Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

You're good man to admit when you're wrong, me too whiffed on Barnes as well as others and never thought they would go with only 4 CB's unless the plan is to claim another.

FrankenRam

Starter
If you have a legitimate battle for the starter position and you still haven't named a starter, then it is close. ....

Seems to me you're placing an undue correlation between a 'named starter' and the battle for the job. Perhaps they didn't 'name a starter' simply because they didn't think it was all that important to do so. And maybe they were fairly certain which one of the 3 would win the job from the time camp started, and only let everyone think there was a legitimate battle because it might provide some extra motivation for the unlikely 2.

I never have understood why fans in particular place such importance on having a named starter. I flat couldn't give a flyin' frick if they named a starter at any position. All I care about is those who do are capable of doing the job. And if I don't know who those 22 are until kickoff each Sunday, makes not one iota of difference to me.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But until Robinso figures out how to PREPARE as a professional, he will continue to struggle.
Not sure if you addressed this coach, but just a lil curious, by prepare, you're talking about film/assignments/and playbook stuff, correct? could you get a lil specific? I noticed, during an interview with Saffold, how he was talking about how he knew when to switch off when DL's were doing stunts...he called them something else, and he knew when they were coming and could alert the tackles because of experience...Is this kinda what you're talking about?

Fair enough, although Aaron Donald disagrees with the too small comment.
Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, John Randle...there are quite a few very short but STOUT DT's in the history of this game....and when you see one, you know it...They have supreme strength & incredible anchor...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay... Just throwing a wild theory out there...

If the Rams aren't announcing their cuts, is it possible the cuts that we are talking about aren't actually the cuts?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Anybody know why Trinca-Pasat got cut? He brought it in the preseason. To me this is the only questionable cut I see.
I thought he played better than Westbrooks.
Although, Westbrooks was going against the ones.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I thought he played better than Westbrooks.
Although, Westbrooks was going against the ones.
Numbers game. We are simply better now, than we have been, in a long time. I hope we are able to PS him, it is of my opinion, that we won't. I hope I'm wrong. I want to keep Longacre too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The threat with Battle is a week or two from now when a team out there suffers an injury that allows them to absorb him on their 53. Guys with the feet to play LT are hard to find, so it is a risk no doubt about it.

Not second guessing the Rams here but Battle being poached is a real possibility.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Okay... Just throwing a wild theory out there...

If the Rams aren't announcing their cuts, is it possible the cuts that we are talking about aren't actually the cuts?

Could you expound please? Rams cuts are listed on the NFL website and match what's been/being discussed here all day.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Numbers game. We are simply better now, than we have been, in a long time. I hope we are able to PS him, it is of my opinion, that we won't. I hope I'm wrong. I want to keep Longacre too.
Absolutely.
These are good problems to have. It's been a long time since we've had to cut potentially good players.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not sure if you addressed this coach, but just a lil curious, by prepare, you're talking about film/assignments/and playbook stuff, correct? could you get a lil specific? I noticed, during an interview with Saffold, how he was talking about how he knew when to switch off when DL's were doing stunts...he called them something else, and he knew when they were coming and could alert the tackles because of experience...Is this kinda what you're talking about?
This is exactly the sort of thing I am talking about. From not taking notes in meetings, to not putting in much time studying film. Hence, he just doesn't understand what it takes at this level. He came from a program that ran a very small number of plays. And even tho he played at a major program, in many ways, he came in here on a level comparable to say Brian Quick when it comes to grasping an NFL system. So instead of putting in the time and effort to learn HOW to prepare, he just goes out and relies on his natural athleticism. Only problem with that, if you don't know what you're supposed to do, it's hard to do the right thing all the time.

FrankenRam

Starter
The issues I'm talking about aren't physical. He needs to learn how to prepare in the meetings. To learn that film work is indeed necessary and important. Learning your assignments is more important than how physical you are.

People have complained in here the past week about them waiting so long to make the switch at LG. What has not been discussed, is they needed to make sure Saffold was at LG as long as possible (he participated in all walk throughs) so he could tell Robinson what to do on most of the plays they ran.

Guys like Reynolds, Saffold and even Barnes have tried to show him what it takes to prepare as a pro. So far, apparently he isnt bright enough to understand or unwilling to think he needs to.

So, the term 'self starter' doesn't apply here. Beginning to sound like maybe he's one of those guys whose motivation goes out the window when the first big check is in his account.......and/or knows they don't really have any other options at LT. IF any of that is true, rather disappointing.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I wonder about Battle. I mean, they keep Wichmann over him?

Makes me think Battle has issues.

Hey I'm Cody Wichmann's biggest fan here if anyone has been reading. My bold prediction is he starts for us very soon at OG and even could be a great Center for us. So glad he made it as I am Barnes as I've had to fight for him too and I'm hoping we get Battle to work with to Keep. Wichmann is gonna suprise many of you guys. He is just now well enough to show his stuff. Watch him make his move. Can't believe he was a 6th rounder. Not a Rhaney fan mainly due to his 6'2" height and barley if 300lbs yet he still has belly fat. Heck his dreads weigh 5lbs:) Can I get a hug? I got two of mine in I was really pulling for. I'm excited to watch this crew grow. G. Rob. lets go Big man!!!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Fair enough.

Seems like Wichmann or Donnal could make the PS easily, though.

Cody Wichman has 40+ games of film on him and he was hurt most of PS so his showing in last 2 PS games solidified he is a future starter for us. He has NO BACK UP GEAR. I NEVER saw him get pushed backwards ever like many have and he is great on the pull as he did so much at Fresno State and Donnal I am SMH over as coming From Iowa's program you have a low ceiling and he had his ACL his JR year and did pretty well his SR year opposite the highest drafted OL this last year by the Skins at pick #5. Coach Ferentz puts more guys in the Pro's than most Colleges. Not all are Hype and bust's as a few high picks have gone. Donnal is another to backup Havenstein should he falter. I predicted Donnal to get cut . I'm only right with stuff I can see. I did'nt see practices of Donnal just his PS games and his college games.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I missed on Battle, Jones, Pasat and Dunbar as we added with my misses LB Cam Lynch who is awesome and a headhunter on ST's. Marquez as our 6th WR. Never saw that coming and Rhaney and Donnal both made the cut. Thought Rhaney at 6'2" and barely 300lbs was a lil' light and lacks a little and thought Donnal would make waivers. So 49 out of 53 and we may not be done Love it!!! Hey Wilson happy Nightmares ..we are coming for YOU!!!!:D:eek::eek:

fearsomefour

Legend
Very cool!!
Hope you are correct. That would be a tremendous find. Having any meaningful T depth in the NFL is a rare thing.

fearsomefour

Legend
I missed on Battle, Jones, Pasat and Dunbar as we added with my misses LB Cam Lynch who is awesome and a headhunter on ST's. Marquez as our 6th WR. Never saw that coming and Rhaney and Donnal both made the cut. Thought Rhaney at 6'2" and barely 300lbs was a lil' light and lacks a little and thought Donnal would make waivers. So 49 out of 53 and we may not be done Love it!!! Hey Wilson happy Nightmares ..we are coming for YOU!!!!:D:eek::eek:
I was a bit surprised by Dunbar.
Jo-Lon filled a roll for the Rams and generally was a good player for the Rams. His most important contribution was probably ushering in the Kap era at the Toilet by the Bay.
But, I take it as a good sign the team let him go. They feel comfortable both with Ayers and with the depth that is being developed.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This is exactly the sort of thing I am talking about. From not taking notes in meetings, to not putting in much time studying film. Hence, he just doesn't understand what it takes at this level. He came from a program that ran a very small number of plays. And even tho he played at a major program, in many ways, he came in here on a level comparable to say Brian Quick when it comes to grasping an NFL system. So instead of putting in the time and effort to learn HOW to prepare, he just goes out and relies on his natural athleticism. Only problem with that, if you don't know what you're supposed to do, it's hard to do the right thing all the time.

Well this is concerning and as I mentioned in another post explains why there has not been much improvement in his game since last year IMO. Thanks for the insight........I think lol