Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
LTP
Christian Bryant
Battle
Washington
Bayer
Blake
Malcolm Brown
Justice Cunningham
AD9
Marcus Forston
Montell Garner
Jacob Hagen
Ifedi
Jones
Zack Laskey
Longarce
Marshall McFadden
McGee
Trovon Reed
Danny Rodriguez

Jo-Lonn got his contract terminated, Watts to the IR.
Thanks! !!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Don't you think the toe surgery set him back, a little, as far as developing technique. And didn't he work hard in the weight room, as reported, while waiting to resume football activities?
The issues I'm talking about aren't physical. He needs to learn how to prepare in the meetings. To learn that film work is indeed necessary and important. Learning your assignments is more important than how physical you are.

People have complained in here the past week about them waiting so long to make the switch at LG. What has not been discussed, is they needed to make sure Saffold was at LG as long as possible (he participated in all walk throughs) so he could tell Robinson what to do on most of the plays they ran.

Guys like Reynolds, Saffold and even Barnes have tried to show him what it takes to prepare as a pro. So far, apparently he isnt bright enough to understand or unwilling to think he needs to.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The 53 man roster as it stands right now:

QB: Foles, Keenum, Mannion
RB: Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds
TE: Cook, Kendricks, Harkey
WR: Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Marquez
OL: Robinson, Brown, Barnes, Saffold, Havenstein, Reynolds, Donnal, Rhaney, Wichmann, Williams
DL: Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Long, Hayes, Fairley, Sims, Westbrooks
LB: Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager, Lynch
CB: Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, Roberson
S: McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander, Davis
LS: McQuaide
K: Zuerlein
P: Hekker

I wonder about Battle. I mean, they keep Wichmann over him?

Makes me think Battle has issues.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The issues I'm talking about aren't physical. He needs to learn how to prepare in the meetings. To,learn that film work is indeed necessary and important. Learning your assignments are more important than how physical you are.

People have complained in here the past week about them waiting so long to make the switch at LG. what has not been discussed, is they needed to make sure Saffold was at LG as long as possible (he participated in all walk throughs) so he could tell Robinson what to do on most of the plays they ran.

Guys like Reynolds, Saffold and even Barnes have tried to show him what it takes to prepare as a pro. So far, apparently he is bright enough to understand or unwilling to think he needs to.
See, we are not privy to that info. So say it, if you need to, or we will never know that. So, you don't think the surgery had any impact, or just don't want to comment on it.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
It is sort of nice....
Not so long ago it was hand ringing about who we HAD to keep, now it is about who we have to let go.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

He's immature, not in shape, and has technique issues. Other than that, he's awesome.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

I'm thinking he's just raw, while Wichmann is closer in the Rams' opinion. Wichmann can come in and do work as a backup or in case of injury.

But I don't think Battle is even ready to backup, but I doubt they want to give up on him. I would be genuinely surprised if he makes it through if he's not on our practice squad.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Rams cuts can't be done. At least one of these guys will be cut as we look to bring in CBs. We had injury problems pretty bad last year at CB, and that was with Gaines still. We can't go in with only 4.

I like Charles James a lot. Really hope we bring him in.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Havenstein, Brown, Donnal, Wichmann, Battle. 5 Draft Picks used this season. 2 are starters, 2 looking like quality back-ups with good upside, 1 released. I'd say that's a pretty good success rate, especially when 3 of the 5 were mid to late round picks. Just hope everyone gives this line time to grow together. Add in Gurley in a few games and I think we're going to have a quality offense ready to make some noise along side the defense.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rhaney isn't close to being ready to play. Neither from a physical standpoint but more importantly from the mental aspect.

He seems to have caught everyone's attention with his continued use of the "cut block". The biggest reason to use that "technique" is because he isn't physically strong enough to get the job done otherwise. What some call athleticism, I call a lack of strength.

He continually gets shoved back into the backfield. While it may not end up with his man making the tackle, it more than likely disrupts the play. Forced the RB to change direction or makes the QB bale on the pocket prematurely.

At this point if D. Rhaney sees the field this offense will be worse for it. He will be at best the 5th Guard. And let's hope he isn't forced into any prolonged aging time at Center.
The part of Rhaneys athleticism I like was ability to get to the second level. I am generally not a big fan of cut blocks, they are just as often missed as not. Rhaney can run and move....but, then, so could Washington. That is what impressed me about him early on. Barnes starting at C makes sense. With Saffold, Brown, Reynolds, Winchmann, Rhaney may be the 5th G. If he is that far from being ready to contribute and he stuck over Jones that really says something about their take on Jones.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's what I thought. There are some guys cut today I would like to keep.
Thanks for the affirmation.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Rams cuts can't be done. At least one of these guys will be cut as we look to bring in CBs. We had injury problems pretty bad last year at CB, and that was with Gaines still. We can't go in with only 4.

I like Charles James a lot. Really hope we bring him in.
I'm looking at Leon Hall, he's supposedly at odds with the Bungles, as they moving on to younger and faster. He's still got some in the tank and he's only 30 and didn't have the worst preseason, if they're looking to shed him I definitely kick the tires on him. Bring invaluable experience.

Only drawback is two achilles injuries in the last two seasons, but a change of scenario and strength and conditioning might help.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So glad that the Rams Org. let ORG Cody Wichmann get all that work the last two pre season games. It sure was late in coming but IMO well worth it. Congrats to Cody Wichmann and his huge effort put in to make this final cut. I sure like what I saw!

fearsomefour

Legend
So glad that the Rams Org. let ORG Cody Wichmann get all that work the last two pre season games. It sure was late in coming but IMO well worth it. Congrats to Cody Wichmann and his huge effort put in to make this final cut. I sure like what I saw!
Yep, a pure G.
A very good blocker at Fresno St.

fearsomefour

Legend
I didn't see Williams play that much. My premise in keeping Battle was he was a developmental LT. But, that is what Williams is and if he outperformed that much, so be it.
Reynolds probably would have been picked up as he is a 7 year vet and a solid lineman.

FRO

Legend
The thing you need to remember about Battle....

Anyone claiming him off the practice squad will have to add him to their 53. Also, keep in mind, every other team passed on him through 4 rounds of the supplemental draft. He hasn't remotely shown to be ready for someone to add him the to their 53 man roster. So I would be surprised if he doesn't make it thru.
Then why did we burn a 5th round pick on a guy too raw to stick? Sio Moore only cost the Colts a 6th round pick. While almost anybody we will have picked in the 5th would most likely have busted, you can trade a 5th round pick for a solid veteran a lot of times. We got Lloyd for a 5th rounder in 2011. While the move isn't a franchise killer, we aren't good enough to be burning through future assets. On the flip side some may say we are finally good enough where 5th round picks can't make the team.