Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Probably hoping he has limited film enough to slide to the PS.

I mean, he's not ready to contribute to a team for this season at all. You'd think he won't be football ready until 2016, right? He's just too raw. So that could concern a team enough that they don't take him for their 53 man. Risky move though.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I saw Cleveland only kept 6 OL. Gotta think they'd take a look at Barrett Jones. Would love to see him land on his feet with another team. Quality guy who should and will get another chance.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I mean, he's not ready to contribute to a team for this season at all. You'd think he won't be football ready until 2016, right? He's just too raw. So that could concern a team enough that they don't take him for their 53 man. Risky move though.
Yeah, but then there's also teams desperate enough for O-line help that they'll take a raw guy and try to stomach through his growing pains like we are with G-Rob. It's a very risky move.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If we lose the 5th we spent for battle that makes the FO moronic frankly.
Doesn't make much sense to cut Battle. Maybe he will end up on the practice squad where he could very well get snatched up by some other team.
Cutting Trinca Pasat just goes to show how little preseason performance/stats can matter sometimes.
I am sure he will land somewhere else. Unless there was no other interest I am not sure why a Dlineman would come to St. Louis as an underrated FA.
The thing you need to remember about Battle....

Anyone claiming him off the practice squad will have to add him to their 53. Also, keep in mind, every other team passed on him through 4 rounds of the supplemental draft. He hasn't remotely shown to be ready for someone to add him the to their 53 man roster. So I would be surprised if he doesn't make it thru.

Irish

Starter

Anyone claiming him off the practice squad will have to add him to their 53. Also, keep in mind, every other teamassed on hi thou 4 rounds of the supplemental draft. He hasn't remotely shown to be ready for someone to add him the to their 53 man roster. So I would be surprised if he doesn't make it thru.

Agreed. The other side, though, is that a team wasn't willing to surrender a draft pick for him. They don't have to worry about that anymore, so Battle literally has to just be better than31 other guys in the league who were 53rd on their teams rosters.

I really don't like the risk.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Agreed. The other side, though, is that a team wasn't willing to surrender a draft pick for him. They don't have to worry about that anymore, so Battle literally has to just be better than31 other guys in the league who were 53rd on their teams rosters.

I really don't like the risk.
Ok. So they keep him at who's expense?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What's crazy is how many good players are on that list.

Well, while a few posters are bashing snisher for some of the cuts, maybe we should be thankful to them that we have a roster that is increasingly getting very tough to make.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Anyone claiming him off the practice squad will have to add him to their 53. Also, keep in mind, every other team passed on him through 4 rounds of the supplemental draft. He hasn't remotely shown to be ready for someone to add him the to their 53 man roster. So I would be surprised if he doesn't make it thru.
Don't the players have to clear waivers before placing them on the practice squad, Or can they designate them immediately?
It's been years sense I cared much about the practice squad. The team has become much deeper than in years past. We just cut some potentially good players.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Havenstien will go thru some growing pains. But I think he's gonna be a very good player. He "gets it".

Put his heart and work ethic into our LT and they would be impressive. But until Robinso figures out how to PREPARE as a professional, he will continue to struggle.
Don't you think the toe surgery set him back, a little, as far as developing technique. And didn't he work hard in the weight room, as reported, while waiting to resume football activities?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Probably a good gamble on the Rams part. But, I hate to see him at risk. There is something there with him, IMO.

Limey

Rookie
Well, while a few posters are bashing snisher for some of the cuts, maybe we should be thankful to them that we have a roster that is increasingly getting very tough to make.

And that they, once again, found undrafted guys who were good enough to make the team. Surely that at least balances out draft picks that don't?

fearsomefour

Legend
You may be very well right about that. I am sure Longacre will get picked up pretty quickly. Trinca-Pasta perhaps as well.
I just don't like tossing draft picks out with the water. Will be interesting to see if he gets assigned to the PS. I thought he represented himself reasonably well in the preseason and managed to not get into trouble.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If you have a legitimate battle for the starter position and you still haven't named a starter, then it is close. You're brushing some fan's views aside from another that might seem to have more knowledge. And while coach0 is more enlightened than most of us, he still isn't privy to the details of who's winning the battle.

Actually, he often is.

A55VA6

Legend
The 53 man roster as it stands right now:

QB: Foles, Keenum, Mannion
RB: Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds
TE: Cook, Kendricks, Harkey
WR: Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Marquez
OL: Robinson, Brown, Barnes, Saffold, Havenstein, Reynolds, Donnal, Rhaney, Wichmann, Williams
DL: Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Long, Hayes, Fairley, Sims, Westbrooks
LB: Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager, Lynch
CB: Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, Roberson
S: McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander, Davis
LS: McQuaide
K: Zuerlein
P: Hekker

fearsomefour

Legend

Ok, fair enough.
He is pretty raw, but, I think played well enough in the preseason.
The move makes more sense if a team has to put him on the 53. Calculated risk to get him to the PS. If he makes it to the PS (assuming the Rams want him there) then I retract my name calling from the front office and put it squarely on myself.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The 53 man roster as it stands right now:

QB: Foles, Keenum, Mannion
RB: Gurley, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds
TE: Cook, Kendricks, Harkey
WR: Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens, Marquez
OL: Robinson, Brown, Barnes, Saffold, Havenstein, Reynolds, Donnal, Rhaney, Wichmann, Williams
DL: Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Long, Hayes, Fairley, Sims, Westbrooks
LB: Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Ayers, Bates, Hager, Lynch
CB: Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, Roberson
S: McDonald, McLeod, Barron, Alexander, Davis
LS: McQuaide
K: Zuerlein
P: Hekker
A lot of confidence and depth on that OL, lot more than any year I can remember in a while.