Rams Reportedly Pursuing Terrelle Pryor/Signed by Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I honestly Don’t have any interest. The dude has ridiculous talent but from everything I’ve heard, is a complete turd. I dont Want that kind of distraction. The last thing this team needs is a punk like Pryor in Goff’s ear.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Not saying to sign him but weren't the Rams, the 49ers, and the Browns the only teams interested in signing Marcus Peters as well?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly Don’t have any interest. The dude has ridiculous talent but from everything I’ve heard, is a complete turd. I dont Want that kind of distraction. The last thing this team needs is a punk like Pryor in Goff’s ear.

Pryor in Goff's ear is the least of my concerns. Goff is a leader. Pryor having issues with Talib or Peters would be a bigger concern to me.

No thanks. I'd rather go after Eifert at this point of free agency.

I totally forgot about Eifert. He'd be a good signing on a "prove it" deal.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No thanks. I'd rather go after Eifert at this point of free agency.

Eifert far too injury prone and I don't quite understand why anyone would want to take a chance on him unless you had a bonafide TE in house.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Most of those throws on the highlight videos were horrible. Pryor makes plays, he would make jareds life easy in the red zone

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally forgot about Eifert. He'd be a good signing on a "prove it" deal.

I'm torn on that. His 2015 was excellent. But he can't stay healthy - since his rookie season he has averaged 6 games a season, and I don't know if a roster spot should be spent on someone like that. It would need to be a pretty cheap contract, perhaps with game day roster bonuses for the vast majority of the value. Otherwise, it's better to have somebody you can count on to play.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Eifert far too injury prone and I don't quite understand why anyone would want to take a chance on him unless you had a bonafide TE in house.

To be fair most said the same things about Sullivan last year. Everyone thought he was damaged goods. Eifert is definitely risky, but man hes top 5 TE talent and a redzone weapon when healthy. Worst case scenario if we signed him is we go back to what we had last year (albeit with a extra year of experience). I doubt he gets anything more than a 1 year prove it deal like Sullivan got from us last year.

nanotech

Rookie
He doesn't have a PED suspension facing him, he doesn't have a drug charge facing him, he doesn't have a women beating charge facing him, he doesn't have a DWI charge facing him does he? if not, in today's world that is pretty good. If he can help, go for it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
To be fair most said the same things about Sullivan last year. Everyone thought he was damaged goods. .

Prior to Sullivan's back injury, he was one of the most durable centers in the NFL for a number of years with the Vikings and after finally getting surgery, it took a two years to recover, which is considered the appropriate time for the surgery he had.

Tyler Eifert has played a total of 39 games in 5 years, he has never put together double digit games in back to back years, that is history I would avoid at all costs IMHO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm torn on that. His 2015 was excellent. But he can't stay healthy - since his rookie season he has averaged 6 games a season, and I don't know if a roster spot should be spent on someone like that. It would need to be a pretty cheap contract, perhaps with game day roster bonuses for the vast majority of the value. Otherwise, it's better to have somebody you can count on to play.

We still have Higbee and Everett. If he gets injured, we're no worse for the wear.

…..

Legend
After watching this dude run sorry ass routes for the Redskins, I can confidently say he's the one receiver I did not want,

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Prior to Sullivan's back injury, he was one of the most durable centers in the NFL for a number of years with the Vikings and after finally getting surgery, it took a two years to recover, which is considered the appropriate time for the surgery he had.

Tyler Eifert has played a total of 39 games in 5 years, he has never put together double digit games in back to back years, that is history I would avoid at all costs IMHO.

IMO, give him a one year deal with $3 million in base salary, a $1 million signing bonus, bonuses for each game he's active that total $2 million for 16 games, and $1 million or $2 million in incentives. If he gets hurt, as I said before, we're no worse for the wear except for that $4 million. I think $4 million is worth the risk considering how much money we have right now.

And if his market is truly atrocious, we could get away with paying him even less.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Pryor would be a great fit on the Rams. He could be had for $4-$5M or maybe less. Would be a lot better at his price than whatever it would have cost to bring SW back.

He is a burner. He would have the same role as SW.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd pass. Pryor is another athlete trying to play football. He is not a good route runner, concentration is not great, and a prima Donna personality. Blah. He won't be happy on any of the three teams pursuing him because two spread the ball around a lot, just like Washington. Cleveland has two good targets already. He won't be the man on any of them. It i won't lead to his 60 million dollar deal like he hopes.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Pryor would be a great fit on the Rams. He could be had for $4-$5M or maybe less. Would be a lot better at his price than whatever it would have cost to bring SW back.

He is a burner. He would have the same role as SW.
Pryor is fast, but not as fast as Watkins. But what Pryor has is size at 6'4" to go along with his speed. Which is why, instead of him running down the field on the outside verses fast DB's, you have Pryor go inside of them down the field, and let his size prevent defenders from being able to make a play for the ball; something that neither Washington nor Cleveland did.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We still have Higbee and Everett. If he gets injured, we're no worse for the wear.

Except for the wasted roster spot. And the $4 million you suggested paying him even if he can't play. And up to $6 million if he can play, just not well. and $8 million if he can actually play well.

I would love to have 2015 caliber Eifert on the Rams - injuries have likely sapped him, and he's never shown much ability to be healthy. He would need to come cheaper than you suggest, for the risk to be worthwhile. The Rams have a lot of needs, and since they want to frontload AD's contract supposedly, not a lot of room to gamble millions.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Been reading up on Pryor, it does seem that he took his benching like a pro. If we were to sign him, I just don't want to see any funny money thrown at him.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Except for the wasted roster spot. And the $4 million you suggested paying him even if he can't play. And up to $6 million if he can play, just not well. and $8 million if he can actually play well.

I would love to have 2015 caliber Eifert on the Rams - injuries have likely sapped him, and he's never shown much ability to be healthy. He would need to come cheaper than you suggest, for the risk to be worthwhile. The Rams have a lot of needs, and since they want to frontload AD's contract supposedly, not a lot of room to gamble millions.
With all due respect, we may not know the actual story on Eifert's past injuries, in particular and most recently his back, which he says is "fixed." I would like to see the Rams get a real medical assessment. If he's healthy he's our best shot at a redzone weapon. I think he could light it up with Goff. Not opposed to Pryor either if McVay has a plan for him.