Rams asked permission to interview Pat Shurmur for OC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
gun-to-head.jpg

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Wow really? The Rams must not like Defilippo at all. We go from "almost" giving Boras the job, to asking to interview Shurmur, but not make an offer to Defilippo. Weird.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the fuck. I thought it couldn't get worse...but it did.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I have defended fisher since he's been here but if he brings the murmur offense it's going to take a big hit on my support.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Wow you have got to be kidding me. Fisher might be the worst judge of OC talent in the league. If he goes this route his last three OC's will have been: Schotty, Cignetti, Shurmur. How did we as rams fans ever get so lucky?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams request permission to interview Pat Shurmur for offensive coordinator job

The Los Angeles Rams (reminder, no longer the St. Louis Rams) have requested to interview Pat Shurmur for their offensive coordinator vacancy, according to a report from NFL insider Jason La Canfora.

Shurmur's current status with the Philadelphia Eagles is up in the air. He served as the team's interim head coach after Chip Kelly got fired. He then received an interview for Philadelphia's head coaching job but ultimately lost out to Doug Pederson. Speaking with reporters on Tuesday, Pederson said Shurmur is in the mix for a spot on his coaching staff but did not expand beyond that.

The Eagles are reportedly expected to hire former San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Frank Reich for the same position in Philadelphia. If that's the case, Shurmur would essentially have to accept a demotion in order to stay with the Eagles. Note that Shurmur was Kelly's offensive coordinator from 2013 through 2015.

Shurmur has familiarity with the Rams organization. He was the offensive coordinator in St. Louis during the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Shurmur also has experiencing former Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, who is now merely the backup to Case Keenum.

With Shurmur potentially going to L.A., one can only wonder if he'd try to lure Bradford back to the Rams. Wouldn't that be something?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...mission-pat-shurmur-offensive-coordinator-job

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
All of sudden the thought of Shurmur and Bradford kind of excites me.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Shurmer + Kelly mix. Hmmm, I saw the Eagles quite a few games, and they were certainly more exciting than us, once they got things rolling. I wasn't, however, a fan of his, when he was here. We did have way more problems at the time.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
L.A. is a competitive marketplace. If the Rams field a team that is consistently below .500 and plays some of the least entertaining football in the league they will not get many fans following the honeymoon phase. I hope management realises that. It might be the catalyst to *finally* get this team some more offensive talent + competent coaching on that side of the ball.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I always thought he did a good job for us and was hoping this might happen.
A serious question: why are some of you guys out on Shurmur?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Shurmer + Kelly mix. Hmmm, I saw the Eagles quite a few games, and they were certainly more exciting than us, once they got things rolling. I wasn't, however, a fan of his, when he was here. We didh have way more problems at the time.

Seriously you take the offense that was under Shurmur and Bradford in 2010 combined this defense and special teams if they are able to keep everyone and maybe upgrade at kicker (consistency) and IMO you have playoffs in LA, LA land.

fancents86

Starter
Why? Shurmur was fired from here for a reason. The reason Bradford had such success with him his rookie year was bc our division was a joke and our schedule was cake.