Rams asked permission to interview Pat Shurmur for OC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Seriously you take the offense that was under Shurmur and Bradford in 2010 combined this defense and special teams if they are able to keep everyone and maybe upgrade at kicker (consistency) and IMO you have playoffs in LA, LA land.

Really? Playoffs? If i recall, and I may not, the points per game that year was quite low, less than 20 right? the yards per throw I believe was less than 6.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Really? Playoffs? If i recall, and I may not, the points per game that year was quite low, less than 20 right? the yards per throw I believe was less than 6.
It was a dink fest that first year, no doubt. But I think that has more to do with Spagnuolo/Bradford/Receivers than it does Shurmur himself. The YPA/YPG increased quite a bit in the games that Alexander and Clayton started. When it was just Gibson, Pettis, Salas, Amendola, et al, there weren't very many opportunities to take deep shots. When the other two were in there, things changed a little bit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, anybody that doesn't make the same committment to their football fandom that they do to their spouse just isn't serious about being a team fan.(??) And just needs to man-up and 'Deal With It'.

What a load of horse puckey. The only thing that 66 yr of fandom makes you is an old fan.....no better than anyone else.
Red Herring. Talk of leaving, making last post here, becoming a Packers fan, etc... that is what Dave's comments are about. Dave didn't say that he was a better fan - just obviously more committed and loyal. Come to think about it.... sounds a lot like me. Cheers @DaveFan'51

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So, anybody that doesn't make the same committment to their football fandom that they do to their spouse just isn't serious about being a team fan.(??) And just needs to man-up and 'Deal With It'.

What a load of horse puckey. The only thing that 66 yr of fandom makes you is an old fan.....no better than anyone else.

Really ?...REALLY ???

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When it was just Gibson, Pettis, Salas, Amendola, et al, there weren't very many opportunities to take deep shots. When the other two were in there, things changed a little bit.

Until halftime. Then spags didn't let them throw a pass longer than 3 yards.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sam Bradford - QB - Eagles
ESPN's Adam Caplan expects the Eagles to franchise free agent Sam Bradford.

"I don't want to say impossible, but it's going to be extremely difficult to go past one year," Caplan said. "It's that or he walks, that's the way I see it. I will be stunned if they get an extension done. A long-term deal, stunned." Bradford reportedly asked for $25 million annually in contract talks earlier this year. Franchising Bradford would create stability while not overcommitting to him. Bradford set career highs in yards and completion percentage in his first season with the Eagles, but had 17 turnovers and hasn't been more than a league-average quarterback.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i'll believe it when i see it. they're willing to give him $20m+?

the rams wouldn't even give him $13m this season. they were happy to trade him for the worst starting qb in the history of the league and then threw money at that stiff. and we're all wondering why they can't muster a winning record.

FrankenRam

Starter
Red Herring. Talk of leaving, making last post here, becoming a Packers fan, etc... that is what Dave's comments are about. Dave didn't say that he was a better fan - just obviously more committed and loyal. Come to think about it.... sounds a lot like me. Cheers @DaveFan'51

He said......

'I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU!! ARE YOU, OR HAVE YOU "EVER' TRUELY BEEN A RAMS FAN!!!!!!'

A lot of those who are leaving and/or making the type posts you mention probably had a lot of $$ invested in PSL's, season tickets, gear, and hrs upon hrs of water cooler talk invested in the Rams while in STL. They were true fans. The reality of any/every sports franchise is that the LARGE MAJORITY of any team's fanbase is derived from the people who live in the city/region where that team is based. The fact that they choose to stop being a fan when that team leaves their town/region does not mean they were not 'true fans', and to question that IS...a load of horse puckey.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks 503!! I knew you, and other's here at ROD would understand where I was coming from!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He said......

'I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU!! ARE YOU, OR HAVE YOU "EVER' TRUELY BEEN A RAMS FAN!!!!!!'

A lot of those who are leaving and/or making the type posts you mention probably had a lot of $$ invested in PSL's, season tickets, gear, and hrs upon hrs of water cooler talk invested in the Rams while in STL. They were true fans. The reality of any/every sports franchise is that the LARGE MAJORITY of any team's fanbase is derived from the people who live in the city/region where that team is based. The fact that they choose to stop being a fan when that team leaves their town/region does not mean they were not 'true fans', and to question that IS...a load of horse puckey.
Making farewell posts about becoming a fan of some other team opens that up to me and many other fans who have followed them while they were in LA and through the move to the Lou. I might even get it if the team someone is changing to is more of a regional team like the Chefs. Then - I buy your loyalty to a city/region argument. Clearly - this is not a case of being loyal to St Louis or MO. And clearly, if someone from the Lou remains a Rams fan after the move back to LA, they are a more loyal RAMS fan than someone who gives up on the team.

I'm not saying it is wrong to be loyal to your city. On the contrary. But that does make one more of a loyal St Louis fan than a loyal Rams fan - and that is fine as well. But you can't expect long time LA Rams fans to have a lot of sympathy for that or view that kind of fan as a true Rams fan. If you do - that's fine. He and others don't.

Athos

Legend
Well I figured the Fandom hate argument would be brought up...

For the record, I said I may not even follow the NFL anymore. I probably won't. My passion died after SKs dump.

Also for the record, I have family in Wisconsin that are Packers fans.

3rd, I also get more GB games living where I currently do.

4. My only real toe to KC is Maclin. I'll probably follow both, but never to the point I do draft talk and go on a message board.

I'll just be sporadically following the NFL.

And that's that.

Good luck with Fishers continued awful presence. You'll need it.

lockdnram21

Legend
Well I figured the Fandom hate argument would be brought up...

For the record, I said I may not even follow the NFL anymore. I probably won't. My passion died after SKs dump.

Also for the record, I have family in Wisconsin that are Packers fans.

3rd, I also get more GB games living where I currently do.

4. My only real toe to KC is Maclin. I'll probably follow both, but never to the point I do draft talk and go on a message board.

I'll just be sporadically following the NFL.

And that's that.

Good luck with Fishers continued awful presence. You'll need it.
Im following Chiefs cause Maclin from my neighborhood.