Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
JdashSTL said:
Blackmon isnt running at the combine, right?

Can't wait to see Floyd run. I've heard he's been making great progress and will turn some heads.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Stephen Hill from G. Tech just ran 4.3 flat at 6'4'' , 215lbs

Right now he's projected as a 2-3 round. Big and fast WR.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
WR Michael Floyd's two unofficial forty times at the Combine were 4.42, 4.44. He's 6-foot-2 1/2, 220 pounds.

For the record I think he's better than Blackmon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
WR Michael Floyd's two unofficial forty times at the Combine were 4.42, 4.44. He's 6-foot-2 1/2, 220 pounds.

Did you see Stephen Hill (Georgia Tech)? 6'4, 215lbs, 4.30 .40

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
libertadrocks said:

Did you see Stephen Hill (Georgia Tech)? 6'4, 215lbs, 4.30 .40

Didint see it(Dont have NFL Network :sick: ) but I heard about it.

He's an under the radar prospect. If he fell to us at the top of the 3rd we would be stupid to pass even if we already drafted a WR.

IDK how GT keeps turning out these stud WRs. They run the triple option yet it feels like that always have one big fast WR.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
A tidbit from Evan Silva:

Interesting how Justin Blackmon can participate in the gauntlet drill but not run the 40 while nursing alleged hamstring injury.

I guess the PD is also reporting some teams doubt Blackmon will even run the 40 at his pro day. Pair that with his comments yesterday about having "never been caught from behind". Sounds like he hasnt been running a good 40 in practice and it could be a bit of a red flag. Especially with with the bigger bodied Floyd running in the 4.4s.

superfan24

Starter
libertadrocks said:

That's what I'm talking about

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
A tidbit from Evan Silva:

Interesting how Justin Blackmon can participate in the gauntlet drill but not run the 40 while nursing alleged hamstring injury.

I guess the PD is also reporting some teams doubt Blackmon will even run the 40 at his pro day. Pair that with his comments yesterday about having "never been caught from behind". Sounds like he hasnt been running a good 40 in practice and it could be a bit of a red flag. Especially with with the bigger bodied Floyd running in the 4.4s.

This is just creating unnecessary concerns that he created himself lol. If you say you have an injury, just dont even participate in the combine. Focus on your Pro Day. This makes it look like hes too focused on the 40 time. If he doesnt have a good one, so be it, teams can go back and watch the tape. If he falls in the draft, instant grudge against the teams that passed him and the critics.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Some more 40s of note:

WR Kendall Wright's two unofficial forty times: 4.45, 4.50.

WR Mohamed Sanu's two unofficial forty times: 4.65, 4.65.

WR Rueben Randle's two unofficial forty times: 4.50, 4.56.

WR Brian Quick's two unofficial forty times: 4.48, 4.53.

WR DeVier Posey's two unofficial forty times: 4.37, 4.44.

WR Chris Owusu's two unofficial forty times: 4.31, 4.33. Burner.

WR Marvin McNutt's two unofficial forty times: 4.42, 4.50.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks, what do you think about Rueben Randle? Ive seen people list him as the #4 WR in this class behind Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright. Its so hard to get a good evalution on LSU WRs because of their offense and the QB play.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
JdashSTL said:
libertadrocks, what do you think about Rueben Randle? Ive seen people list him as the #4 WR in this class behind Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright. Its so hard to get a good evalution on LSU WRs because of their offense and the QB play.

My thoughts exactly. I dont know what to think. I think SEC WRs in general are more difficult to evaluate, since stopping the run is the top priority and overmatched CBs are left alone on the outside against better WRs. He had a good year in 2011, especially considering the revolving door at QB. Before 2011 he wasnt a huge factor in that offense.

He's a big bodied WR that runs pretty well, although maybe not good enough to get separation in the NFL. He lets the ball get into his frame. Ran a variety of routes at LSU, mostly deep routes tho.

IDK. 2nd or 3rd rounder. I dont really get super stoked out of anything I see from him, but he has the talent to be a NFL starter IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Morris Claiborne Presser

[flv]http://prod.video.rams.clubs.nfl.com/STL/videos/dct/video_audio/2012/02-February/CB_MorrisClaiborne.mp4[/flv]

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
libertadrocks said:
JdashSTL said:

My thoughts exactly. I dont know what to think. I think SEC WRs in general are more difficult to evaluate, since stopping the run is the top priority and overmatched CBs are left alone on the outside against better WRs. He had a good year in 2011, especially considering the revolving door at QB. Before 2011 he wasnt a huge factor in that offense.

He's a big bodied WR that runs pretty well, although maybe not good enough to get separation in the NFL. He lets the ball get into his frame. Ran a variety of routes at LSU, mostly deep routes tho.

IDK. 2nd or 3rd rounder. I dont really get super stoked out of anything I see from him, but he has the talent to be a NFL starter IMO.

He did get hassled by Dre Kirkpatrick a bit, but he's a guy that has good speed a good sized frame and pretty big hands too. It's also worth noting that LSU's QB left something to be desired the past couple of years. I like the guy and I think in a draft with a lot of "risers" at WR he could be a guy that flies under the radar and makes a really solid pick later on.

I do like the sound of the guy from GT, but keep in mind it has taken quite a bit of time for D. Thomas to get acclimated to the NFL. Some of that is injury related, but those injuries could be because of a difficult time transitioning from that option offense to the NFL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow. It's really pathetic to see how far Vontaze Burflict has fallen. That had to be one of the worst Combine performances I've ever seen in my life.

Where do I begin? In his opening press conference, he blamed everyone except himself for his poor performance this year (threw his coaches, the officials, and one of his teammates under the bus, got in the bus, and ran them all over), ran a 5.10 in the forty, was last in the broad jump, was second-to-last in the vertical, quit in the drills, refused to do the bench press, and - if all of that wasn't bad enough - he pissed off scouts with his atrocious interviews.

Forget falling out of the first and second rounds; I wouldn't be shocked if Burflict wasn't drafted.

superfan24

Starter
Memento said:
Wow. It's really pathetic to see how far Vontaze Burflict has fallen. That had to be one of the worst Combine performances I've ever seen in my life.

Where do I begin? In his opening press conference, he blamed everyone except himself for his poor performance this year (threw his coaches, the officials, and one of his teammates under the bus, got in the bus, and ran them all over), ran a 5.10 in the forty, was last in the broad jump, was second-to-last in the vertical, quit in the drills, refused to do the bench press, and - if all of that wasn't bad enough - he pissed off scouts with his atrocious interviews.

Forget falling out of the first and second rounds; I wouldn't be shocked if Burflict wasn't drafted.

Holy shit knew he fell, but not like this. Don't understand how any sensible person can let that happen to themselves. I remember scouts where predicting top 5 in this year's draft last year. WOW

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Did you guys see the numbers Dontari Poe posted? I believe he ran somwhere in the 4.8 or 4.9 range. The dude is 345 lbs! He also had a really good 10-yard split.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
Did you guys see the numbers Dontari Poe posted? I believe he ran somwhere in the 4.8 or 4.9 range. The dude is 345 lbs! He also had a really good 10-yard split.
Yup. He's got his own thread on here, with the combine video. Even if the split is off by a couple 10ths (unofficial), it's still ridiculous for a guy his size.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Steve Muench
in.gif

A look at how some big-name defensive backs have fared early on the final day of workouts at the NFL combine.

• Notre Dame S Harrison Smith stood out during drills. At 6-2 and 213 pounds, he may not have elite hip fluidity, but everything is smooth and under control. There's even more to like about the way he played the ball and his potential to develop into a playmaker. He is a natural pass catcher with big hands (10¼) and long arms (32⅝ ) for a safety prospect.

• South Carolina State S Christian Thompson (6-foot-2⅛) is built like Smith and he flashed the ability to make plays in coverage too. However, Thompson has much smaller hands (8⅜). He didn't field the ball as cleanly and even he dropped a pass. In addition, he didn't flip his hips or change directions nearly as well as Smith, and he had to restart a drill twice.

• At 5-10 and 206, former Oklahoma State S Johnny Thomas appeared to be in excellent shape despite missing the 2011 season because of an eligibility issue, and he moved well in space. He also flashed above-average ball skills and even made a nice one-handed catch with his right hand, but he appeared to lose focus and dropped a pass late. In addition, he had to restart a drill.

• Central Florida CB Josh Robinson certainly helped himself in the testing, where he finished with the top 40-yard dash time (4.33) and broad jump (11-foot-1). While he could have shown better body control early on, he appeared to settle down and flashed above average fluidity during the drills. The only downside to Robinson's workout was his ball skills, as he dropped two of the three passes thrown to him in the final drill.

superfan24

Starter
X said:
By Steve Muench
in.gif

A look at how some big-name defensive backs have fared early on the final day of workouts at the NFL combine.

• Notre Dame S Harrison Smith stood out during drills. At 6-2 and 213 pounds, he may not have elite hip fluidity, but everything is smooth and under control. There's even more to like about the way he played the ball and his potential to develop into a playmaker. He is a natural pass catcher with big hands (10¼) and long arms (32⅝ ) for a safety prospect.

• South Carolina State S Christian Thompson (6-foot-2⅛) is built like Smith and he flashed the ability to make plays in coverage too. However, Thompson has much smaller hands (8⅜). He didn't field the ball as cleanly and even he dropped a pass. In addition, he didn't flip his hips or change directions nearly as well as Smith, and he had to restart a drill twice.

• At 5-10 and 206, former Oklahoma State S Johnny Thomas appeared to be in excellent shape despite missing the 2011 season because of an eligibility issue, and he moved well in space. He also flashed above-average ball skills and even made a nice one-handed catch with his right hand, but he appeared to lose focus and dropped a pass late. In addition, he had to restart a drill.

• Central Florida CB Josh Robinson certainly helped himself in the testing, where he finished with the top 40-yard dash time (4.33) and broad jump (11-foot-1). While he could have shown better body control early on, he appeared to settle down and flashed above average fluidity during the drills. The only downside to Robinson's workout was his ball skills, as he dropped two of the three passes thrown to him in the final drill.

There's my boy Harrison. Before the Senior Bowl stuff most "experts" were talkin 5th round for him, but now I'm hearing high 2nd and nothing past the 3rd round. Would be great for our D, maybe at the top of the 3rd.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
superfan24 said:
There's my boy Harrison. Before the Senior Bowl stuff most "experts" were talkin 5th round for him, but now I'm hearing high 2nd and nothing past the 3rd round. Would be great for our D, maybe at the top of the 3rd.
lol. You'd like to fill the roster with Irish. Floyd with the #22 and then Harrison at #33?