Rams re-sign DeMarcus Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Solid signing! I’d still draft a speed threat high (Brenden Rice is my choice, as always.), but I’m absolutely fine with one more year of Robinson, Nacua, and Kupp.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice. Now lock up Dotson, Shelton, a FA Edge, and a CB. Then we can take BPA for the entire draft. Easy peazy Sneed, Demoff and Pastors. Get er done. :evil:

WestCoastRam

Legend
I love that we're bringing him back. I still am holding out hope that we draft Rice in the 2nd. Then we're completely covered if Kupp gets injured or starts to decline.
I don't think this precludes them drafting a WR. This team needs 4 WRs through the year with injuries and such. But Atwell is insurance so they don't have to draft a WR this season.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Solid signing! I’d still draft a speed threat high (Brenden Rice is my choice, as always.), but I’m absolutely fine with one more year of Robinson, Nacua, and Kupp.
Yeah, the offense needs more speed to really set them up as an elite unit. Nacua came up with some big plays, but whether it's a RB or WR, they need another guy that can take a 10 yrd slant and take it to the house. Or a RB that can get to the corner and rip off a 50 yrd run.

Psycho_X

Legend

"Up to $5 mil" which means it's probably a safe deal unless he produces. No problem with that.
Yeah after this signing I would only go for speed guys at WR in the draft if we go there. Unless another Puka falls to the 5th round of course lol.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm surprised he didn't try the market to try to get a bit more. But I am happy to see them get this done at an affordable cost.
I wonder if knowing the team is primed for a deep run and possible championship had anything to do with his decision to accept the deal. Seems like he could have got more from another team that had less post season chances.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I love that we're bringing him back. I still am holding out hope that we draft Rice in the 2nd. Then we're completely covered if Kupp gets injured or starts to decline.
I'd rather take a top back than a WR there but that's just me. Either way I personally wouldn't draft either position there.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just love the CONTINUITY!!!

Stafford and Robinson clicked later in the season.
The Rams have a natural 3WR group… I love it. Basically.. the entire starting O, except Dotson, looks to be coming back. We’ll see on Dotson.
Signing Robinson eliminates the NEED to draft a WR in first three rounds.
The O is going to come out on fire next year.

WestCoastRam

Legend

The Rams have a natural 3WR group… I love it. Basically.. the entire starting O, except Dotson, looks to be coming back. We’ll see on Dotson.
That's ideally what FA does, eliminate the need to draft and then you're that much free-er to draft more BPA.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's ideally what FA does, eliminate the need to draft and then you're that much free-er to draft more BPA.
With free agency....re-signing our own and maybe a couple of somebody else's, this draft is gonna be interesting. Immediate need may be climbing into the back seat.

dang

Legend

“Hello?” Higs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Smart of him… I think with this WR draft that there will be veteran WR3s and WR4s sitting on the couch come September since whenever there’s a bump in the cap, it almost always gets eaten by the top players and even hurts the mid/lower tier vets at first.

This locks him into a team on the rise with a QB that trusts him and will sign him if he’s producing. AND… he’s not an unsigned vet scratching for a team post draft or worse, signed only to have a high draft pick in front of him leaving him with few opportunities to earn another contract.

dang

Legend
I actually count Allen as continuity.
Sure, he’s young.. but he seems good.
I’m optimistic.
Agree. I appreciate what Higbee has done over the years but it’s time for a succession plan. I just rewatched Rams Ravens game and Allen impressed.