Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1.4 mil but could reach 2.9 with incentives and 500k bonus

Alan

Legend
Good move. Let's see how he looks in TC.

Probably gonna be tough to beat out my man Veltung though. :lifting:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/31/kenny-britt-joins-the-rams-on-one-year-contract/

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 31, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
kenny-britt.jpg
Getty Images
Kenny Britt and Jeff Fisher will reunite in St. Louis.

Britt, the free agent wide receiver who has played his entire five-year career in Tennessee, has agreed to a contract with the Rams, a league source tells PFT. It’s a one-year contract.

Fisher, the Rams’ head coach, was the head coach of the Titans when they selected Britt in the first round of the 2009 NFL draft, and coached Britt for two years. Britt has had his share of off-field problems, but Fisher clearly believes that Britt’s talent outweighs those concerns.

Last season the Titans largely phased Britt out of their offense, and he caught just 11 passes for 96 yards. But Britt had more than 700 receiving yards in both of his seasons playing for Fisher, and the Rams would love to see Britt provide that kind of production again.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Great move. Hopefully Fisher can get his head on straight because he's a beast when he puts his mind to it.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I never did care much for him. But applaud the Rams for trying to upgrade the team anyway they can. Either It works or it doesn't. Got to have some faith in the front office.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Now; if he sticks... Who's the odd man out? Or do we carry 6?

Austin
Quick
Bailey
Givens
Pettis

Me; I think we carry 6.

And... I suspect we might still draft another.

FRO

Legend
If he fails, what does it hurt? He has great potential and is barely older than Quick. Hope his knee isn't toast though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
$550k guaranteed is a good deal for the Rams. Puts a lot of pressure on Britt to perform and stay clean.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I would have liked to seen an option year added. But only $550K guaranteed.... Not bad.. Goodbye Sammy..

Alan

Legend
jjab360 not able to recognize a future star when he sees one:
What's up with you and Veltung, lol?
Are you saying you wouldn't root for this underdog?
upload_2014-3-31_19-48-33.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-31_19-52-51.jpeg
    upload_2014-3-31_19-52-51.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 215

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think if Fisher wants to give it a go this is a club friendly contract that could be terminated and not have a huge affect on the bottom line. I don't know what it might mean for the team in terms of draft and how many they carry into regular season. If Britt makes it how do they get another high level rookie in with the other guys? Cut Pettis? Tough decisions but should lead to an improved team.