Rams Reportedly Pursuing Terrelle Pryor/Signed by Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily McVay already said the Rams will platoon at that position to replace Watkins. After they cut Tavon they will have 5 WRs and will need to carry at least 6. Outside of Woods no WR on the roster has played more than 2 seasons, so I wouldn't hurt to add a vet even if its raw one like Pryor.
With tavon gone, i feel that opens up more plays for Cooper, he's a better fit than pryor, thomas or reynolds for the schemes Austin played. Im not really sure how much a qb turned receiver will help 2 players that have been receivers their entire careers, im not against bringing him in, I just don't know how much he will help our current receivers. Also this will be Thomas's 3rd year, 2nd in mcvays offense.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
No. He's a malcontent who keeps getting suspended.

How bout we trade tavon and a 5th for Bryant. I'm not up on his suspension history except for 2016. He had a great 2015 and looked like he was going to have a monster 2016 before the drug bust. By the time 2017 plays out Schuster basically suplants him. I would hope this experience has been a learning one and that he won't get himself suspended again. Then again he would be moving to a weed legal state.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How bout we trade tavon and a 5th for Bryant. I'm not up on his suspension history except for 2016. He had a great 2015 and looked like he was going to have a monster 2016 before the drug bust. By the time 2017 plays out Schuster basically suplants him. I would hope this experience has been a learning one and that he won't get himself suspended again. Then again he would be moving to a weed legal state.

We don't have a fifth rounder this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't want Bryant, period. He has a one year suspension hanging over his head the next time he fails a drug test, and he's attacked teammates over twitter because he's upset he's not getting the ball more. The guy isn't talented enough to be worth it. If you want a super talented but troubled player, spend a 4th on Antonio Callaway imo.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I don't want Bryant, period. He has a one year suspension hanging over his head the next time he fails a drug test, and he's attacked teammates over twitter because he's upset he's not getting the ball more. The guy isn't talented enough to be worth it. If you want a super talented but troubled player, spend a 4th on Antonio Callaway imo.

Well the Twitter deal is a big red flag on two levels so I guess I'm back to wanting jordy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same offense as ours, no? And he couldn't figure it out....I'm all about speed and size but if he couldn't get going with Gruden....and Cousins....meh

Considering McVay's relationships with the coaches in Washington, I expect he'd have a better idea than we would of whether that was a real issue.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Joe Barry was the DC and Pleasant helped coach DBs when Pryor had a pretty good game against Josh Norman in 2016. They also had to study him this year when the Rams played the Skins. They probably studied his Browns tape since the Skins game was so early in the year. Additionally, he probably also came up when they were studying Peters. Pryor's game against the chiefs was Pryor's best performance last season and one of the few instances Peters surrendered a TD. McVay and Waldron probably studied him less during their time with the Skins, but they know alot of people who have been around him as former members of the Skins offensive coaching staff.

They are looking at tapes from all the FA’s at there position. Kromer the same as of last year along with the draft.

When was the last time The Rams played the Bengals ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams have a budget. They want an additional WR to do certain things, but likely won't play as much as Kupp or Woods, but will split time with Reynolds instead. So you look for a talented bargain instead, on a prove it deal. It's part of roster management. You can't pay everybody like they're stars. You shouldn't pay role players like they are starters.
Well then Pryor would be a no go !!

I was jut surprised he was not signed , & thought he could be a good fit. Last year I’m sure McVay was interested.

With what your saying though is a little BS , because there was a point The Rams wanted Sammy Watkins resigned. There was a price range there.
Then again the value of a comp pick & upside of Reynolds , Copper & Thomas might be good enough. What to do with Tavon ??

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think a lot of us are down with taking a shot with him at a price. I doubt our price matches what others will pay for him though.

SaCkaveli20

Rookie
Name
Chris
My wife is a Browns fan (yuck) So I watched him a lot a couple of years ago. He is insanely talented. I see this as a low risk VERY high reward. He had NOTHING in Cleveland, and he was amazing. I think we should absolutely bring him on board. I absolutely 100% believe that McVay can get the most out of any player he coaches. If McVay was still in Washington, Pryor would have been resigned. I truly believe that.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Martavis Bryant isn't a fun, fiery type like Talib. He's a straight up cancer. Hard pass.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ok, I'll admit, I didn't realize he was that fast.
Change my "please no" to a "if the Rams think he's worth it, I'm on board"

He won't come with a huge pricetag and the upside is excellent.

Even if he is just another weapon it's worth it, this O requires it.

He doesn't have to be that foolish "True #1 WR" that people have a boner over. And that doesn't matter in this system.

ausmurp

Starter
Ok, I'll admit, I didn't realize he was that fast.
Change my "please no" to a "if the Rams think he's worth it, I'm on board"

Over a fifth of a second makes you change your mind? Lol. Pryor is not as fast in game as Watkins, that is clear on tape.