Rams asked permission to interview Pat Shurmur for OC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

diggity

Rookie
Geez. Fisher should have been gone a long time ago. 4 years of sub .500. Bad drafts. Bad FA pickups. No discipline on the team. No holding players accountable for weak play and mistakes. And now...Shurmur!:rant:
AGAIN!!!
GO RAMS!!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He certainly had a chance to hire Hue Jackson as OC back in 2012, Fisher interviewed Jackson and Schottenheimer for OC and Jackson ended up as the WR coach for the Bengals so I'm sure he would've jumped at the chance to be OC back in 2012.

Yep. Somebody has their history right. Rams chose Schotty over Hue. What a colossally poor decision that was. And if they choose Shurmur (or Boras) over DeFilippo, it will be another colossally poor decision.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we do hire Shurmur, as much as I hated him when he was here, he did work well with Sam Bradford both times they've been together. And we do need a QB.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
fancents86: I thought he left because the Browns hired his as the head coach. Am I losing my mind? I remember we greatly improved on offense after the 1-15 season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fancents86: I thought he left because the Browns hired his as the head coach. Am I losing my mind? I remember we greatly improved on offense after the 1-15 season.

This is true. He was hired as HC. We did greatly improve...unfortunately, it was from one of the all time worst offenses to only a bad offense.

TexasRam

Legend
What is this a freakin premature April fools joke?

What's next calling up joe Klopenstein and Adam Carriker out of retirement?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is this a freakin premature April fools joke?

What's next calling up joe Klopenstein and Adam Carriker out of retirement?

Alex Barron has already gotten an early start after hearing the news. Just like the old days.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wow really? The Rams must not like Defilippo at all. We go from "almost" giving Boras the job, to asking to interview Shurmur, but not make an offer to Defilippo. Weird.

Could be more about job security than salary. Fisher only has 1 year remaining on his contract, may not be worth uprooting your family for what may be a very temporary job. jmo.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
This is true. He was hired as HC. We did greatly improve...unfortunately, it was from one of the all time worst offenses to only a bad offense.

Jerry@32 Hue was not then or now a philosophy fit with Fisher and is the same reason why he will not go up to get Goff. And by the way that offense was no where as bad as this year's Rams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope, also the highest # of his career.

I refused to believe this so i looked it up and it was in fact his lowest ypa of his career at 6.0.

After regressing during the mcdouche era he continually improved. Shame about the injuries.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jerry@32 Hue was not then or now a philosophy fit with Fisher and is the same reason why he will not go up to get Goff. And by the way that offense was no where as bad as this year's Rams.

And that's why Jeff Fisher should not be head coach of this team. Jeff Fisher is not an offensive mind. He has no business passing on better OCs because their philosophy doesn't fit his. His offensive philosophy should be to hire the best damn OC in the business.

The 2010 offense? It averaged 18.1 PPG to the Rams 17.5 PPG this year. That was with a ridiculously easy schedule. That offense still sucked.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could be more about job security than salary. Fisher only has 1 year remaining on his contract, may not be worth uprooting your family for what may be a very temporary job. jmo.

Hard to have job security when you have no job. ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Bradford is coming back.
1378684026000-USP-NFL-Arizona-Cardinals-at-St-Louis-Rams.jpg
First thing I thought. Maybe we end up getting that restructured contract out of him after all. :hiding:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thinking about this further....

I still have a Bradford jersey....

Okay, I'm down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess your assumption is that the Rams offer will be his only offer.

I'm not seeing any other OC jobs out there being offered to him. I guess we will wait and see what opens up and what offers are made.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sigh...Nothing has changed except the home location.