Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Well, while a few posters are bashing snisher for some of the cuts, maybe we should be thankful to them that we have a roster that is increasingly getting very tough to make.

I haven't seen anyone bashing Snisher. And I see it as a good problem to have.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Then why did we burn a 5th round pick on a guy too raw to stick? Sio Moore only cost the Colts a 6th round pick. While almost anybody we will have picked in the 5th would most likely have busted, you can trade a 5th round pick for a solid veteran a lot of times. We got Lloyd for a 5th rounder in 2011. While the move isn't a franchise killer, we aren't good enough to be burning through future assets. On the flip side some may say we are finally good enough where 5th round picks can't make the team.

Or confidence is high we add him to the PS?

As others have said... He made it to the 5th in the Supplemental Draft for a reason.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Then why did we burn a 5th round pick on a guy too raw to stick? Sio Moore only cost the Colts a 6th round pick. While almost anybody we will have picked in the 5th would most likely have busted, you can trade a 5th round pick for a solid veteran a lot of times. We got Lloyd for a 5th rounder in 2011. While the move isn't a franchise killer, we aren't good enough to be burning through future assets. On the flip side some may say we are finally good enough where 5th round picks can't make the team.

Could be to that Williams put in the work labor & came into camp to earn a job the right way. I have no ideal if I am right on this next statement but it just may be that Williams is far more mature, gifted with a high ceiling none of us knew....not bashing Battle's effort but there is something here to Williams making this cut. DW must have just out worked Battle, cuz you know the Org. wanted Battle to make it in a real bad way.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Fair enough.

Seems like Wichmann or Donnal could make the PS easily, though.

ram007

Starter
It is a great day when your team is so talented that you cannot find place for a freshly minted 5th rounder. It's a great day

FRO

Legend
Or confidence is high we add him to the PS.

As others have said... He made it to the 5th in the Supplemental Draft for a reason.
And we didn't have to use our supplemental pick on him. I'm not going to make a mountain out of a molehill, but I would like us to be a bit moe stingy with our draft picks. The Falcons got a starting OG with a late round draft choice. The Colts used a late round draft choice to get a starting LB. I would like to see a 5th round pick be profiecent enough to make the 53. I understand that most 5th round picks bust anyways and I don't want to make a huge deal out of this.

Ram65

Legend
Lot of guys here won't agree, but this has been and still is a major concern of mine...

Notes: The Rams will have to bring far more pressure with the first unit on defense to justify all the off-season medals they’ve been awarded

LTP
Christian Bryant
Battle
Washington
Bayer
Blake
Malcolm Brown
Justice Cunningham

AD9
Marcus Forston
Montell Garner
Jacob Hagen
Ifedi
Jones
Zack Laskey

Marshall McFadden
McGee
Trovon Reed
Danny Rodriguez

Jo-Lonn got his contract terminated, Watts to the IR.

Some surprises but, the moves are not over yet. Many could make practice squad including Battle, P-T.Longacer.

Battle worth the pick and could still produce dividends.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
And where is it written I stone they won't recoup that pick somewhere between now and next years draft? Seems pretty petty to complain about giving up a future pick. If they would have drafted him this year in the 5th round (I know he wasn't available) and eventually cut him, no one would be complaining about losing him.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What I did not understand about the Battle move is why draft him when you already had 3 young OTs on the roster that were relatively high picks?

Btw, I am thinking this could be Saffolds last year as a Ram if Wichman is a guy they feel can start next year. With Saffold's contract and the need to re-sign guys like Quick, Jenkins, Johnson, Zuerlein, among others, they may need the cap space to do so.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You answered it the first time. I just want clarification on your meaning. It sounds to me like you're saying a fan on the sidelines is having the coaches tell him who's going to win the battle.

That's your assumption. Chris, he knows what he's talking about, I spent more than 15 hours talking to the man, let it go brother.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Agree on Williams, I noticed him during NFL Networks coverage of that one practice early on in training camp. He just seemed to be very smooth and consistent.

I mentioned to my son this morning that it was a shame that they could not likely keep him. Guess I was wrong.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm fine with the roster...particularly the LBs! I think the Rams are pretty solid there. If that holds true the front four will wreak even more havoc.

I'm glad Roberson made it in the secondary too, but after loosing Gaines it was certain he would stay.

Now comes the REAL DEAL! I'm not worried about an 0-4 preseason because there was lots of players to put to the test.

It was obvious winning wasn't the focus here so I haven't said as much as I normally would...and that's primarily because I haven't been able to see a lot since I work about 12 hours a day.

Anyhow...I think the Rams are solid...but I wait for Seattle...a good test to start out!