Rams asked permission to interview Pat Shurmur for OC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Seriously you take the offense that was under Shurmur and Bradford in 2010 combined this defense and special teams if they are able to keep everyone and maybe upgrade at kicker (consistency) and IMO you have playoffs in LA, LA land.

Bradford is going to want top dollar but he's an injury risk and still has not had a season to prove he's worth it. I'd pass on him man. Tempting though. But that fire, where I believe he's gonna arrive, has burned me too many times. Only way I'd take him is if he took an affordable contract to come back, but no way he's gonna do that.

jjab360

Legend
Omfg, that is so stupid, I'm actually in awe of the new level of incompetent mediocrity this reaches.

giphy.gif

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Do not think he got fired, more like he got a HC job (Browns). To me it means they will consider strongly taking a QB early based on his success with SB in his rookie year. That type of production plus Gurley and a deep threat with SPEED , in my opinion is PLAYOFFS.

jjab360

Legend
Bradford is coming back.
1378684026000-USP-NFL-Arizona-Cardinals-at-St-Louis-Rams.jpg
Omg this is starting to actually look like it's going to happen. And when it does I'm going to be the idiot that says, "No guys, it's all good, it'll work out this time", right before Sammy breaks his everything.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Bradford or no Bradford, we definitely should still be going QB at #15 in my opinion. Both due to Sam's health concerns, as well as the possibility he may never be a franchise guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow you have got to be kidding me. Fisher might be the worst judge of OC talent in the league. If he goes this route his last three OC's will have been: Schotty, Cignetti, Shurmur. How did we as rams fans ever get so lucky?

And he had a chance at Hue Jackson originally. Now, he has a chance at John DeFilippo. Unbelievable.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
And he had a chance at Hue Jackson originally. Now, he has a chance at John DeFilippo. Unbelievable.

They do not fit his conservative philosophy. I am not saying that bring back SB (which would be my veteran preference). What I am saying is that he as a track record of helping a rookie be successful.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hue Jackson was never going to just be an OC. He had bigger options.

It doesn't look like DeFillippo is going to work out (I think the interview process was to build his perceived need)

Shurmur could work. Our offense is in a better place than last time round.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I dunno, Shurmur might've learned a lot of good things from Kelly. I mean, going from Spags's playing not to lose offense to Kelly's high octane no huddle probably taught him the art of balance.. or Fisher will restrict him from play-calling.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like the idea that they are looking at different possibilities for filling the OC position. A much better idea than a knee jerk reaction and just grabbing someone.

Hue Jackson was never an option, that is just ridiculous he was going to be a HC somewhere. DiFillipo is he signed somewhere? If they like him there is still a chance he is a Ram, maybe they made him an offer he didn't like?

Shurmur does not mean Bradford would come back but I'd sure as hell take him over Foles or anyone else out there to be the veteran on the staff.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Why? Shurmur was fired from here for a reason. The reason Bradford had such success with him his rookie year was bc our division was a joke and our schedule was cake.

He was not fired, he left to be the Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nope, no chance at Hue

Sorry about the narrative but don't fit

He certainly had a chance to hire Hue Jackson as OC back in 2012, Fisher interviewed Jackson and Schottenheimer for OC and Jackson ended up as the WR coach for the Bengals so I'm sure he would've jumped at the chance to be OC back in 2012.