Rams sign Kenny Britt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have good enough vision. That won't be a problem. Sammy Watkins just isn't a make or break this team type talent. He's not an once in a generation player like Calvin. He's a great WR prospect...but not a truly elite one.

RFIP

I have good enough vision. That won't be a problem. Sammy Watkins just isn't a make or break this team type talent. He's not an once in a generation player like Calvin. He's a great WR prospect...but not a truly elite one.

You say that like its fact when we BOTH know its your opinion. MY opinion is that he is a generational talent, and MY view is backed by several others.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You say that like its fact when we BOTH know its your opinion. MY opinion is that he is a generational talent, and MY view is backed by several others.

It is my opinion. As far as your view being backed by several others...I don't care. Although I doubt there are many people out there honestly calling Watkins a generational talent.

Guy isn't even the best WR prospect of the past 5 years...or the second best. I've seen some people claim he's the best since AJ Green and Julio...but that was 2011. That's a difference of 2 draft classes. That's not a generation.

lockdnram21

Legend

Dude hes been compared to Torrey Smith, He efen made that comparison about his self. He runs all the same routes as Givens. Givens is going to bounce back. I expect everybody to take a step. All Bailey need is clock he did score 25tds in a season. we got receivers we need OL DBS

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Huh? Now that is one I haven't heard. I've heard him compared to Jones and Green but generational is a pretty lofty claim. Who might these others be?

jjab360

Legend
No offense, but I don't think you know what "generational talent" actually means.

Hint: It doesn't mean every 2 or 3 years and I would argue strongly against even that contention.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow. What? His opinion is backed by 80+% of this very board. You need to stop smokin the Watkins weed. You have just about reached troll proportions...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Peeps may not agree with RFIP, but let's keep things civil. I love the passion and opinion. No lines crossed in doing so.

The Rams added Austin, but our franchise QB continually gets scrutinized when we all know he's been given less than ideal talent to work with since joining the Rams.

For this reason, I see a player like Watkins as very appealing to supporting our QB and ultimately the offense - beyond 2014.

I am not picking sides. I'd probably go OT early, if not Clowney.

But I can see why Watkins would be a good pick as well.

Building a team is like chess. The easy answer isn't all that easy.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Just watched every reception Britt had from 2010 to present. NFL.com replay doesn't offer the "plays" option in 2010 so I skipped some of his best season even.

Can run every route in the book, and run them well. Physical and will fight for the ball. QB play has most definitely been a limit to his success in the league so far. Looked to be slowed by the injuries kinda later on like some said. Even more so though he seemed frustrated and had a lack of drive on the field. Something he had plenty of earlier in his career. I think this was more physiological than anything. He was being affected by all the off the field shit, and the Titans were phasing him out of the offense.

I think overall when people think of Britt in his hay day they think of a tall fast receiver that shitty Titan QBs could close their eyes and throw a deep jump ball to that he could go get. Yes, he was that, but he was A LOT more. Like I said he ran and sold every route in the book very well. He was physical and would fight for yac, jump balls, balls over the middle, and most important HE COULD NOT BE PRESSED. He might of lost some of his speed, but what worries me more are his hands. Some of the drops came from terrible throws out of the QB position, but they were still there.

Bottom line is this is pretty much a no lose situation. Let's not get our hopes up, but if he can stay healthy and out of trouble we really might have something here. This is pretty much his last chance. Hopefully he's matured enough to take advantage of it. Comes off as having a slight entitlement complex, and a bit negative, but a change of scenery could help all of that. He's still young, and our locker room will be good for him. I also think he's really going to appreciate catching balls from a real QB for once.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I also heard ESPN saying the Rams have a step by step approach to developing Britt. A few were getting his knee even more rehabbed, getting him in fighting shape, and getting him to play some STs. Something that could be good for him I guess.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm curious about why the NE Patsies failed Britt's physical when he was visiting teams a week ago.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
As you may all know, I've never been a big fan of this signing, but $550k guaranteed IS CHEAP! And if he's all firing then he'll be a great in the mix of things for our receiving corps and as he's on a "you want more money - prove it" contract which i think is the best way to treat him - so...

Welcome Kenny, stay clean, play hard and enjoy your time with the Rams!

RFIP

Kenny Britt stat of 2013 (RECENT): 6 (that's SIX) yards after contact, 7 (SEVEN) drops!

This to go with 9 (NINE arrests) and multiple knee injures.

An awful signing.

Just watched every reception Britt had from 2010 to present. NFL.com replay doesn't offer the "plays" option in 2010 so I skipped some of his best season even.

Can run every route in the book, and run them well. Physical and will fight for the ball. QB play has most definitely been a limit to his success in the league so far. Looked to be slowed by the injuries kinda later on like some said. Even more so though he seemed frustrated and had a lack of drive on the field. Something he had plenty of earlier in his career. I think this was more physiological than anything. He was being affected by all the off the field crap, and the Titans were phasing him out of the offense.

I think overall when people think of Britt in his hay day they think of a tall fast receiver that crappy Titan QBs could close their eyes and throw a deep jump ball to that he could go get. Yes, he was that, but he was A LOT more. Like I said he ran and sold every route in the book very well. He was physical and would fight for yac, jump balls, balls over the middle, and most important HE COULD NOT BE PRESSED. He might of lost some of his speed, but what worries me more are his hands. Some of the drops came from terrible throws out of the QB position, but they were still there.

Bottom line is this is pretty much a no lose situation. Let's not get our hopes up, but if he can stay healthy and out of trouble we really might have something here. This is pretty much his last chance. Hopefully he's matured enough to take advantage of it. Comes off as having a slight entitlement complex, and a bit negative, but a change of scenery could help all of that. He's still young, and our locker room will be good for him. I also think he's really going to appreciate catching balls from a real QB for once.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he's a Ram now regardless of what you or I think.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kenny Britt stat of 2013 (RECENT): 6 (that's SIX) yards after contact, 7 (SEVEN) drops!

This to go with 9 (NINE arrests) and multiple knee injures.

An awful signing.

how did Randy Moss look at Oakland before the patriots signed him?

Sometimes a change in scenery is the best thing that can happen to a player.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RFIP this is your annual "they aren't doing enough to help Bradford" rant. I've seen this for a few drafts. It gets worse every year.

What's next.......I need a new sideshow. This one I've seen a few times.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm curious about why the NE Patsies failed Britt's physical when he was visiting teams a week ago.

Amendolaitis: a fear of signing wrs. who have a history of injury that can cloud the judgement
or maybe Hernandezosis: the fear a character issue in a player can become fatal.

I watched some stuff on Britt too and I was very pleased with his speed and that he high points the ball so enthusiastically sometimes he jumps when he doesn't need to.
I also like how he can use his body to redirect a DB and gain separation forcing Richard Sherman to hold him, all in all , I see what the Rams want to get him back to and if they succeed he can be as good as any we have.

Givens is going to bounce back. I expect everybody to take a step. All Bailey need is clock he did score 25tds in a season. we got receivers we need OL DBS

Long is going to be back game 1, Jones is going to show why people considered him a first round talent prior to his foot injury, Saffold will be healthy all season now he's playing OG. we got OL we need WR, DBs.