Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Fair enough- so it isnt even a possibility? got it. Im not saying it is a smokescreen- Im saying its possible.
I seriously doubt Fisher would waste Britt's time with BS like that. He was brought in to have a chance to compete to make the team, it really is that simple.

tbux

Rookie
I am sure Fisher wants nothing more than for Britt to straighten up, and be dedicated and injury free- but make no mistake- that is a longshot and anyone knows that. WHich is why the easy out clause- and it is def possible that the smokescreen factor was part of it as well. Makes perfect sense.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Fair enough- so it isnt even a possibility? got it. Im not saying it is a smokescreen- Im saying its possible.

Why would the rams need to put up a smoke screen to land Watkins? if they want him he will be there at 2.....

tbux

Rookie
Because the plan most assuredly is to trade down. If we trade down to say 5 for example- it could prevent someone at 6-10 from trading over us assuming we are set at wr and are going another direction. We arent staying at 2- I would bet the farm on that. When we did the RGIII deal- we wanted Blackmon bad and everyone knew it- and that is why we got jumped. I think he may be trying to avoid that scenario.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I sure am glad the Jags jumped us Blackmons been suspended for half the time hes been in the league.

iced

I sure am glad the Jags jumped us Blackmons been suspended for half the time hes been in the league.

yea but it's fair to speculate how would blackmon have performed here.. Fisher's direction and the way he handles rookies is one of the best I've seen, imo. Look at Janoris, Tru, ogletree, etc.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
yea but it's fair to speculate how would blackmon have performed here.. Fisher's direction and the way he handles rookies is one of the best I've seen, imo. Look at Janoris, Tru, ogletree, etc.

or maybe fisher just has a secret potion to keep the weed out of there systems.

iced

or maybe fisher just has a secret potion to keep the weed out of there systems.

Except doesn't like 60% of the NFL smoke? They make it easy to pass the tests - it's only the idiots that get caught..

the ones that scare me are the drinkers, all night partiers, and DUI's.

iced

hell I think 75% of americans smoke so It may be higher than that.

eeehhh I don't know I believe that yet.. there's still a fair amount of prudes and people throwing out misguided information while trying to pass it off as fact (like "Gateway drug"). Lol only thing that ever lead to was the fridge.

black Friday caused more deaths than the first day bud was legalized :D

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Kenny Britt stat of 2013 (RECENT): 6 (that's SIX) yards after contact, 7 (SEVEN) drops!

This to go with 9 (NINE arrests) and multiple knee injures.

An awful signing.

He was targeted a total of 35 THATS THIRTY FIVE TIMES. OMG WTF BBQ.

Why don't we just go over the stats of how horrible all the Rams FA signings are outside of Saffold? This isn't that big of a deal. It's a 1 year contract. I don't think we need to get too dramatic over it.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm just wondering how many of our posters intentionally push their family members buttons? How does that work out for you when you do that? I kind of like to think of the ROD as a community/tribe/family and I fail to see what's being gained by intentionally pushing the buttons of our fellow RODites.

Very disappointing. I think I'll take a week or so off to clear my head.
I personally kinda of like to think of ROD members in a tuxedo shirt which kinda like says," I wanna be formal but I'm hear to party because I like to party"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just wondering how many of our posters intentionally push their family members buttons? How does that work out for you when you do that? I kind of like to think of the ROD as a community/tribe/family and I fail to see what's being gained by intentionally pushing the buttons of our fellow RODites.

That's what we do in my family. :)

iced

That's what we do in my family. :)
Lol right.. "Boys will be boys".

Lol Alan - I think it's just how guys interact...you should see the crap we pulled on deployment - I'm not admitting or denying that there may have been a few people saran wrapped/duct taped to their beds when they woke up :D

iced

I disagree. If they didn't want him Fisher wouldn't have gotten pissed and slammed his glasses when the jags took him

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree. If they didn't want him Fisher wouldn't have gotten pissed and slammed his glasses when the jags took him

He might have already had a deal in place with another team that wanted Blackmon. And he was pissed that deal fell through.

That would be more plausible since the goal was to gain as many picks as possible their first season with the rams.

iced

He might have already had a deal in place with another team that wanted Blackmon. And he was pissed that deal fell through.

That would be more plausible since the goal was to gain as many picks as possible their first season with the rams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--r...-were-drafted.html;_ylt=AuH7It1abQTWn2pv53ZSz

The Bucs, Fisher and Snead believed, weren't likely to select Blackmon. When the Rams' IT director, Bill Consoli, announced that the Jags had traded up for the fifth pick (information that was revealed in the war room minutes before television viewers received the news, as Consoli was communicating with counterparts from the league's 31 other franchises), Fisher slammed his eyeglasses onto the table and uttered a one-syllable expletive.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Could mean either speculation has merit. We will never know which is true.