Rams re-sign DeMarcus Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thrilled he’s back, figured he would be.
5 mill is a healthy chunk of change, he wouldn’t sniff that on the open market.
I could still see them drafting a WR with the 1st rounder, this signing doesn’t change that.
Tutu on some pretty thin ice right now

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
5 million seems like a bargain for him.
He made 5 million in his last 4 seasons combined
I'm thrilled to have him back but the idea that he's a bargain is a little silly to me.
Alas, it's great news nonetheless

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He made 5 million in his last 4 seasons combined
I'm thrilled to have him back but the idea that he's a bargain is a little silly to me.
Alas, it's great news nonetheless
Based on how high the salary cap went, it's a bargain. Can't compare past salaries since the pay rate for NFL players in general keeps going up. But I agree, still great news.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm right there with you on this guy.
Rams need some juice in the return game and could use a guy who's more of a bigger gadget player. He seems likely to last until the late 5th.
I can't see anything in his game that I don't like.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thrilled he’s back, figured he would be.
5 mill is a healthy chunk of change, he wouldn’t sniff that on the open market.
I could still see them drafting a WR with the 1st rounder, this signing doesn’t change that.
Tutu on some pretty thin ice right now

I don’t think there’s any chance The Rams draft WR in the first round except for Harrison jr.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Robinson contract came-out on OTC and Spotrac.

It's actually a $4M contract, with another $1M in Player and Team incentives that can raise it to $5M.

The $4M is $2.5M salary, and $1.5M bonus. The Bonus is the only guaranteed-$. The 2024 cap hit is $4M.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The Robinson contract came-out on OTC and Spotrac.

It's actually a $4M contract, with another $1M in Player and Team incentives that can raise it to $5M.

The $4M is $2.5M salary, and $1.5M bonus. The Bonus is the only guaranteed-$. The 2024 cap hit is $4M.
In his last 5 games, he had 319 yards on 21 receptions (15.1) with 4 TDs. 64 yds per game is a pace of 1085 yards for a season. Awesome numbers for a #3 WR. $4 mil certainly seems like a bargain there. I don't see a team like Atlanta, New England, Carolina (read: sans a legit NFL QB) giving him $4 mil but he's definitely worth that to the Rams.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In his last 5 games, he had 319 yards on 21 receptions (15.1) with 4 TDs. 64 yds per game is a pace of 1085 yards for a season. Awesome numbers for a #3 WR. $4 mil certainly seems like a bargain there. I don't see a team like Atlanta, New England, Carolina (read: sans a legit NFL QB) giving him $4 mil but he's definitely worth that to the Rams.
I also like the Incentives component.

According to Spotrac, Robinson gets $500,000 if he plays 50% of the snaps. That's great for the Rams. Should Robinson continue to be the #3 WR, he should get half the snaps because McVay plays so much 11 Personnel. Should Kupp or Nacua go down, and Robinson is the guy to step-in, he would also easily get half the snaps.

The other $500,000 in incentives is Team-based. He gets that $ if the Total Offense Rating improves, or if the Rams make the playoffs. Offense success / Team success ... more money.

Even the low-guaranteed-$ ($1.5M Bonus) is a plus. Assume a worst case scenario, and Robinson falls-in with a Bad Crowd (like @Loyal and his band of miscreants), the Rams could let him go with a minimal $1.5M cap-hit.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
@Allen2McVay...

Plus, look around the NFL. What's a good #3 WR get in salary? Boyd played for 8 mil per the last 3 years. Of course that's because Higgins and Chase were on rookie deals. The Rams are paying Kupp #1 money, (15 mil/29 mil cap hit), Puka rookie money, so 4 mil for Robinson is a bargain (and Tutu is set to earn 1.8 as the #4). Look at the Chargers. Allen had cap hits of 19 and 12 the last 2 years and that jumps to 34 in 2024. Williams had cap hits of 14 and 13 the last 2 years. His jumps to 32 mil this year (and surely he'll be a cap casualty with his injury history). Josh Palmer is set to earn 3.1 this year. (3.3 cap hit). Q Johnson 2.6 (4.5 mil cap hit). Hell 4 mil (5 mil total with incentives) ain't a bad deal, particularly with the way Robinson finished the season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’d take Odunze or Nabers in a heartbeat, but neither will last to pick #19.
Yeah we would need one of them to run a slow 40. Also there is no way Nabers slides. He could refuse to run and still he's off the board quick because his film is clear.

Harrison I am not certain runs a top 40 time. His game is not speed. His game is size and smart positioning and giving you access to real estate across the middle. Those things are very valuable too. But by themselves they're not top 5 valuable. For him to end up going where everyone assumes he will go, that requires at the very least a top 40 time so teams can project him to stretching the field on nines and posts. Because you can get big possession receivers well into every draft. Look at Kupp & Nacua.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’d take Odunze or Nabers in a heartbeat, but neither will last to pick #19.

Well - there’s NO WAY from “”””” that The Rams draft either of those guys in the first round.IMO if they are gone before The Rams it will be an AWESOME DAY 1 !!!

We can put some Rod dollars on it,but I’m 1’000 % certain The Rams don’t draft either of those 2 players in the first RD. Especially with a bunch of other needs & add this Demarcus Robinson sign.

WR’s use to not even go in the first RD. Think Quick & Avery ?? Just off my head & might have not been the first WR chosen ,but maybe 2nd.

You look at Kupp - Pucka - Reynolds - Givens. Bailey -
K. Button. All were nice finds later in the draft by The Rams.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well - there’s NO WAY from “”””” that The Rams draft either of those guys in the first round.IMO if they are gone before The Rams it will be an AWESOME DAY 1 !!!

We can put some Rod dollars on it,but I’m 1’000 % certain The Rams don’t draft either of those 2 players in the first RD. Especially with a bunch of other needs & add this Demarcus Robinson sign.

WR’s use to not even go in the first RD. Think Quick & Avery ?? Just off my head & might have not been the first WR chosen ,but maybe 2nd.

I already said they won’t be there.

If you want to bet on what the Rams will do IF one or both is there at #19, fine, but it will likely be moot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I already said they won’t be there.

If you want to bet on what the Rams will do IF one or both is there at #19, fine, but it will likely be moot.
Exactly.
They likely wont be drafting a WR in the 1st round because one wont be there worthy of the pick, regardless of whether Demarcus re-signed or not

dang

Legend
Exactly.
They likely wont be drafting a WR in the 1st round because one wont be there worthy of the pick, regardless of whether Demarcus re-signed or not
That’s why BPA in any key position of need (OT, OG, Edge, CB, WR, TE?) makes the most sense for 2025.

Ram65

Legend
Good deal for both parties. Robinson was steady as 3rd WR taking away snaps from Tutu. Did very well in scramble drills giving Stafford a good target.

Rams might have paid a little premium for Robinson to come back. However, it's only a 1 year deal so the Rams don't take a big risk here. What can Robinson do with more playing time and a year of experience with Stafford? He is solid insurance should the Rams suffer any WR injuries. If he gets a 65+ snap percentage he can reach 50 catches with 600 yards or more. The Rams go into the season with Kupp, Puka, Robinson, and Tutu all under contract. they can look for a WR that can return punts in the draft to add more depth.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

umm...reading comprehension for $100, Alex.

~ArkyRamsFan~