use that other first round pick on a position of need then take a WR (again). Granted WR is a position of need, the Rams with Fisher have drafted: Austin, Bailey, Givens, and Quick. 4 draft picks in the last 2 years on these guys, so I can see IIIFFF they want to give them more time to develop, they'll use the early pick on something else then WR. See what I mean?

Rams could very well draft Watkins or Evans even with the Britt signing, I just don't know if I buy it at this point. I would love the idea of getting Watkins or Evans, trust me! We'll see, it's my bold prediction.

iced

so I can see IIIFFF they want to give them more time to develop, they'll use the early pick on something else then WR. See what I mean?

they also said they wouldn't sign a veteran if they didn't feel he was a clear cut upgrade... so then why sign britt if they still want to give those players time to develop?

I think it shows a lack of confidence
Rams could very well draft Watkins or Evans even with the Britt signing, I just don't know if I buy it at this point. I would love the idea of getting Watkins or Evans, trust me! We'll see, it's my bold prediction.

yea I hope they do - who knows really this far out, too many variables - but i do know one thing: the only position that is officially crossed out that high is quarterback

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure how much this signing means really. They can come into camp with a whole lot more bodies than they end up with. Stan has given them the money and latitude to take some chances. They had a chance to pick up a receiver with some tremendous upside. Yeah - he has $550k guaranteed in him so he is more expensive than a couple of the other bodies they brought in. But in the grand scheme of things, those bodies don't mean they are any less likely to draft a DB, LB, or D-lineman. I don't think they are changing their board because of some lower level FA signings.

I never was in the draft Watkins camp but I still think he is a possibility. I felt all along they were going to try to beef up this line and get bigger/stronger/more talented along the line in some way. Maybe they are going to keep with their history and try to work with linemen from the later rounds. I'm not totally gripping if they do. I have my preferences. But I really am not going to act like they have no clue because they didn't do what I think is the obvious way to go. That's a little ridiculous even for a fan(atic).

And this whole FOJF thing? Really? What coach DOESN'T do that? They had those guys on their team because those guys were their kinds of players. They picked them before so it should be no surprise that they would try to get them again. And knowing a player's tendencies can give you a real head start with your QB/WR relationship.

I don't know what we are going to get with Britt. But he has the size and apparent talent for the #1 WR role. If he can be that guy, who would seriously WANT to use another high pick on a receiver? And I really don't get how picking a receiver at #2 is supporting Sam but picking an O-lineman isn't. Sam has shown he can hit these receivers. Now - how 'bout supporting him with a pocket he can actually set and throw from?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm down with the concept, 503. Let's load up on the big heavy's!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
they also said they wouldn't sign a veteran if they didn't feel he was a clear cut upgrade... so then why sign britt if they still want to give those players time to develop?

I think it shows a lack of confidence

Not sure your context is in line with what they were saying. I think that would be like saying they picked up Smith because he was a clear upgrade. They were able to bring in Britt on the cheap. They can kick the tires, see if he is who they thought he was before and in the mean time maybe push their other receivers with someone who has played the game at this level. They can still see what their current receivers have in comparison and make decisions based on even more information.

iced

Not sure your context is in line with what they were saying. I think that would be like saying they picked up Smith because he was a clear upgrade. They were able to bring in Britt on the cheap. They can kick the tires, see if he is who they thought he was before and in the mean time maybe push their other receivers with someone who has played the game at this level. They can still see what their current receivers have in comparison and make decisions based on even more information.

I agree with that - but my point is they obviously felt they needed more from the position now, and they didn't want to sign someone though unless he was an upgrade because they didn't want to take away reps from younger players... Then again we have no idea how it'll shake out in training camp.

I wouldn't be surprised though to see them go back to a more "spread concept" - that seemed to be the weaknesses of the teams in the NFC West, since they're all stout up the middle and in the front 7

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only reason I am not familiar with it is because I dont buy chicks drinks. They buy ME drinks if they want to get laid.

Juice boxes at the Merry Go Round don't count, that's cheating.

And 503 you know you are handing our beers to all the honies at your brew pub.......and if you aren't you need a new business plan LOL.

(i can help you with that hehehe)