Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
You say that like its fact when we BOTH know its your opinion. MY opinion is that he is a generational talent, and MY view is backed by several others.

What just a minute. Who else believes that Sammy Watkins in a generational talent?????

Alan

Legend
I'm just wondering how many of our posters intentionally push their family members buttons? How does that work out for you when you do that? I kind of like to think of the ROD as a community/tribe/family and I fail to see what's being gained by intentionally pushing the buttons of our fellow RODites.

Very disappointing. I think I'll take a week or so off to clear my head.

tbux

Rookie
Although the contract has yet to be filed to the NFL Players Association website, league sources told the Post-Dispatch that only $150,000 of wide receiver Kenny Britt’s contract is guaranteed if he’s released before the first game of the regular season.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/recent-rams-signee-arrested-for-probation-violation/article_cba8b0c0-d8f4-5af6-b061-0dd806ab4e29.html

which further lends to the smokescreen theory. Britt is a low risk - possible medium reward signing. IF he stays healthy and IF he stays out of trouble- could be good. Thing is, you start bringing in too many off field issues players, and it will infiltrate your locker room like a cancer. He starts hanging with Janoris, then we may have a bigger issue etc. There is a reason character is a main concern when drafting players etc- too many rotten apples spoil the bunch. I think Britt has almost no bearing on who we are targeting in the draft both before and after his signing.

Memphis Ram

Legend
which further lends to the smokescreen theory. Britt is a low risk - possible medium reward signing. IF he stays healthy and IF he stays out of trouble- could be good. Thing is, you start bringing in too many off field issues players, and it will infiltrate your locker room like a cancer. He starts hanging with Janoris, then we may have a bigger issue etc. There is a reason character is a main concern when drafting players etc- too many rotten apples spoil the bunch. I think Britt has almost no bearing on who we are targeting in the draft both before and after his signing.

Quite frankly, I believe that the vast majority of smokescreen stuff is fan and media based, while the actual teams hardly consider such stuff.

tbux

Rookie
Quite frankly, I believe that the vast majority of smokescreen stuff is fan and media based, while the actual teams hardly consider such stuff.

well I guess we will find out soon enough- if we draft Watkins, then release Britt- what will you say then?

tbux

Rookie
$150,000 to help get the guy you want- not bad- of course this wasn't the sole reason we took him- there are a myriad of reasons why. I'm saying smokescreen could have easily played into it. Britt isn't the answer for our wr issues- that is for sure- he is both insurance and a reasonable gamble. Odds of him returning to form, not getting reinjured, and staying out of trouble are slim- I think everyone knows that. If the goal was to trade down and try and still get Watkins- this helps- if we lose our of Watkins (again if that was who we wanted) then Britt helps soften that blow a bit. If we then get Watkins in a trade down- Im betting unless Britt looks amazing, he will be gone.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Yeah, it's called overthinking. Reading too much into every word. Etc.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenny Britt stat of 2013 (RECENT): 6 (that's SIX) yards after contact, 7 (SEVEN) drops!

This to go with 9 (NINE arrests) and multiple knee injures.

An awful signing.

Honestly this is blatant trolling at this point. You hate the kenny britt signing. we get it. he's now part of our team, move on. stop trying to bring everyone else down.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Yeah, it's called overthinking. Reading too much into every word. Etc.
That's one of the reasons why I hate the fact that the draft has been moved back a month: another month of hype, speculation and draftnik waffle.

The other reason is because players, once drafted, will have one month less to get used to the demands of being in the NFL, both physical and mental.

If anything, the draft should be earlier, not later.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's one of the reasons why I hate the fact that the draft has been moved back a month: another month of hype, speculation and draftnik waffle.

The other reason is because players, once drafted, will have one month less to get used to the demands of being in the NFL, both physical and mental.

If anything, the draft should be earlier, not later.

That's a good point; Less time for players to get adjusted to the NFL.

I thought the league was trying harder to care for the players?

PhxRam

I'm just wondering how many of our posters intentionally push their family members buttons? How does that work out for you when you do that? I kind of like to think of the ROD as a community/tribe/family and I fail to see what's being gained by intentionally pushing the buttons of our fellow RODites.

Very disappointing. I think I'll take a week or so off to clear my head.

Permission denied. :love:

tbux

Rookie
Do people think smokescreens arent possible? I have no idea if this was or wasnor if it was part of the process, but you dont find it curious that they can release him before the season at only a 150k hit? I dont think it was the sole reason for him here, I think it could have surely been part of the process.

Memphis Ram

Legend
well I guess we will find out soon enough- if we draft Watkins, then release Britt- what will you say then?

I'll say that Britt either did something stupid or didn't pan out on the field. Nothing more. Nothing less.

tbux

Rookie
I'll say that Britt either did something stupid or didn't pan out on the field. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Fair enough- so it isnt even a possibility? got it. Im not saying it is a smokescreen- Im saying its possible.