Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And the Broncos take Trevathan. -sigh- Note to self: never pick favorites.

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
And the Broncos take Trevathan. -sigh- Note to self: never pick favorites.
There is an inverse relationship between how much I pay attention to the draft and how happy I am when it is over.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With the 209th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select...Aaron Brown, linebacker from Hawaii.

steferfootball

Starter
Memento said:
With the 209th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select...Aaron Brown, linebacker from Hawaii.
I guess he is our starter. Who else do we have, besides dunbar?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Interesting that nobody picked up Polk, not even with a late round pick... He's got some talent even if they're worried about injuries, a 7th rounder isn't a big deal..

I was hoping we'd just grab him with the last pick and see what happened, but I guess not.. Have no idea about Richardson.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Since this thread is still here, what positions will be targeted by the Rams with the two 2013 first round picks?

Today, I would say OLB and OL.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
#1. Offensive tackle - Smith is not even practicing again. Not good. Season has not even started.

#2. Tight end - a top tier tight end could become a priority, unless one of our pick ups work out.

#3. Running back - a number one replacement will be needed next year.

#4. Linebacker - still need help here, and depth.

#5. Safety - great position for depth/special teams.

This is my best guess before the season starts.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
#1. Offensive tackle - Smith is not even practicing again. Not good. Season has not even started.

#2. Tight end - a top tier tight end could become a priority, unless one of our pick ups work out.

I agree OT, OLB, and replacement RB could be huge needs. Also may need help at OG and WR (depending on how Salas, Pettis, Quick, and Givens progress).

I didn't hear that Smith was not practicing. What happened? Did he have another concussion? If he's going to become a better OT, he needs to practice.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

I agree OT, OLB, and replacement RB could be huge needs. Also may need help at OG and WR (depending on how Salas, Pettis, Quick, and Givens progress).

I didn't hear that Smith was not practicing. What happened? Did he have another concussion? If he's going to become a better OT, he needs to practice.
All Fisher said was that he and Dahl "got the day off."

steferfootball

Starter
I wouldn't rule out wide receiver just yet. It is always possible givens and quick pull a gilyard on us. :cheese:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

I'm hoping we've solved some of our needs. I think Guard and WR will be to some extent. I don't think we would draft another WR next year, probably go the proven route if we still have a problem, too many young guys isn't good.

Regarding Smith, I hope he's OK, but Fisher already said he wasn't going to discuss the "I" word. If people don't know what it is, he is not going to tell us I think. The usual suspects didn't practice and he was one of them, Hoomanawanui was another.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

I'm hoping we've solved some of our needs. I think Guard and WR will be to some extent. I don't think we would draft another WR next year, probably go the proven route if we still have a problem, too many young guys isn't good.

Regarding Smith, I hope he's OK, but Fisher already said he wasn't going to discuss the "I" word. If people don't know what it is, he is not going to tell us I think. The usual suspects didn't practice and he was one of them, Hoomanawanui was another.
The problem is that it's hard to find good veteran WR. Teams don't usually let playmakers go. With the extra pick we might be able to trade for one though.

I hope Rok works out, but the guy was a 5th rounder for a reason. Plus Wells and Dahl aren't the youngest guys in the world. At the very least the team might be looking to draft guys to develop behind them.

I agree that TE is a problem, but I'm not sure how emphasized it is in Schott's offense. Plus, I have high hopes that Kendricks will turn it around this year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:

The problem is that it's hard to find good veteran WR. Teams don't usually let playmakers go. With the extra pick we might be able to trade for one though.

I hope Rok works out, but the guy was a 5th rounder for a reason. Plus Wells and Dahl aren't the youngest guys in the world. A[hil]t the very least the team might be looking to draft guys to develop behind them.[/hil]

I agree that TE is a problem, [hil]but I'm not sure how emphasized it is in Schott's offense[/hil]. Plus, I have high hopes that Kendricks will turn it around this year.

About the Guards, I think some guys will emerge this year, but agree that interior offensive and defensive lines are somewhat important every year. Depth will be an issue for this team for a couple of years. I believe that I said that I was hoping some things got fixed...hoping.

Fisher has indicated that tight end is a huge part of this offense. I think we have more tight ends battling for positions (per) than any other position.