Rams re-sign DeMarcus Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Nice, got $5 million releasing Allen and spend it on a solid number 3 WR who can be a number 2 as well. Might be a good move for him. He makes decent $ for one year and has the trust of Stafford now who can give WRs a lot of stats for maybe a bigger payday.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Can we find an equivalent Safety and iLB in free agency please like we did with the bargain Robinson pickup last year? Snead - Do more of that please!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Great move Rams. That shores up one issue. Now on to the OL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm surprised he didn't try the market to try to get a bit more. But I am happy to see them get this done at an affordable cost.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Very nice deal. Not expensive and definitely worth it. I thought Robinson would demand more on the open market, but good for us he didn't. Love the move. Hopefully we have other key inexpensive signings in the works. Let's build us a Superbowl roster Snead!

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm surprised he didn't try the market to try to get a bit more. But I am happy to see them get this done at an affordable cost.
Same here. Guess he loved it here. McVay seems to have that effect on players. We have a very good team culture built here.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also means we don’t have to spend one of our first four draft picks on a WR.

Unless, of course, a top prospect falls to us.

This. IMO we still need to add one, but with our top 4 locked in, we can wait until the 5th round and see if we can strike gold

oldnotdead

Legend
I expected this but thought it would be for at least 2 or maybe even 3 years. Regardless this is a good sign they are serious about making a SB run this year. This makes Atwell expendable as trade bait. I expect them to draft 2 WRs this year. I think McVay is done with small WRs and it wouldn't surprise me if their drafted WRs aren't bigger. Ram WRs must be able to make contested receptions, break tackles and most of all block. IMO Nacua set the pattern for WRs that McVay wants.

Like the OL the Rams want to get bigger and tougher. McVay's original offense was about finesse. His current offense is about toughness, so size matters. That's why they wanted Shelton over Allen. Shelton is bigger and plays a more physical game. It's why originally Sean's run attack was focused upon the perimeter. Now he's focused upon the inside run game because it opens up the perimeter pass attack and the intermediate zone where he wants to cook.

Yeah I'm glad they signed Robinson.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love the message this sends…

He’s a former 4th round pick who has made just over $9M in 8 seasons. Now, as he approaches his 30th birthday, the Rams are rewarding him for working hard, finding a role, and producing when called upon.

That will resonate with the “working class” players who can really solidify a team.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I love that we're bringing him back. I still am holding out hope that we draft Rice in the 2nd. Then we're completely covered if Kupp gets injured or starts to decline.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Probably thinking a big yr this yr, kind of what he did the last 5 games last yr and project that over a 16 gm schedule, he might be able to score a real nice contract next yr. Like a 20M over a 3 yr deal.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
YES!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that extra cap we got activated that move. That's one good side effect of the Cap boost. You can keep guys like DR in DA HOUSE!!!!