Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
And where is it written I stone they won't recoup that pick somewhere between now and next years draft? Seems pretty petty to complain about giving up a future pick. If they would have drafted him this year in the 5th round (I know he wasn't available) and eventually cut him, no one would be complaining about losing him.
Again I'm not trying to make this a bigger issue. In the 2012 draft the Rams thought they could recoup the 5th round pick they traded away for Lloyd. The Bears drafted Alshon Jeffrey with the pick and we missed our two targets. Instead of Bobby Wagoner we ended up with Watkins and Pead. Long story short recouping that 5th round pick can have consequences. You have to give up something to recoup that pick. It's a 5th round pick so it's nothing huge, but it's not something to gloss over either.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What I did not understand about the Battle move is why draft him when you already had 3 young OTs on the roster that were relatively high picks?

Btw, I am thinking this could be Saffolds last year as a Ram if Wichman is a guy they feel can start next year. With Saffold's contract and the need to re-sign guys like Quick, Jenkins, Johnson, Zuerlein, among others, they may need the cap space to do so.

IMO there were many things that worked to their favor @ OT. I would first say they did not know what they had in OT Darrell Williams....... just that simple. They know now.

Donnal has done his better work @ ORT than at ORG. All Andrew Donnal needs to do to get better is get stronger put on some size to his over 6-6 frame.

Garrett Reynolds has been surprisingly very good @ OT in TC & pre season. Looks like all GR's road trips with other teams & maturity has come in handy this yr in playing ORT...I would also say GR is enjoying his lead role with this young OL'ers. Lead by example some players like GR makes them work that much harder.

Then throw in OT Havenstein being able to cease a starting OT post & hold onto it adds even more to the four OT cadre. Was there a real need for five OT's?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Trinca-Pasat? No!!!!!!
To me this is the most surprising and disappointing cut of all!!:palm::(:cry::mad::censored:
Right now we have 10 O-Lineman and 8 D-Lineman on the Roster, IMHO they could have Kept Trinca-Pasat and taken a chance on getting one of the O-Lineman onto the PS!!!!!:seizure:

FRO

Legend
Anybody know why Trinca-Pasat got cut? He brought it in the preseason. To me this is the only questionable cut I see.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I just need to put this here for reference purposes...
COLVD7lUYAA5FFR.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anybody know why Trinca-Pasat got cut? He brought it in the preseason. To me this is the only questionable cut I see.
Too small Fro...Look at the first play by KC after the int...The hole was big enough to drive a truck through.....Constantly giving up gap integrity IMO.

My real question, how the hell did they cut McGee!?!? And feel good about it? Damn you @den-the-coach damn you!
200_s.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fair enough.

Seems like Wichmann or Donnal could make the PS easily, though.
" EXACTLY!!" which would have given us plenty of room to keep Trinca-Pasat or Longacre. neither of which, I believe, will make it to the PS!!

FRO

Legend
Too small Fro...Look at the first play by KC after the int...The hole was big enough to drive a truck through.....Constantly giving up gap integrity IMO.

My real question, how the hell did they cut McGee!?!? And feel good about it? Damn you @den-the-coach damn you!
200_s.gif
Fair enough, although Aaron Donald disagrees with the too small comment.

FRO

Legend
I just thought he was our best looking backup DT. I don't like our DT depth.