Rams asked permission to interview Pat Shurmur for OC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Peterson said in is Eagles head coach introduction today that Bradford would fit his style offence, but has not yet talked to him.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
And that's why Jeff Fisher should not be head coach of this team. Jeff Fisher is not an offensive mind. He has no business passing on better OCs because their philosophy doesn't fit his. His offensive philosophy should be to hire the best damn OC in the business.

He was never bought here to be an offensive mind, he was bought him to prepare/get them to LA. Now that he has with a solid defense to be competitive in the NFC he will get 3 years (2 year extension is coming soon) to bring the offense around. It will not be with a rookie passer like Goff...Fish does not have enough time to make that type offensive overall work with the young defensive core that will have to be paid.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like the idea that they are looking at different possibilities for filling the OC position. A much better idea than a knee jerk reaction and just grabbing someone.

Hue Jackson was never an option, that is just ridiculous he was going to be a HC somewhere. DiFillipo is he signed somewhere? If they like him there is still a chance he is a Ram, maybe they made him an offer he didn't like?

Shurmur does not mean Bradford would come back but I'd sure as hell take him over Foles or anyone else out there to be the veteran on the staff.

I just think at some point Fish needs to move quick and get a top OC when they're out there. The good ones don't usually last long, certainly not as long as Fish often takes to make a call since they're usually gone by the time he makes his hire.

OC is holding him and his regime back. Dude needs to get hot and make a strong offer to DeFillipo before someone else gets him. IMO.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Geez. Fisher should have been gone a long time ago. 4 years of sub .500. Bad drafts. Bad FA pickups. No discipline on the team. No holding players accountable for weak play and mistakes. And now...Shurmur!:rant:
AGAIN!!!
GO RAMS!!!!
Bad drafts?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Geez. Fisher should have been gone a long time ago. 4 years of sub .500. Bad drafts. Bad FA pickups. No discipline on the team. No holding players accountable for weak play and mistakes. And now...Shurmur!:rant:
AGAIN!!!
GO RAMS!!!!

Yea bad drafts yet everyone wants us to resign our free agents that fish drafted. :thinking: :cautious:

Fisher has drafted good to great IMO it's just the QB position that is hindering us.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
To me it is an obvious attempt to save Nick Foles. Foles played well for the most part under Kelly and Shurmur. At the very least, he can come in as passing game coordinator. He learned some good things from Kelly, and if you watched him coach that last Eagles game, he did a good job mixing their normal offense in with traditional one back sets and the result was Murray had a nice game for once.

So I am not opposed to it because if they can't get a decent vet FA or a QB via trade, then it might be the best chance to get something out of Foles as Mannion develops.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
This blows my mind man. Shurmer? Oh man.

PNYRZ.gif

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Funny, in my previous post when I typed "Shurmur", my phone auto corrected it to "Shutout"...

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Fisher doesnt need a good OC to go 7-9. Nor a Qb...Nor a Wr...Nor TE....So why have any?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
AGAIN!!!
GO RAMS!!!!

LULZ at "bad drafts".

Two rookie of the year awards in a row and NINE PFWA All Rookie selections (Pro Football Writers Association)

That in info garnered form another poster LMU93 from the Herd.

If you think this regime has drafted badly make your case I want to hear it.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Grasping at OC's straws or seriously planning to take a QB in 1st and want him and his offense to having him ready opening day.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
First thing I thought. Maybe we end up getting that restructured contract out of him after all. :hiding:
We should wish he would come back. I imagine the new regime at Philly will want to pair him with Demarco Murray and run a more appropriate offense for his skill set.
He'd be perfect for the "Fisherball offense" some of you complain about. Run it down the D's throat and have a QB that can hit the open receiver when needed. No more 8 in the box with a competent QB.