Rams re-sign DeMarcus Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Jourdan reporting that Demarcus contract "up to 5 mil" so will be interesting to see the numbers. She says incentive heavy. Like it even more.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Jourdan reporting that Demarcus contract "up to 5 mil" so will be interesting to see the numbers. She says incentive heavy. Like it even more.
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-demarcus-robinson-deal

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the deal includes a base package of $4 million and $1 million in incentives.

He gets a $1.5 million signing bonus, to be paid by the end of April.

If he participates in 35 percent of the offensive snaps, he gets $166,666.67. If he participates in 45 percent of the offensive snaps, the amount increases to $333,333.33. If he participates in 50 percent of the offensive snaps, the amount moves to $500,000.

If the team improves its league ranking in total net offensive yards or the Rams get to the playoffs, Robinson gets another payment tied to playing percentage. For 40 percent of the snaps, he gets $166,666.67. For 50 percent of the snaps, he gets $333,333.34. If he participates in 60 percent of the snaps, he gets $500,000.

To get to $5 million, the Rams must either improve their league ranking in offensive yards or make the playoffs — and Robinson must participate in at least 60 percent of the offensive snaps.

Memphis Ram

Legend
7th slowest 40 of all the CB's and 26th ranked (think there was 29 total) athleticism score suggests he didn't do great. Again, he did enough for me to still want him, but I would not say he did great. Mitchell, on the other hand, decidedly performed great.
But did you watch the drills?

It's kind of like Keon Coleman's 4.62/40 was bad, but his drills were outstanding.

dang

Legend
If they don't re sign Dotson, I'd like a stud LT. There's no reason Alaric can't be as good at G as Dotson.
I’ll say it until this years FA and Draft are over. Gotta feed this OL. Anything less than a top 5 OL is wasting Staffords remaining years. Need a better LT anyways. I believe Ajax could fill in at RG if Dotson signs elsewhere. Would like a more dominant OC as well. Shelton seems smart but average at best.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Trading up for a WR in one of the deepest WRs classes in years and just a year after getting Puka in the 5th round is highly unlikely.

At the same time there's talk that the top WRs might not go as high as most suggest because of the depth of the draft class and it kinda makes sense.

Look for the CB, LT, or pass rusher.
Trading up for a WR in a WR rich class? That sounds familiar.

Oh yeah, now I remember—Tavon Austin.
Woods, patterson, allen, and hopkins were STILL playing last season!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I’ll say it until this years FA and Draft are over. Gotta feed this OL. Anything less than a top 5 OL is wasting Staffords remaining years. Need a better LT anyways. I believe Ajax could fill in at RG if Dotson signs elsewhere. Would like a more dominant OC as well. Shelton seems smart but average at best.

You're right on. With Dotson now re-signed, the "original round" tender for Ajax tells him he's replaceable. If anything, Boom could fill in while we get a rookie LT up to speed.
If we went LT at #19, and C in the 2nd round, I'd be happy as a clam.
In the ocean.
On the great barrier reef.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're right on. With Dotson now re-signed, the "original round" tender for Ajax tells him he's replaceable. If anything, Boom could fill in while we get a rookie LT up to speed.
If we went LT at #19, and C in the 2nd round, I'd be happy as a clam.
In the ocean.
On the great barrier reef.
Don’t know how you can say that right now ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
7th slowest 40 of all the CB's and 26th ranked (think there was 29 total) athleticism score suggests he didn't do great. Again, he did enough for me to still want him, but I would not say he did great. Mitchell, on the other hand, decidedly performed great.
Corner is a position where they expect to see your speed show in the 40. Arnold is a fine corner but it's gonna affect things for him.